Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Options

Replies

• elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Another important tip: DO NOT substitute Goober's PB and jelly in the same jar...*shudders*
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Can I do this on a wrap? - I have no bread in the house :sad:
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    now you may think this is a joke thread, but it's actually not. here's why...

2 slices of Roman Meal whole wheat bread = 160 cal, 2g fat, 6g protein.
    . . . .

They still make Roman Meal? Loved that bread when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in decades.

And blackberry jam is my choice for PB&Js.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Does this still work with blackberry preserves?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Who wants PB&J on bread when you could have this?

pbic01_zps69efe14b.png

This was not as good as I had hoped it would be. :cry:
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Another important tip: DO NOT substitute Goober's PB and jelly in the same jar...*shudders*

This times eleventy million.

Okay, maybe that was a little extreme. But at least...oh...553.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Who wants PB&J on bread when you could have this?

pbic01_zps69efe14b.png

I know, just tasted it. Disappointed. For that, I retract my previous statement lol
  • Tercob
    Tercob Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My daughter hates jelly and jam so I make her peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Waffles.

Forget bread, use waffles.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I have a Walden Farms PJ with Walden Farms Marshmallow dip (just like fluff) on a coco lite crisp (big chip - bigger then a piece of bread but only 16 calories each sold at Wholefoods or you can get Mr. Wheats crisps sold at Ocean State Job lot also 16 calories). Walden Farms Products have no calories or very little.

It all equals out to 32 calories a sandwich. I love the taste. If you haven't tried Walden Farms products you should. They sell them at Shoprite and Vistacost.com.

I bought that marshmallow dip after a friend here told me about it. I had to throw it away. Even the peanut butter couldn't save it. :cry:

My daughter hates jelly and jam so I make her peanut butter and Nutella sandwiches

Will you be my mother? :heart:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I can never remember which goes on top, Peanut butter or the Jelly.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

I know, just tasted it. Disappointed. For that, I retract my previous statement lol

You are forgiven :bigsmile:
  • tisamckim
    Options
    We call the stuff with fruit in it, "JAM" and we call the stuff that's just flavored pectin or gelatin, "JELLY"... Jelly is the stuff you make when you boil the fruit but then sift out all the solids. Make sense?
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Every morning I do! Except instead of jelly I have bacon. Yum.
  • Nonnyette
    Nonnyette Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and hot sauce is excellent as well. Use a LOT of hot sauce. Peanut butter has massive capacity to mask the heat and flavor of the hot sauce.

I'll also hit the peanut butter and cheddar sandwich once in a while

A person after my own heart.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think we need to not forget about fluffernutter sandwiches.

fluffernutterkep.jpg

Oh wow... ok, now I'm totally drooling! I may need to purchase marshmallow fluff ASAP! I haven't had one of these in years!! :love:
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every morning I do! Except instead of jelly I have bacon. Yum.

GENIUS!! I'm sold! :heart:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have pb&j for lunch every day.
    Except I put one tablespoon of pb on each slice of bread and put the jelly on top of that so my bread doesn't get soggy.
    Oh, and I prefer Jif creamy:drinker:
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    OK if you REAAALLLLY wanna get wild.......... here's what my BFF and I eat before every long run. two slices of 12-grain bread, creamy (yes i said it! creamy!) peanut butter generously spread on one side and lightly on the other. On the generous side, press half of a thinly sliced banana. On the other half, lightly drizzle with honey and then moderately or heavily sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Press that sucka together and there you have it! The pnut butta pah-nana hunny nut power-wich. We :heart: it. We eat that plus a shot of vodka before every run....... (j/k on the vodka, unless it's a night time fun run, otherwise it's a 5-hour energy and a bottle of water).
    BTW I should add that we eat this about an hour and a half to two hours before the run time................
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I always spread my jelly on top of my peanut butter so one piece of bread stays clean until I put it together.

BLASPHEMY! Peanut butter goes on one slice and jelly on the other. And then you bring them together, give them a little sexy time and eat it. Don't want to rush things by putting them together right away. It's a process.

^^^ All. Of. This.