Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    have heard the Devil's Triangle is another good one.

I think that's part of the Dragon isn't it? I rode the Dragon once, it was a good ride, and I think they said that...

I live up in western New York State, there are some great local rides in Pennsylvania in the National Forests!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    There are some people I'd trust not to crash in appropriate situations.

Myself, I am confident I CAN ride in a manner than I'm probably as safe as walking down the pavement.
    But, I'm well aware I don't always ride in this manner, so I do don the gear most of the time.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    2009 900 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom Cruiser here... can't wait for summer (and a possible upgrade this year)
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options

Myself, I am confident I CAN ride in a manner than I'm probably as safe as walking down the pavement.
    But, I'm well aware I don't always ride in this manner, so I do don the gear most of the time.

I have 100% trust in my own ability. It's the car drivers that get me to gear up. No amount of riding skill will prevent a wreck when some soccer mom changing the dvd for her screaming kids and talking on the phone makes a left turn in front of you when you've already committed to the intersection.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html

I did the Dragon a couple of years ago on a Kawasaki KLR 650 I rented in Townsend. I liked it so much I bought a 2009 model a couple of months later.

I live about 4-5 hours from it but have never done it. I think might have to remedy that this year!

Do it! The roads around it are better, but it's fun to do the Dragon just so you can say you did! I had a blast on it, but we ended up there on a Saturday so there were a lot of bikes. It'd be better during the week and in spring or fall when most of the other bikes are gone.

I live 54 miles from the "Hill", as we call it.(Deal's Gap, aka The Tail of the Dragon) I own a couple gsxr's , a B-12 and a Tiller 1000. Been riding since I was 7yrs old, almost 40 yrs now on 2 wheels. My favorite ride is my resto-modded 1986 GSXR 7-12 ...And I'm tearing the Tiller down and using the engine/running gear to build a 130rwhp chopper this year.
    Almost all the roads are good to ride down here. I love it here!! I average 25-30,000 mi a year on 2 wheels ......
    Anything with 2 wheels is awesome, no matter the badge hanging on it !!!

BTW ....This thread is AWESOME !!!!

I lived in East TN for almost 10 years a long time ago, and worked a summer as a crew leader for the Youth Conservation Corps. My crew called the road Vomit Road becasue every time ou drove it someone would get car sick and throw up!

When I rode my little Yamaha 650 down there (from central NY) in 1998, it rained the only day I had to ride the Tail. :ohwell:
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I have 100% trust in my own ability. It's the car drivers that get me to gear up. No amount of riding skill will prevent a wreck when some soccer mom changing the dvd for her screaming kids and talking on the phone makes a left turn in front of you when you've already committed to the intersection.

+100 on this one.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Harley Davidson:

2002 Heritage Softail Classic
    2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I ride on the back of my husband's 2009 Bandit. The Bandit is very high and I'm very short, so it was a challenge for me to get on the back until I lost 20 lbs and started stretching. He also has an old Suzuki and an older Triumph, although both need work. I love riding on the back of the bike with him.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This thread has really taken off. Glad to see all the different people and bikes that you all ride.

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol

No one has started the cruiser vs crotch rocket debate? lol
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

I prefer standards/naked bikes.

JM
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My husband has a Harley and although it took me a long time to get on the back I :heart: it now!! That's one reason I wanted to lose weight is so I would be more comfortable on the back of the bike!

In fact we took a ride to Galveston this weekend with a few other biker friends...it was GREAT!!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This thread has really taken off. Glad to see all the different people and bikes that you all ride.

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol

Oh no, here we go.
  • shelleycc
    shelleycc Posts: 49
    Options
    I have a 2008 Royal Enfield Electra X with a 500 cc single fatty thumper. It is a lovely little Brit bike that makes me very happy.
  • jriehl08
    Options
    I have a 2008 Royal Enfield Electra X with a 500 cc single fatty thumper. It is a lovely little Brit bike that makes me very happy.

It kinda reminds me of the 78 XS400 Yamaha I built for my father inlaw when he wanted to get into riding 4 yrs ago. Cool new bike with the vintage look.
  • shelleycc
    shelleycc Posts: 49
    Options

It kinda reminds me of the 78 XS400 Yamaha I built for my father inlaw when he wanted to get into riding 4 yrs ago. Cool new bike with the vintage look.

You nailed it! My very first bike was a 1980 Yamaha 650 Special, with that ballsy 650 twin engine. The Royal Enfield was so reminiscent of my old Yamaha that I just had to buy it. When I was discussing the similarities with my father, he said, "Well, duh, Shelley! All of the Japanese companies were copying the British stying back in the 70's and 80's." Makes sense!
  • KristysLosing
    Options

My husband would love you! We had a 2002 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Military. He sold it to his dad last summer when we bought our Triumph.
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Defintely ride! Honda Shadow 1100!
  • jriehl08
    Options
    Glad to see we are still getting new faces in here everyday. Welcome everyone.
  • gorigirl
    gorigirl Posts: 7
    Options
    learning to drive my bf's 2010 GSXR 600. it's a lot of fun. i also own a scooter.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Always wanted a cycle when I was "young"(er) ... never got around to buying one until last year (at age 40) .... started off with a Liter bike (had never ridden even a dirt bike before) ... 2010 HondaCBR1000 ... got a learners permit ... learned to ride on it ... dumped it once ... passed my driving test on it ... was doing great until a lady backed over it while it was parked on the side of the street .... SHE HAD A BACKUP CAMERA *smh*

Soooo ... I took insurance money and traded for a 2012 HondaCBR1000 which I love Even More!

Have put about 1500 miles on the new bike ... had almost 6000 on the old ... so I still a Newb .... but ride WHENEVER... WHEREVER I can .... don't know how got along without it!!