Apple shaped people (again) Please post Before and After Pix

Options

Replies

• ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

Here are my before and afters, we CAN get rid of our bellies!!

Janprogress.png

and more recently
    photo20.jpg

ive always hated my pear shaped body didnt know people wish they had it :o you look great btw
  • ebonie101
    ebonie101 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i would have thought apples have it easier than pears lol i learned alot we all struggle the same way. congrats to you all
  • lintlin
    lintlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The difference between an apple and a V or "inverted triangle" is that an apple's waist is larger than the hips and shoulders, while a V's waist is smaller than the shoulders, but equal to or wider than the hips. An apple has a larger ribcage then the V, so while a V (when bigger) may look top heavy, the apple has a much wider back and midsection than the V.

Sorry, don't mean to go all teacher on you, just really enjoy talking about this! :)
  • Divamc
    Divamc Posts: 21
    Options
    @Ashleydv7...You and I are almost twins! I started at 272 and now I'm 243. I got the serious apple action going on. I'm top heavy with wide shoulders. I have never had an indented waist. I have no hips, thighs, or butt. When I work out, my legs get really muscular. I have a "tumble over" tummy. At my largest, I looked to be about 7 months pregnant. I've always said that I'm shaped like a box.
  • Litchick79
    Litchick79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump! :)
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I think I would be an "apple" if I got much bigger, WebMD classified me as a rare breed, an "avocado." Meaning I gain weight in my middle and hips and thighs--LUCKY ME! LOL. When skinny (it's been a while) I'm more of an hourglass...but right now I'm just "thick." Bagh!

So that's what I am! Thanks!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I always used to think I was an hour glass. Just recently, I learned that I'm not. Having big boobs and a big butt doesn't make you an hour glass. My waist doesn't really nip in at all - it's straight. I'm a banana! Great. I hate bananas LOL.

I am big all over, including my stomach. It has certainly decreased! Running over the last two months (or maybe a little less than that) has done the most to change my stomach! I don't have a good photo yet, but here are a couple decent ones:

Before:
    i-dhgHSQv-S.jpg

During (this was about 10 lbs heavier than I am now):
    i-DJ68xDv-L.jpg

Great job, and I love that purple dress!
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what shape I am. I've definitely got a butt, not very big in the chest, most disproportionate part is probably upper arms, which I blame on the German &.Polish side (well, that and the cheeseburgers)....all the old aunts had those. Big upper arms and fairly broad shoulders. I haven't measured since I started but I think I was waist 45 hips 54 at one point. Pants are usually tight in the hips before they are tight in the waist, I get a gap in the back sometimes. Ive noticed a little more waist since I started and also unfortunately a little less butt. That was the part I wanted to keep darn it. Wish we could pick which part shrinks first, I'd definitely go for arms.
  • jennysmyname
    jennysmyname Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    before:
    DSCN6210copy.jpg
    after:
    44copy.png
    My bottom half is still the biggest part of me haha but i like it a bit more now.
  • donnab83
    donnab83 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dymplez
    Options
    Bump
  • 504Crystal
    504Crystal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The difference between an apple and a V or "inverted triangle" is that an apple's waist is larger than the hips and shoulders, while a V's waist is smaller than the shoulders, but equal to or wider than the hips. An apple has a larger ribcage then the V, so while a V (when bigger) may look top heavy, the apple has a much wider back and midsection than the V.

Sorry, don't mean to go all teacher on you, just really enjoy talking about this! :)

So now I'm confused. I'll post my measurements. I'm short but I have broader shoulders...definitely wider than my waist. My waist is 41 **tears** and my hips are 43. No butt **more tears** and not really any hips but my waist does go in a LITTLE when I lose weight. What does that make me? I gain weight in my midsection 1st...arms and boobs...legs last. Would that make me more of a rectangle? This is so confusing. Sorry I only have before pics in my gallery...no after to show yet.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    based on my measurement I'm still a pear but I look like I'm pregnant, what does that make me? seems like fat goes to my belly first. I'd never had a flat stomach :(
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mwk13
    mwk13 Posts: 1
    Options
    BUMP
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of an apple but a straight apple if that makes sense? When I was slim I had a small hourglass figure and that turned into a rectangular figure when I put on weight. Now though, my stomach just seems to be getting bigger and bigger- I'm an 18 around my waist and in my torso but a 16 in my legs. The problem is I'm big all over- I've got really chunky legs which I don't mind that much as long as I can get the fat off them and have some muscle definition, a big, prominent bum, big boobs and hugely fat arms. I really have no idea what my body is going to look like if I ever do lose this weight and I certainly have no idea how to dress to flatter my shape!

ETA: I am also only 5 foot tall so I basically look like a beach ball!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Apple bottoms? I'm down. Let's do this.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Not all the way there yet, but I'm a bit less apple and a bit more core:
    beforeduring_zpsc6216f5a.jpg
  • gabdhouse
    gabdhouse Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I, too, am apple shaped :( It sucks! But, with hard work we can change it, ladies! We just have to work a bit harder than women with the other shapes. I would KILL to be a cute little pear shape and I can't even IMAGINE being a va va voom hourglass. Those chicks don't know how good they've got it, I swear lol. I've been doing Jillian Michaels DVDs at home and also spin class twice a week and I've about got mine worked off. Still working on toning up more though.

I so agree with you, I would love to be a pear shape versus and apple. To me it just looks better even with added weight. And keep up the good work, you look fabulous! You give us apples some hope. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!