Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Refreshing Thread;-) Married 30 years this August. Been together since JR high school! My sould mate! Could not be more blessed!Congrats to all you Long timers.:smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    now this would be me.
  • emcraw78
    emcraw78 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love seeing all of these positive responses! We'll celebrate 13 years of marriage in July, and we still like each other! We're still dating, and thank God for the wonderful life (including three kids) He has given us.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband for 19 years. Started dating when I was 15, got married at 21, two kids and 13 years of marriage later he's still my one and only :smooched:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Married 18 years this year, met & married in a month. Not always happily....hey not all things are always perfect, it would be boring..... but damn I plan on sticking with him forever. He loves me & my son, we love him just as much. He's raised my son since he was 3yo, he's dad. He's a better man for it considering he can't have kids of his own :sad: and he's not just my husband, he's my best friend, soul mate & just everything to me. I'd be lost without him, he's be sooooooooooo lost without me. We've been there when our mothers died, we've been there when our fathers treated us like ****. We've been there when our son (yeah my son but like I said before...he's dad) got into so much trouble all the time for years. We've been through things together that no couple should have to be through & come out the other side even better for it. I :heart: him.
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Been married 18 years strong here, with many more to come;)
  • Tyree985
    Tyree985 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 5 years and I adore my husband. We have the best relationship.
  • WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, not married for 20+ years....but
    Together since 1994...since we were 17 (so almost)
    Married in 2002.

Been through the best of times, and the WORST of times (mainly my doing), but we have been and gotten through it
    (big ol sap tearing up as I type this)
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    13 years. Ours was an arranged match. We chatted online for 4 months. He was working in the US and I was in India. Our families knew each other. We have had our ups and downs but still here and still loving it!!!!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been happily married for 3 years!! My husband and I have been through alot and each time we are tested, we come through together! My parents have been together for 26 years and my grandparents have been married for 52 years!
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    39 years here and he's still my knight in shining armor, although we sometimes have "married sex." That's when you pass each other in the hallway and say "F.U." and the response is "F.U. too!" :bigsmile:
  • clemsonsaint
    Options
    13 years here. I am very blessed with a wonderful wife and 4 awesome children.
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Together for just over 21 years, married for almost 18 of them. We have very good role models as my folks have been married for 52 years and his over 40...our goal is forever :-)

Mind you, ours is not a perfect marriage, but none are. We're in it for the long haul because we love each other even during those (few and far between) times when we don't like each other. I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Wintertexan97
    Wintertexan97 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We have been married 51 years and together for 2 years before that. Together..... we have come thru all that life has dealt us....the ups, the downs and the in-betweens. We still pIan for "getaway" weekends to keep things fresh....hey people, there IS life after 70! I feel very fortunate to have raised 3 successfully married sons who have given us 7 wonderful grandkids. We are blessed!

If I had it to do over again.....I WOULD! :heart:
  • ginaNJ73
    ginaNJ73 Posts: 26
    Options
    Together 22 yrs.. Married 15 next month... He was my prom date (and 6 yrs older than me!! Scandalous!!) Often thought what life wouldve been had I taken a different path, and I wouldnt have it any other way. Love him so, and our 2 precious kids..... life is good, even if we don't have much, we have each other. <3
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I am so very jealous!! Happy for you all but jealous.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I have been married for 31+ years (32 in June) ! ! We've been through it ALL, I think - the good, the bad, and the ugly ! ! LOL !! There were times I wanted to throw in the towel, but didn't. And I can say, honestly, that without God, we would NEVER have made it this far!

Someone else wrote that they were debating on getting married because they see so many ending in divorce - well, that's EXACTLY how I came into the marriage. My mom and dad divorced after 20 years of fighting and struggling with their relationship, and knew I didn't want anything like THAT ! ! But there were a few good times and so I had a bit of hope that there could be something better - my husband's parents had (and still have!) stuck together through thick and thin - and have been married over 68 years now! And there have been others that I have looked closely at, wondering "what is the secret?"... and then I learned - it's no secret ! ! I believe both people have to have a firm commitment to working things out, and forgiving the other. LOTS of love and grace towards each other is KEY... and a bit of humor helps ! ! And I have to say, God has helped me keep going, even when I thought there was NO HOPE for us, no hope for our relationship. But He is repairing our marriage and making it better than ever! We are able to enjoy one another again, laugh and giggle together, and are more in love than before... It takes work, but it's worth it ! !

Thanks, OP, for starting a great thread !! :drinker:
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am a terrible person; I saw the title and expected this to be a three-post thread. But it warmed my horrible little heart anyway, so :flowerforyou:

I also like seeing all the other people who've been married for 13 years. Hands up everyone else who got married in 2000 so they'd be able to figure out how long they were married without too much math! (Wait, that one's just me?)
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 2 years but with my partner for 4 1/2. Very happy with a 2 year old son :)
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    39 and counting!