Good for you ice cream?

Has anyone tried this Enlightened Ice Cream?
http://www.eatenlightened.com/

It looks like it's mostly available in the NY/NJ area but it is also available for online order. I was wondering if anyone here had tried it before ordering some.

here is the nutritional info for the fudge bars:

Serving Size: 1 bar (75g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 70
Cal from Fat: 15
Total Fat 2g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 6%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 14g 5%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 3g
Erythritol 6g
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20%
Iron 4%

Ingredients: skim milk, milk protein isolate, erythritol (natural sweetener), non-GMO soluble corn fiber, cocoa processed with alkali, cream, mono & diglycerides, locust bean gum, guar gum, natural flavor, monk fruit extract.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    No ice cream is "good for you" aka healthy. Eat a reasonable portion of whatever ice cream you like and work it into your daily calories when you want a sweet treat.

The one you listed is fine, if that is what you like the taste of. To me, ice cream shouldn't have unidentifiable ingredients (like I have no idea what erythritol is and "natural flavors" are anything but natural). I think ice cream should have ingredients like milk, cream, eggs, sugar. Otherwise it is frozen milk or milk-like products with other junk tossed in there.
  • rkammerer
    rkammerer Posts: 12 Member
    I make my own "ice cream" which consists of frozen banana, peanut butter and whatever other frozen fruit you would like. Put it in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Eat immediately or cover and freeze for later use. Good luck! :)
  • pichild
    pichild Posts: 72 Member
    If I eat ice cream it is usually breyers carb smart vanilla...no added sugar made with splenda ...oh so good
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc. Some people eat it daily. I can't imagine pumping those kind of chemicals into my body every single day. It's too hard on the body. Like smoking, it seems okay for a while and we do fine and then one day, it just becomes too much. I am grateful, I don't like icecream. However, I always get a craving for it at PMS time. That said, I make my own or make a protein shake with tons of fruit. It satisfies me the same.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    I make my own "ice cream" which consists of frozen banana, peanut butter and whatever other frozen fruit you would like. Put it in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Eat immediately or cover and freeze for later use. Good luck! :)

Me too!!! Have strawberry banana in my freezer right now. Quite yummy too!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc.

It's ok, I'm not a rat.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    i like gelato better. more creamy.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc. Some people eat it daily. I can't imagine pumping those kind of chemicals into my body every single day. It's too hard on the body. Like smoking, it seems okay for a while and we do fine and then one day, it just becomes too much. I am grateful, I don't like icecream. However, I always get a craving for it at PMS time. That said, I make my own or make a protein shake with tons of fruit. It satisfies me the same.
    I'm glad it had rat poison, I don't want rats anywhere near my ice cream. same with anti-freeze. I don't want my ice cream to freeze.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    It doesn't look too bad, but be careful with ice cream. Most brands contain anti-freeze, rat poison, etc.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNhdF85j6jpdsKEWbQx18JAFy9ToRIVtNFmln66mTLQxHKdmXR
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Dairy Queen has a sugar free Fudge Bar that is only 50 calories. I buy boxes of them for whenever I dont have enough calories in my day to eat regular ice cream.
  • quirkytizzy
    tumblr_lw0dq6jwAd1qlena1o1_500_large.gif

In all honesty, OP, that sounds like very tasty ice cream. And decent ingredients too.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    No ice cream is "good for you" aka healthy. Eat a reasonable portion of whatever ice cream you like and work it into your daily calories when you want a sweet treat.

Why do you say that it isn't good for you or healthy? Is it the sugar you have a problem with?
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    This!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    I grab the container from the freezer at walmart that has "Mint Chocolate Chip" in the title.
    I don't look at calories.
    I don't look at ingredients.

If I'm gonna eat ice cream, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Note: I still gotta try that poptart ice cream sammich... mmmmmm
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member

Who cares about rat poison? I love ice cream...especially in the _S_U_M_M_E_R_.

Me too. When it's nice and S_U_N_N_Y.

I am soooo REDDY to have some ice cream right now

I'm going to sneak Around the MulberryBush and scarf some right now!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    can you get skinny cow at your supermarket? their stuff is usually around 150 calories and tastes really good.
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    I usually eat this... when I don't have room in my day for the real stuff.

10d8e9b3b5c66ce1_arctic-zero.jpg
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member

Who cares about rat poison? I love ice cream...especially in the _S_U_M_M_E_R_.

Me too. When it's nice and S_U_N_N_Y.

I am soooo REDDY to have some ice cream right now

I'm going to sneak Around the MulberryBush and scarf some right now!

I'm going to CRAMberta some ice cream into my mouth tonight!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    I can't wait for a S_U_N_N_Y, _S_U_M_M_E_R_ day to eat ice cream while laying Around the MulberryBush
  • quirkytizzy

Note: I still gotta try that poptart ice cream sammich... mmmmmm

No joke - my best friend and I trying this today.
This discussion has been closed.