Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I did, however, almost buy some turkey jerky today. I think it can pass there. though, to be fair, it paled in comparison to the bacon jerky sitting next to it.

bacon jerky ??? what??? :love: :love: :love: sign me up!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    IN for the roll

tumblr_lj48r4ZWnH1qbvx0xo1_500.gif
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Ever try Venison jerky???? I like it
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    some-pop-tarts-are-ridiculed.jpg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    some-pop-tarts-are-ridiculed.jpg

thats pretty much what they are really
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    IN for the roll

Oh No You didn't go all Punky Brewster on us!! Did You???? LOLZ!!! :drinker:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    IN for the roll

Oh No You didn't go all Punky Brewster on us!! Did You???? LOLZ!!! :drinker:

I KNEW it!

O, and niacinimide is a b vitamin.

tumblr_m7l34ttsgt1r8ftxco1_500_zps98345beb.gif
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    In for part two :bigsmile:

pop-tart-ice-cream-01.jpg
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, what the hell is in pop tarts? Niacinamide? Corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup AND sugar AND dextrose (all sweeteners!). 200 calories for ONE of those flat little tasteless rectangles that conveniently come in packages of 2? I'll have like 100 raspberries on a giant bowl of oatmeal or two eggs and turkey bacon thanks. (Can you feel the hatred for processed prepackaged food yet? lol)

Can't help ya on ice cream. If it's legitimate whole-ingredient (read, creamier and more delicious) ice cream, eat it. Maybe just not all the time?

Hmmmmm... some "processed prepacked food" in your diary too, but don't want to judge...

Turkey Bacon: Ingredients: (White Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Dark Turkey), Water, Sugar, Salt, contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sun Flower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

Kraft Sesame Dressing: Soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, contains less than 2% of spice, garlic, caramel color, citric acid, garlic juice, xanthan gum, phosphoric acid, natural flavor, propylene glycol alginate, polysorbate 60, vinegar, salt, vitamin e. contains: soybean, wheat, sesame seed.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Just gonna leave this here (my Amazon delivery that arrived today):

b5922d79-763f-4c69-bef3-04e35c42419e_zps23cda26f.jpg

Sweet mother of pearl - is that a box of CINNAMON BUN pop tarts? I may be in love all over again!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Sweet mother of pearl - is that a box of CINNAMON BUN pop tarts? I may be in love all over again!

The Cinnamon Bun was good, but I expected more to be honest
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

So far, the Pumpkin Pie ones are my favorite. Red Velvet is a close second. I wish I could get my hands on a box of the Hot Chocolate ones!!

Edit to say that my husband thinks the Cinnamon Bun ones are to die for!!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

$^@%#&$*#^@%#^%$^#@!!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Ermahgerd-Pop-Tarts-Meme_zps01d431ca.jpg

and to keep you warm during the winter

4620fd4b-f60c-4e1b-a719-908f0e3964b4_zpsc3f8dae9.jpg
  • DaniEdge9
    DaniEdge9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I just made a post in my group about how I was so frustrated I kept going over my sugar goal even though I was under my calorie goal and exercising regularly.

Then I found this and read the OP.

Thanks for making me laugh and not take all the SUGAR IS KILLING ME stuff so seriously.

pumpkin-poptarts.jpg

Also these are delicious as heck.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, what the hell is in pop tarts? Niacinamide? Corn syrup AND high fructose corn syrup AND sugar AND dextrose (all sweeteners!). 200 calories for ONE of those flat little tasteless rectangles that conveniently come in packages of 2? I'll have like 100 raspberries on a giant bowl of oatmeal or two eggs and turkey bacon thanks. (Can you feel the hatred for processed prepackaged food yet? lol)

Can't help ya on ice cream. If it's legitimate whole-ingredient (read, creamier and more delicious) ice cream, eat it. Maybe just not all the time?

Hmmmmm... some "processed prepacked food" in your diary too, but don't want to judge...

Turkey Bacon: Ingredients: (White Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey, Dark Turkey), Water, Sugar, Salt, contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sun Flower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite.

Kraft Sesame Dressing: Soy sauce (water, wheat, soybeans, salt), soybean oil, high fructose corn syrup, water, apple cider vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, contains less than 2% of spice, garlic, caramel color, citric acid, garlic juice, xanthan gum, phosphoric acid, natural flavor, propylene glycol alginate, polysorbate 60, vinegar, salt, vitamin e. contains: soybean, wheat, sesame seed.

FTW! There was another person yesterday getting all holier than thou that had the same kind of junk in their diary.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    ben--jerrys-half-baked-26672.jpg?1173292675

Finally had a pigout day like I've been saying I would for awhile. That ice cream was damn good, too. However, it's also 1,322 calories for an itty bitty pint container. I eated it all.

I believe my maintenance on a day with no exercise is around that mark. So if I were to do what one person in this thread does and eat a pint of ice cream every day I wouldn't be able to eat anything else!

(Tempting...but no. I'd miss steak!)

Anyway, I had my day. Now it will take me at least a week and probably two of intense workouts to burn off all those calories. And that is why Pop Tarts and ice cream are bad. Tasty, tasty bad! :laugh:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Alas, I cannot eat Pop Tarts. BUT, if I could I would totally eat the Pumpkin Pie ones. I'll take the Nyan Cat scarf though!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I just made a poptart group, if anyone's interested.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/13043-pop-tart-fans
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options

FTW! There was another person yesterday getting all holier than thou that had the same kind of junk in their diary.

This is why my diary isn't public... I have to hid the JELLY BEANS! :laugh: :laugh: lol :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: