Anybody ELSE *hate* their neighbours?

Options

Replies

• ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I really don't care for my inconsiderate neighbors. I wish they would move. Actually, I wish I could move but I'm stuck with a condo that's not worth nearly as much as I paid for it. :sad:
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't hate my neighbours that's a very strong word but I can't say I like them either they can be very anal over the drive we share and get really annoyed whenever my friends use it, I mean it's a piece of frigging concrete they need to get a life

We must have the same neighbors... I received an email once asking why our friends would turn around in their driveway ( just back in a teesie bit at the top as we share a long, one car width access road)

We ended up taking down trees at the top of our driveway so people could turn around there.

And like you said, I don't hate them, but we don't hang out with them either. We're way too "blue collar" for their liking :drinker:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I don't hate my neighbour but she screams and shouts at her 3yo son and her 6mo daughter, I heard her tell the 6 month old to shut the F up before once. Not to mention her abusive boyfriend who comes around once a month and I have to leave the house with my little boy so we don't have to sit and listen to the shouting... Need a detached house!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I have this theory. People who say things about others having "no class" are rude, pretentious douches.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I dislike our neighbors. We have 4 dogs and I can say with confidence they have never bothered our neighbors. All around us people have barking dogs. And they just let them, for hours and hours on end, at all times of the day and night. It's not that hard to let them inside. It's just not.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    From past experience, it was mainly dog problems that made me loathe my neighbors, or probably vice versa. However, now my neighbors ARE dogs...wild dogs (coyotes) and sage brush and wild mustangs....closest person lives about 2-3 miles away.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I live next door to freshies. Freshies are people who are fresh from their countries to another. Living in Harlesden we have a high population of Somalians. Now, just to put it out there now, I'm not a racist, there is something about every race that pisses me off including my own :P

Now, typical fashion of Freshies, the parent's speak absolutely no English, they're kids do however and I don't know what it is about kids from these types of families, they act like ****ing animals! The children scream and I mean SCREAM! all the bloody time! the outside garden of theirs is ridden with rubbish and broken furniture which brings in a lot of mice, rats and fox's! They even throw their rubbish into our bins which is a huge issue since if we don't recycle properly we will be fined £1000! they even dump their rubbish outside of our door! they even lit a firework on our balcony! if the window was opened they would of started a fire! THIS ISN'T ****ING SOMALIA!

Every time you ring their doorbell, a child walks out. So you ask them to call their mother or father but they always say that they aren't in, which is bull****! so the parents come out and no English..none.

Here's an idea, if you are going to live in this country, at least speak the damn language! I am sick to death of this bull****!

Oh god... I used to live in Harlesden too!! It's always been that way as far as I remember!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand my neighbors below me. I was told I couldn't have my neice and nephew over because the people downstairs "sleep during the day and work at night." Whether it's 12pm or 12am, or any time in between, they have their surround sound so loud I feel like I'm in a warzone and/or earthquake.

Now that my place is finally unpacked, I can't wiat to get back into my Kinect Dancing games!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Now, just to put it out there now, I'm not a racist, there is something about every race that pisses me off including my own :P

Haha! I agree. My dad's full Chinese and I make the worse remarks out of them.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    You can "love your neighbor" but not actually like them. Nothing wrong with that.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I have the greatest neighbours. Yesterday one of them dropped by with chinese food for dinner, so I didn´t have to cook. Today she asked if we wanted to join her for dinner. Our other neighbour comes in regurlary with homemade cake or bread. They are so sweet and shows great hospitallity, but respect the private life. We talk to each other free and open. The woman above us (there´s four apartments in the house) is a single mother with four children, we sometimes look after and babysits. It´s a big family here.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I love my neighbor. He gives me weed sometimes.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    My neighbor is my EX mother-in-law. You can imagine our relationship.
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    I hate my neighbors children, does that count?

Dont get me wrong, I like kids. Just not when they are screaming and jumping up and down on the ceeling of the apartment directly above mine.

When I'm home I want two things. Vodka, and quiet.
  • Pasukaru2
    Pasukaru2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I can't say I HATE them , but I definitely don't like them very much... They live right above us, and are veryyyy noisy. Well if they were noisy at normal hours I could bear with it, but they listen to heavy rock from 8 P.M till midnight often :explode: I did try to talk to them, the girl is nice and almost seems like she's going to cry at times, but the guy LITERALLY avoid us! I did meet him a few times, tried to speak with him (just chit-chat, like ''Hi how you doin?'') and acts like we just don't exist! Talked to the Landowner too, and he called us back telling us that they were annoyed by us too because we were listening to movies too loudly. :noway: Last time I recall listening to a movie that was loud enough to be heard by our neighbours was last year and we did ask to our neighbours below us if that bothered them and they've said they didn't notice. So we just decided to let it go and put earplugs when they're too noisy, That guy seems a bit strange and I'd feel guilty if something happened because we complained too much :frown:
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I don't hate my neighbors, but they smoke cigarettes all the time. I'm glad they don't smoke inside (as far as I know) but every time I see them, they've got a cigarette in the mouth. It's disgusting!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    My neighbor is my EX mother-in-law. You can imagine our relationship.

That's rough.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    i have neighbors on both sides and one side are really nice, the other is a total idiot though. lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I don't *hate* anyone. I do however, have a neighbor that has 4 little yapping dogs I can't stand, squawking parrots she keeps on her porch all summer, wind chimes and a son with a VERY loud truck. When I hear the noises and can't concentrate, sleep, etc., I pray for her. It instantly calms me. :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    "Hate" is a strong word. I've had neighbors that I wished I didn't. Two years ago, I bought a house in nice neighborhood and I actually adore my neighbors (on one side). We are good friends with them now. The others I rarely see, but are friendly when I do. If I were you, I'd look into moving. Life is too short to be miserable.