Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• tonyalawson50
    Options
    I'm game! Although I was very fit and healthy in my 20's, I've neglected my health for years and am now overweight and out of shape. I'm working with a trainer and watching my intake. He wants me to eat 4-6 times/day, so I try to do that in small portions. I've lost 10 pounds! :)
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to join The Ladies Who Lunch group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

We are fabulous women over 40 who love to cook, eat, and entertain, while getting (staying) healthy. We share menu ideas, exercise options, eating out tips, and a host of clues to navigating our ever-changing bodies (yikes!) and health surprises.

And as of today, there are 1700 of us!
  • annetteellison1
    annetteellison1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Anyone who wants, please feel free to friend request me. The support is much needed!
  • 1diggs
    1diggs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    count me in I will be turning 50 in September
  • annetteellison1
    annetteellison1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I'm 48.
  • jackasia
    jackasia Posts: 2
    Options
    hi new to this site i'm a proud 44 old mom f 2 and a stroke survivor of nearly 3 years count me in please
  • 1Mrsmcdilbert
    1Mrsmcdilbert Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and would love to be included in this group. :)
  • HappyBayou
    HappyBayou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 42 years old, feeling the excitement over beginning a new weight lifting habit (that I haven't actually--heh--started yet.). Would love to get motivated into action with everyone.
  • mikester66
    mikester66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow I am turning 47 in April, would love to be part of this group. Feel free to add me:-)
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Count me in , almost 44 here , I started working out about 5-6 weeks ago and dropping fat and building muscle so far ... it feels great :D
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    47 and looking to keep active and fit for as long as I can! Keeping on track see ms to get harder and harder for me - hoping a group of like minded 40/50s will help. Just ran my first 5k and hope to run a couple more this year while improving my golf game.
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    44 and refocused. Feel free to add me!
  • CathyMW813
    CathyMW813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too. I'm 52. Early menopause (in my late 30's) and just now realizing some of the effects it has had. But I'm working now to reverse some of that!
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, post-menopause (also surgical), hypothyroid and fighting an uphill battle with fatigue.

In my case, I don't believe the hormones (or lack of them) are the problem. A lifetime of being sedentary is what got me to where I am today. But I'm working on it ... a little at a time.
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm 55 and just seriously started here on March 6 and learning the ropes of healthy eating after years of horrible eating habits (not eating enough or drinking enough water). Always have had time to take care of everyone else but have never taken time for me. NOW IS THE TIME! Is the group set up and how do we join it?
  • katcoleesp
    katcoleesp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How about 50ISH...lol I want to join!!!!!!! I have my arm band from bodymedia.com to count the calories burned and I love it, started a gym, went to DR for check up and all is great, post menopausal, count all calories and the scale is not moving. So a great group that has ideas and pointers, I am eager!!!
  • LibertyPressureWash
    Options
    At 45 I am finding it harder to get back in shape, eat healthy and exercise consistently, I am exercising 3-5 times a week. I am loosing weight, down to the last belt hole, my progress is slow but gradual. I am a type 2 diabetic and my blood sugar was out of control, now my blood sugar is consistently normal. I am hoping to get off my diabetic medication, or at least reduce them. I have seen a dietician who laid out a very specific meal plan. She isn't telling me what specific foods to eat but how many of each categories to eat. I bought a food scale, and use my fitness pal faithfully. Stay the course. I workout @ SoldierFit, its not your ordinary gym. Its an hour of exercises lead by certified trainers. This is like nothing else I have ever done, and I LOVE IT! Do this for you, family and friends. This is your life LIVE it to the fullest.
  • tammymae1
    Options
    42, and totally in. losing weight has helped me grasp life. I will never go back there again. Count me in!!
  • tammymae1
    Options
    42, and totally in. losing weight has helped me grasp life. I will never go back there again. Coutn me in!!
  • shan0881
    shan0881 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am SO in...I just want to feel younger, not older!( soon to be 43)