Should women powerlift/ Lift heavy weights?

Options

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?
    Great. Now my ISP connection disco'd form the 80's and is going through a wormhole to 1913.

To answer your question, no. And that ridiculous women's suffrage movement is also going to fall flat on its face, mark my words. Voting, lifting weights... pfft! It's like they think they are people or something!
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    295616_349417885163726_1136630262_n.jpg

^this is the only reason why a man wouldnt want a woman lifting heavy in the gym with them... they are scared they are going to get showed up!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Are you F-ing serious? Should we be allowed to lift? Oh there are so many things I would like to call you for that attack but I'll refrain.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    PLEASE go lift some weights. It could improve blood flow to your brain.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Ask this woman whether she should be lifting heavy weights.

tumblr_ly2xz3OE4r1r1n07ho1_500.jpg

I dare you.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ask this woman whether she should be lifting heavy weights.

tumblr_ly2xz3OE4r1r1n07ho1_500.jpg

I dare you.

Whatever you do, don't turn down the cookies when Granny offers them. Cuz she WILL break you.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options

I just wondered what people thought of women doing this? Weather they should be allowed to? or encouraged to stop after a certain weight?

Wow...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title.

seriously OP, why does stuff need to be done by consensus? woman or man up and blaze your own damn trail or don't

and can someone please tell me what's the point of threads like these anyway? what exactly are the original posters hoping to get from it?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    295616_349417885163726_1136630262_n.jpg

^this is the only reason why a man wouldnt want a woman lifting heavy in the gym with them... they are scared they are going to get showed up!

Just goes to show...his form is not that good... no shelf for the bar. He needs to bring his grip a bit narrower...pffft...men!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    I was at the gym this morning and there were a few women milling around the weight rooms and lifting pretty heavy weights.

I only say this as I think some women try and "prove" they can lift heavy and end up with injuries etc.

Whats your thoughts?

This is a joke, right?

ha ha - troll!

^^^^

indeed
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title.

seriously OP, why does stuff need to be done by consensus? woman or man up and blaze your own damn trail or don't

and can someone please tell me what's the point of threads like these anyway? what exactly are the original posters hoping to get from it?

If it's a troll thread she just wants a rise, which she's gotten.

If it's a real thread I'm guessing she wants someone to agree with her, which isn't very likely.

Most of the time when people post an opinion thread I think they just want validation for their own opinion.
  • AmandaW01
    AmandaW01 Posts: 138
    Options
    Good question! I've been powerlifting for 30 years, and it does have its drawbacks. Aside from the lean physique and loads of energy, I can haul bags of mulch without breaking a sweat. And carry your sorry *kitten* out of a burning building. I keep tripping over my burka, though, so that sucks.

I'm starting to think about quitting though, since my uterus fell out and I grew testicles. And a beard.

True story, bro.

I was warned about this - if I squat heavy my uterus will fall out, and that I'll get all bulky like the hulk, and probably go green and my husband will stop fancying me when I can pick him up too....

But I'm such a lucky girl because my husband doesn't allow me to lift heavy, he gave me a tin of beans to 'work out' with the other day, and if I'm a really good girl and get dinner on the table on time every day this week he'll let me have two bottles to fill with water!!! :flowerforyou: If I'm a really, really good girl (:wink: ) he'll buy me a nice pair of 2lb pink barbie weights as a reward so that I can put them on the side and look at them :love: Who would want those nasty grey or black lumps of metal and that horrible bar that would rub my pretty hands raw if I'm not careful anyway? I like my thighs all squidgy!
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    No, your uterus will fall out.

(notsrs)
  • stargazer008
    Options

Whats your thoughts?

You did not just say "allowed"!

You know what, we should totally raise children, cook food all day along, and clean the home too. It is what we are "allowed" to do because only men allowed to lift. If we lift anything heavy, we'll turn into a bulky man!
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options

Whats your thoughts?

This is a joke, right?

I'm with her ^^^! You are kidding with this question?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I heard there was cake here.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of this OP. But to be totally honest.

My fiance is not a fan of when I lift. He's one of those who thinks I'm going to get "ripped". I show him photos of some of my amazing friends and what they have achieved, and it's not for him

THAT SAID he knows I like to lift, he knows I want to lift. He knows it makes me happy and he's not going to try to "stop me" or "tell me I'm not allowed" that's freaking ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.