Fears are like underwear...

Options

Replies

• olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I ask myself if something is within my control or not. If it's not, then I train myself not to worry about it. If it's within my control, then I am comforted by that fact and set about a course of action.

People fear pain and death. But since they are both a normal part of life and out of my control, I train myself not to fear them. In other words...Don't fear pain and death (or anything else) but fear the fear of pain and death.

A wise man once said..."All we have to fear is fear itself.":smile:
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    A wise man once said..."All we have to fear is fear itself.":smile:

Yes, but, dude! Sharks!!!
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    For those who say "I don't wear/have underwear"...

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The dentist. I avoided it for seven years until waking up with a swollen face sent me for an emergency appointment.

Now I take mild sedatives before I go for anything bigger than a cleaning. Had I known it was an option earlier, I could have saved myself a fair pile o' cash.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of getting shot especially in the eyes. Or getting impaled in the eyes by something sharp.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Parasites, needles. Basically anything that goes beneath the skin.

Thank you scarabs in The Mummy......
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Deep ocean water. Hell no!
  • itsavilesecurity
    Options
    Sharks and Rashes..
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Math. I have trouble with even basic addition and subtraction. Anything beyond that and I literally have to talk myself through a panic attack.

Horses. They are so big! I'm a little afraid of anything that could crush my skull with an accidental kick.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Success, failure, clowns and rapists. Oh, and centipedes. Creepy little ****ers are WAY too fast.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    My biggest fear is a large dark room... is that odd?

I was always told not to fear the dark, but be cautious of what is IN the dark. To that extent, large large rooms that are pitch black always have a place in my discomfort zone. My bedroom in the dark is fine, my house in the dark is okay, but put me in a warehouse and shut off the lights and I get tense. Rides like Disneyland's "Space Mountain" had me freak out as a child because the room was so huge and so dark. Even the Universal Studios ride "The Mummy" makes me nervous sense the room is so huge.

But I'm only afraid of big dark rooms when I wear my boxer-briefs..
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I have an unnatural fear of underwear similes.
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    tornadoes and escalators :cry:
  • TheLuSir
    Options
    Parasites, needles. Basically anything that goes beneath the skin.

Thank you scarabs in The Mummy......

I know right!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    wrong thread
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Death. Not mine -- people I love. I guess I've lost way too many already. I don't worry about it all the time, but every now and then, there it is.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options

Um, you know the people who hear there's a tornado coming and go outside to see if they can spot it???

:blushing:

That would be me.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Ferris wheels. I love roller coasters & all kinds of scary rides, but NOT ferris wheels.

This! Hate sitting at the top.

Oh, and that giant spider picture was on SNOPES - photoshopped. Thank goodness!!!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Heights. Not falling, but heights. Good thing I'm short!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Um, you know the people who hear there's a tornado coming and go outside to see if they can spot it???

:blushing:

That would be me.

Me too! And this is why we're friends. Also, I used to be afraid of escalators but somehow got over it. Although, getting off the escalator still makes me a little nervous.