Looking for other 40-50 age group w/ motivation to be fit.

Options

Replies

• bolesbe
    bolesbe Posts: 212
    Options
    43 and loving life. Anyone who wants can friend me We all be encouragement from time to time.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, back to weight I was in my 20's and hoping to set a new personal best in cycling this year (100 mile day).

Doesn't get easier as you get older but certainly feels more rewarding to break the "pipe & slippers" sterotype!!
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Can I play too? I went through menopause in my early 30's surgically. So I have been battling this a long time. I think I have found the right calories/workout combo for me to have successful weight loss. It took awhile to find that. I have always had a slow sluggish metabolism, probably because I have the endomorph body type and aging hasn't helped any. I want to lose weight, but my main goal is to be healthy and fit and live a long life.
  • Scullerdude
    Scullerdude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I hope that this is not inappropriate, but anyone struggling to lose might want to have a look at the 5:2 Intermittent fasting. It's quite easy & not a big life change. It's certainly works for me (no I am not on commission) and there is also a group on here for support.
    :smile:
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Count me in...54 here!:laugh:
  • doriharrell
    Options
    I'm in baby, I'm in. 48 and striving to stay as young as is physically and mentally possible. I believe the older I get, the better shape I should be in (keeping in shape seems to come with more injries these days. Learning how to do it a little more injury free, and how to deal with the the aches and pains that come with aging - and fitness!).

Don't know how you're planning to make the group work, but would love to part of it!
  • walkerr1968
    Options
    Hello all. I would love to add as many 40+ pals as possible and vice versa. I am 44 years old (will be 45 in May). I've been on here for while but serious bout it for about a year. I've slowly lost 25 pounds and would like to lose about 12 to 15 more. I am also in full blown menopause. I am on here everyday and I always comment on others successes. Feel free to add me.
  • NancyJeanSmith
    Options
    I'm getting ready to go out of the 40 - 50 age group, as I'll be 60 next month. However, I would still like to join your group. Please count me in.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    I will be 50 in july. count me in
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm 59, and if not considered too old, happy to join in. Certainly losing now isn't like it was in my 20s, but I started at the beginning of the year HOPING to lose 1 pound a week and instead have lost 2 pounds a week. Have met other women here mmy age and older who have done amazing weight loss. We CAN do it. No excuses!
  • onebigkahuna2u
    onebigkahuna2u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! Turning 52 in Sept. I don't want to be a certain weight, I just want TONE.
  • TessWhisper
    Options
    Count me in, 46 yrs old and struggling
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in. 53 and trying to lose another 30 lbs or more. Exercising regularly and trying to control my eating at least 6 out of 7 days per week. To lose weight, it seems that I have to do a lot better for a lot longer than I used to when I was younger:( But we can do this! Not giving up. Accountability is a great thing!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and hit my goal...but keeping it off isn't as easy as you might think. I can always use more friends to motivate...and help me stay motivated as well.
  • ebasketball1
    ebasketball1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I am 45 and lost 30 so far. Getting harder now but hopefully on my way to my college basketball weight with 25 more! On a quest to dunk again and getting close. I started playing basketball in a league and that has really helped. Would love to give and receive support from all.
  • JoeFiesta
    JoeFiesta Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 43 and new to the boards, this looks like a good place to start.
  • Swooshenlight
    Options
    Sounds great to me!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! I'm soon to be 56....awesome! Love it. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Youngins I am going on 61 feel early 40's.....weighed 174 when I was 56, I am fighting the battle and for the most part winning,you can friend me if you would like. I run and do weights ,work out to DVDs .Eat good.Changed my lifestyle and lost 20 yrs.
  • sue4981
    sue4981 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in too... I'm 45 and struggling with weight gain. I've never been this heavy and I miss the energy level I had 50 pounds ago. Would love a 40-50 age support group.