How to you eat cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• JVandesteeg
    JVandesteeg Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Love it with a little dry ranch powder mix in it and use it as a dip!
  • bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of great ideas on this thread - but are you guys using WET or DRY cottage cheese?

I find wet cottage cheese (the kind in whey) to be quite salty-tasting so I'm curious as to how it would taste with some of the "sweeter" suggestions.

Is there anyone using dry cottage cheese (not in whey) in their suggestions? I tried dry cottage cheese (once with chopped cucumber and once with frozen blueberries) and I just can't stomach it; it was disgusting!!

At my "usual" grocery store I can't find light or fat-free versions of the wet cottage cheese. The only fat-free cottage cheese I can find is the dry kind... which is why I ask what kind you're using.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't, except if it's in lasagne filling or something like that. I can't get past the texture.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    This is from my German grandfather -

cottage cheese
    diced onion
    salt & pepper to taste
    and SAURKRAUT

yummy
  • mssunshine_7
    mssunshine_7 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    with pineapple...delish!!!!!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I either put pepper on it or parmesean cheese. I like to eat it with triscuits or melba toast.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I mash half a banana and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a dash of cinnamon! So good!
  • pattihosford
    Options
    I purchased the canned pears with no sugar and eat with the cottage cheese. Love it!
  • TereshaT
    TereshaT Posts: 1
    Options
    My favorite way is to dice up half of an avodaco, 1/3 of a peeled cucumber (adds a nice crunch), and then to cut grape tomatoes in half or quarters, then add salt & pepper. Not only does it look fantastic, it tastes great!
  • MtnGirl525
    Options
    hollow out the seeds of a small papaya and use your papaya bowl to hold your cottage cheese. Great flavor combo.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    DEE,

That is how i like mine....just like your brother LOADED with pepper and after it is room temp, if it is cold, nope...can't eat it.
    That is why i love reading the forums, in my RL, i haven't talked to one other person that likes CC loaded with black pepper ( even good with red pepper)

From, Linia
    ????????????????????????????????

My brother eats his loaded with pepper. I find that's pretty much the only way I can get past the taste and texture, too, but I can't put as much pepper on it as he does or I wouldn't be able to breath.

If you can't find a way to eat it so you actually like it, don't eat it as it isn't worth it and look for another option.

I may have to try the applesauce though.
  • alexsao
    alexsao Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Grapes and cottage cheese, FTW!! So delicious. I also add bettern' peanut butter sometimes
  • TheLoriA
    TheLoriA Posts: 3
    Options
    I sometimes put salt and pepper on it for lunch or supper and for breakfast I chop up an apple and banana and mix with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Then I sprinkle a little cinnamon on top and about 3 almonds chopped up.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I mix cottage cheese and Granola for breakfast every morning. I can't drink milk, so cottage cheese is my subsitute. I just use the fat free cottage cheese and it does't bother my stomach, like milk.
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    a cup of cottage cheese mixed with some flavoured whey. epic dessert. otherwise add some frozen strawberries/blueberries and let the fruit thaw a little..mix that and you got another epic dessert(sorbet texture)
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Lightchoices cottage cheese with chive and onion is the best!
    I eat mine with smoked salmon or palma ham with lemon, really good!
    Or i put it in a toastes pitta bread with tuna or prawns also very good for lunch and low cal (weight watchers pitta bread)
  • HeyHeyLynn
    HeyHeyLynn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1/2 C cottage cheese
    1/2 tomato, diced
    1/3 of whole green pepper, diced
    1/3 of whole cucumber, seeded and diced
    seasoned pepper
    seasoned salt
    basil

So tasty, especially when tomatoes are at their best!
  • owski17
    owski17 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    dash of seasoning salt....yummmm
  • Yahweh1
    Yahweh1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Smoothies
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I just had cottage cheese with a bean and cheese burrito and salsa:)