Ladies, should a man be the only one to pursue?

Options

Replies

• breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    I'm not interested in the type of guy that doesn't pursue- and he wouldn't be interested in me either. It's not a matter of "playing games," it's simple. If he likes me enough, he will pursue me, if not.. I'd rather dance alone in the corner.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yes men should pursue. I've never had a sucessful relationship when I was the one pursuing.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Alpha when I don't really care about the girl yet... just trying to get her attention.. Beta when I know she likes me back -_-
  • Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When I was single - definitely!!! Some guys are really shy and clueless and wouldn't know unless you let them know. Now remember this is just for the initial act of letting them know how you feel. If you do and they're still not really paying any attention to you then definitely bail ship and don't waste your time!!!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Heck no!! Some guys appreciate the ballsyness when their lady takes charge....it should apply to pursuing someone too!!

Though.....women can be slightly more obsessive about this......
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in waiting around for a man to do things for me. If I want or need something, I make it happen.

^This.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't agree with this, it's not 1825 anymore. I'd rather pursue than possibly miss out on something good because I was too afraid to do so.
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    im too bold to wait for a guy to make a move. If i make the move, even if I get rejected or turned down, I'll at least have the peace of mind of knowing if he's interested or not.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a woman approaching. I've had a few women approach me over the years at bars, unfortunately I've never really been interested. I've always had to seek out and go after what I want.

I'm traditional in a lot of ways. Two people make eye contract, she flirts, he approaches, he buys her a drink, and conversation follows.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'd never get laid!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Don't agree! If I see something I like, I'll go after it. Or at least let him know I'm interested.

I do however love when a man pursues me :love:!

This. I am also very vocal. If I like you I'll say it. If I want you I'll say it. If I miss you I'll say it. If I don't want you I'll also say it. With my boyfriend I let him know how I felt BUT I did let him make the first move when it came to our first kiss (even if I was thinking "Hurry up and kiss me already!")!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Wait, are we talking about "making the first move", or are we talking about pursuit? The latter would mean to me that I'm the one doing all the calling, suggesting getting together, chasing him around the room, etc...in general being the relentless Pepe Le Pew to his ambivalent cat. And that's not gonna happen.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly old-school. I want the guy to do the pursuing, or the "wooing" as it were. I don't think it's playing games either. We women have a way of letting you men know when we're receptive to your advances so it's not like you guys are doing all the work. :wink:

Whatever floats your boat though. :smile:
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly old-school. I want the guy to do the pursuing, or the "wooing" as it were. I don't think it's playing games either. We women have a way of letting you men know when we're receptive to your advances so it's not like you guys are doing all the work. :wink:

You mean women generally have a way of letting the super handsome guys know their interested. The rest of us slobs you leave in the dark to guess.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    My husband was too dense to take hints... I had to yank him in the back of the truck to get my point across. :bigsmile:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    From another thread - "No; a lady should never make the first move. Always let a man pursue you."

Thoughts, opinions?

My wife asked me out first.

So, no.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

You mean women generally have a way of letting the super handsome guys know their interested. The rest of us slobs you leave in the dark to guess.

Don't you get tired of the constant negativity? I mean, good lord. Give it a rest already.
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    I like to pursue and be pursued....
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options

Man up!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in the type of guy that doesn't pursue- and he wouldn't be interested in me either. It's not a matter of "playing games," it's simple. If he likes me enough, he will pursue me, if not.. I'd rather dance alone in the corner.

This^.