Replies

• AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Ketchup.....yep....
  • emzabee420
    emzabee420 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    sweet: with fresh fruit (pineapple/strawberry)
    savory: pepper and garlic powder with wheat things
    oh yeah, def blended with lots of ice, protein powder and some fruit for an awesome post workout treat
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I slice cherry tomatoes into it, and sprinkle with parsley and cracked black pepper-yum!
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I like to eat it with pineapple or a little Mrs. Dash. Sometimes just a little salt and pepper.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lately with fresh blueberries. Yum.
  • loneleigh
    Options
    I like it with hot sauce or salsa. And eat it with organic multi-grain chips from Late July. YUMM!!
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A scoop of protein powder.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    today i mixed 1/4 in with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and scrambled them! with other veg and ham as well of course!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    with a spoon
  • ParisKennedy
    ParisKennedy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I put it in my scrambled eggs as a cheese replacement. Works perfectly . ..super yummy that way.
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Oncebittentwiceshy38 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    On fresh baby spinach with salt and pepper-maybe a dash of red pepper. I also like a small amount of salad dressing-it makes a great salad without having to add a lot of dressing.
  • AnnDbay
    AnnDbay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put it on salad with a little salsa.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I honestly always thought cottage cheese was for like chips, sandwhiches and tacos. I never knew it could be used on fruits and veggies. I even see some people use it in parfait!
  • AmyHammons1
    AmyHammons1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    With greenbeans, salt, and peper.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I mixed some protein shake mix into mine just now. Usually just eat it plain tho.

I used to always eat it with a spoonful of grape jelly. Delicious.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Try different brands. Each does taste different. I happen to love cottage cheese but I have a favorite and will make a trip to purchase it even if I need nothing else from that store.
    This - some have big curdles some small, some are more milky some more dry, some are bitter/tangy, others not. I like most, but not the tangy ones. If I had that only, I would think cottage cheese is just disgusting :tongue:
  • brendajarreau
    brendajarreau Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, dannon light greek yogurt and 1/2 cup orange sunny d. Blended together with a few cubes of ice. yum
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    I take 1 cup cottage cheese and 1/3 cup salsa(Green Mountain). Mix that up and that is the perfect snack for me. I also put salsa on a baked potato.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ok so what brands do you like? I prefer non tangy cottage cheese any reccomendations?

My fave ways to eat CC halved grapes, walnuts, and a pinch of sugar.
    -add herbs, garlic whatever seasoning im in the mood for and add it to my salad.
    -recently was using what was in my fridge and sautéed some grape tomatoes with onions and garlic put it on top of some spaghetti squash and added a half cup of CC. it was really good and filling.
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    ok so what brands do you like? I prefer non tangy cottage cheese any reccomendations?

My fave ways to eat CC halved grapes, walnuts, and a pinch of sugar.
    -add herbs, garlic whatever seasoning im in the mood for and add it to my salad.
    -recently was using what was in my fridge and sautéed some grape tomatoes with onions and garlic put it on top of some spaghetti squash and added a half cup of CC. it was really good and filling.

What brands do you have available? I've lived in a few places and it is always a bit of a trial and error to find the best in each country/region. Right now, out of what I can get at the store, Knudsen is my favorite.