Over 200 New Year New Me Part 24

Options

Replies

• bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    I want to meet you gals, too! But Bmore is too far for me money-wise right now. :cry: I hope someday we can all meet! And then I'll write a script and sell it to MGM and they'll make a movie about it and then I'll share the profits with all the sisters of the traveling weight loss pants and then...

Speaking of, I have a very good friend, Alice Henderson, who is a writer. She used to write for the Buffy the Vampire dealie. Well, last year she published her first novel, VORACIOUS. So if any of you like that kind of vampire-esque reading, please buy her book!!!

Deb - so relieved to hear that this psych is going about things in a good, sound way. I like him and I have not even met him! Two thumbs up! You are the best mom on the planet, by the way. :heart: I wish I had you at my school. I long for the day when a mom cares enough about her child to get to the bottom of issues. Not happening on my front. :frown:

I'm embracing the 402 today. I went through all seven stages of grief since this morning. :heart: Stage one - denial. I could not believe it did not read 399 on that scale. I worked so damn hard! :heart: Stage two - guilt. Did I do enough? What about sodium? If I had only not eaten out that one night, dammit. :heart: Stage three - anger & bargaining. Maybe if I don't eat today I will weigh 399 tomorrow. :heart: Stage four - depression. This one really hurt. The true magnitude of not weighing 399 today - full of despair. :heart: Stage five - upward turn. I went to the pool and worked out for forty five minutes in the water. :heart: Stage six - reconstruction. I know what I have to do to get there and I am going to do it NOW! :heart: Stage seven - acceptance and hope. I did it, I accept it, and *kitten* it I am going to get to 399 by this weekend!!! :tongue:
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get on board too! I've decided that I am finally sick of all of the years of yo-yo dieting. Now is definitely the time! My goal is to be down to 150 in a year's time. So please can I jump on too? What a great idea!
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    stounge... welcome.. you will find this group is a very supportive group of gals!

Blue... you always have a way of making me smile! Love the "5 stages" and "traveling weight loss pants"

Cris.. sorry to hear your son got sick. I hope he gets better soon! Good job on not cheating this week!

Checking in

Calories.. did great today
    water.. almost there
    exercise yep.. did wk8d1 of c25k today (and it kicked my butt)
    Proud... I am back at it after a weeks vacation!... 1 more lb to go to get back to last Fridays weight.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    blue - you always make me smile...you will get down to the 300's soon i promise !!!! Thank you for the kind words, both me and hubby are optimistic about this guy and he really wants to find the cause and not shove drugs down her that she doesn't need

stounge - welcome!! THis is the most awesome place, and these ladies are the best i have ever seen !!

Colorodo - you are rocking you are rocking right to your bday goal !!!

Cris - sorry your baby is sick...I know that is the worse

I am very excited on two notes tonight...1) before the water aerobic class tonight i got on the scale...268..yes 268...then i went to the gym got on the gym scale and it said 268 too...i am not counting my 50 lbs quite yet, until it is that or lower on friday morning i DON'T COUNT IT ...

and 2) i had bought a 2 piece (tankini) back when we first joine the gym, the one i had didn't fit and i have a 1 piece that would not fit i could pull it up but wouldn't cover the girls due to my huge stomach...so i was like what the hecck tonighyt, and i tried it on...it ift perfect..i was able to wear it to class...It is soo much easiwer with the one piece with all the moving around the 2 piece falling down

also, in the class i wore my hrm (1st time for the class), was disappointed i only burned 161 and hubby burned like 450 , and our instructer burned like 400 something ..uggg....

Oh well ...appearently what i am doing is working :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I DIDNT EVEN FINISH READING LOL...I JSUT SAW THAT POS_ME IS COMING TO BMORE AND I GOT EXCITED!

UHM HELLOOOOO! I LIVE IN BALTIMORE!

Let me know where (area wise) he is working and what price range you are looking to stay in and how many rooms etc and i will find you a place...i know bmore very very well!!!

Can we meet up???!!

Cris -- I was totally thinking this too... because on August 2nd I'll totally be within an hour or 2 from Baltimore myself! My best friend lives in Spotsylvania, VA but her sister and her boyfriend both live in Maryland (Though I don't remember where exactly. Bethesda comes to mind for her sister). I'm driving up on Saturday to hang out. We're going to Charlottesville to see Gogol Bordello on Sunday and I'm off work on Monday to drive home (though it is a 6-7 hour drive home from Spotsylvania so it would be an 8-9 hour drive from Baltimore).
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    OMG. So, sitting on my front porch is always an adventure. I heard a lot of noise coming from a house up the street and then a woman came out of it swearing up a storm and falling out all over the road in hysterics. I was ready to run inside to call the cops because she kept saying she was "scared to death" between all the M-effer bombs she was dropping. Then she ran over to ask the guys sitting outside at my neighbor's house to "PLEASE" do something for her (I couldn't make out what she said at first). Then I realized what she needed them to do is come kill a cockroach. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now there's a man over there helping her and I keep hearing smacks and slams. Too funny. I thought her house was being robbed or something.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Speaking of, I have a very good friend, Alice Henderson, who is a writer. She used to write for the Buffy the Vampire dealie. Well, last year she published her first novel, VORACIOUS. So if any of you like that kind of vampire-esque reading, please buy her book!!!

Oh Nancy. As embarrassingly nerdy as it may be, I so love the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. It's how dh and I first bonded, too. :laugh: I'd go to his apartment and we'd watch episode after episode of it into the wee hours of the morning. :tongue:
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Julie - THat is too freaking funny about the lady, i am reading and thinking someone is shot or something...
  • bluenote
    Options
    Julie - I was cracking up over the cockroach story! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I swear I would have been that lady! I am scared to death of them! Eeek! If you can't afford to get my friend Alice's book, see if it is at the library, or I could even mail you my copy! I am so proud of her. We are both from STL but met ironically in Oregon. We were two of the four people accepted into the folklore MA/PhD program. Came to find out not only were we both from STL, but we lived ACROSS THE STREET from one another! LOL NO LIE! We always say the universe wanted us to be friends but we were too stubborn to meet in the street so we had to travel thousands of miles to finally become friends. :tongue: She has written a few of the Buffy books as well. I was never a fan of Buffy, but of course now I am because of Alice. I always loved Anne Rice myself when it comes to vampires! :tongue:

Deb - question for you: do you go completely under water with your hrm? The watch AND the little wrap around the chest thingie? I am asking because I bought the PolarF6 back when it was on sale at Sears, and it does say it is waterproof, but I wondered if the transmitter (ah that's the word) and the watch could both go under completely...?

Stounge - welcome to the best thread this side of...of...anyhoo welcome!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    Options
    HEY GIRLS : I tried to send Momma a PM and it says her account has been deactivated! :brokenheart: I need me some Momma! :sad: I miss her terribly! COGirl, PLEASE tell her we miss her so much!!!

check in:
    :love: GREAT DAY:love:
    cals: good - perfect with sodium! Yay me!
    water: 100
    exercise: 45 minutes water aerobics (very mild though); 17 mins of elliptical!
    proud: I made it to 17 mins with one break on the elliptical! Woohoo!
  • SusanSuccess
    Options
    CHECK IN:

Water: Terrific, as always. That's easy for me.
    Eating: Waaaay too much. I decided to treat myself. Seeing it in the numbers of my food diary really opened my eyes. I probably won't be "treating" myself so much anymore.
    Exercise: Not good. But that's OK. I've already exceeded my weekly goals by quite a bit and today was a deliberately restful day. Tomorrow I plan to get back on track and ramp it up.

Before finding MFP I would've been totally dejected at my over-eating & I would've gone on a 2 or 3 week binge eating spree. But not now. This gives me the strength to KNOW tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to do EXCELLENT work tomorrow.

G'night, my new journey-mates.
    Thanks for being here for me.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Deb - question for you: do you go completely under water with your hrm? The watch AND the little wrap around the chest thingie? I am asking because I bought the PolarF6 back when it was on sale at Sears, and it does say it is waterproof, but I wondered if the transmitter (ah that's the word) and the watch could both go under completely...?

Yes completely under water...yesterday was the 1st time, was talking to our instructor and she says she does her all the time. it worked fine, a few times lost my hr, but i really think i need to tighten my strap....again ...!!!!!

Girls i am still very excited !!! the # on the scale last night wasn't a fluke !!!! This morning my 1st weight was 267.2...of course then it moved to 267.9 ...up to 268.6, then 268.0...but know know i am gladly to take any of those freaking numbers...

In the morning all i want is 268.0 (or below of course) that is my 50 lbs...1 week to my goal early !!!!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    :explode: I had a giant post about what a horrible day yesterday was and how much I hope today is better... and then it disappeared.

Not a good omen for today.

For anyone that does talk to Momma, please let her know that I am praying for her and her family.

Cris - I have family that lives in Jessup! :)
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

Check in for yesterday
    Calories - Under!!!
    Water - Lots and Lots
    Exercise - 15 of moving boxes at work ( I had every intention to do more)
    Proud - That I only had one, yes ONE cheddar biscuit from Red Lobster!!!
    Sodium - WAY OVER!!! Red Lobster and then Frozen food for dinner.

So last night I got home and got all ready to start my Wii Boxing and then my mom called. I was all dressed and ready to push start when she called. Well my mom likes to talk so it was like 45 mins later before I got off the phone with her and then I get another phone call and I am on the phone for another 30 mins. Geez!! Don't these people know I need to get my workout on! :laugh: So after all that it was getting really late and I hadn't eaten yet so I went and got some dinner. I was shocked as all get out that I was under on my calories for the day. That usually doesn't happen unless I really workout that day.

Cris - Sorry your baby is sick. :cry:

Deb - Glad the pysch visit went well yesterday! I sure hope he can help Serena.

Teresa - Sorry about your bad day! Hopefully today is much better!!

Nancy - I love vampire books!! But my problem is I hate reading but I love to listen to books on CD. So I will have to wait until then.

Susan - I am glad that you are back on track so quickly! You are learning faster than I did that you don't have to sit and get down on one day of eating bad! Glad you are a part of our group!!

I know there is a new person but I can't remember your name, sorry!!! But Welcome to our group! Hopefully you will love it as much as we do.

If I missed anyone I am sorry for some reason my memory did not stick this morning. I will be in full stalker mode again today because I don't have much to do here at work!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    POS-I have Just Dance for the Wii and I love it .Such a fun game and a great workout if you get into the dancing which I do LOL

Ok girls I leave for the beach in a week and I am so excited.I didn't bother weighing myself this morning because I ate breakfast at like 4:30am so I decided to pass.I am so bloated though from breakfast so I am trying to wash it all out with some water.Anyways I know my weight won't be back down to 214 before the beach like it was a few weeks ago but it is back down to 220 as of yesterdays weigh in for me so if I could lose a pound or 2 more before the beach that would be great.I am so excited for VACATION!!! I intend on eating well while I am gone.Most of our meals will be cooked at the campfire at the cabins we are staying in and occassionally we will go out but I already have an idea of what we are going to eat all week and it keeps me completely within calories plus all the walking we will be doing with the girls and shopping and walking the beach I won't have to worry about gaining weight while I am gone.I know I may put on some or I may lose some but either way I am not going to worry about it I am just going to enjoy the time with my familia and be HAPPY.Even if I do gain I know it will just be from sodium and it will come back off.
  • raiderape
    Options
    POS-I have Just Dance for the Wii and I love it .Such a fun game and a great workout if you get into the dancing which I do LOL

Ok girls I leave for the beach in a week and I am so excited.I didn't bother weighing myself this morning because I ate breakfast at like 4:30am so I decided to pass.I am so bloated though from breakfast so I am trying to wash it all out with some water.Anyways I know my weight won't be back down to 214 before the beach like it was a few weeks ago but it is back down to 220 as of yesterdays weigh in for me so if I could lose a pound or 2 more before the beach that would be great.I am so excited for VACATION!!! I intend on eating well while I am gone.Most of our meals will be cooked at the campfire at the cabins we are staying in and occassionally we will go out but I already have an idea of what we are going to eat all week and it keeps me completely within calories plus all the walking we will be doing with the girls and shopping and walking the beach I won't have to worry about gaining weight while I am gone.I know I may put on some or I may lose some but either way I am not going to worry about it I am just going to enjoy the time with my familia and be HAPPY.Even if I do gain I know it will just be from sodium and it will come back off.

That sounds like a great idea!! You are totally in control!! WTG! I find it funny that everyone is headed towards the beach next week and I am heading more inland! :laugh: :laugh:
  • raiderape
    Options
    If you have the free version of Words with Friends and want to upgrade to the version without the ads it is only .99 cents today!!

P.S. If you ever want to play my username is Raider Ape.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    Raider - I would love to play...but i don't have an IPHONE :sad:

Awestfall - have fun at the beach, we saw a storm was heading towards where we are going next week...i hope it dies out and doesn't get there.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    lildebbie-Hope you get some answers on Serena! I'm praying for you and your family girl! Congrats on the swimsuit fitting!! I haven't forgot about the clothes, just been super busy!!

Blue-I will have to check out tha book! I'm a dork and like that kinda stuff!

cris-How is your lil man feeling today?

LittleSpy-OMG I had to die laughing ready your story about the bug! I hate bugs but I don't know if I would go into hysterics like she did!

I'm so jealous of everyone going to the beach next week. I'm headed up North! Went out and had some yummy yummy Mexican food last night. To my suprise I am down a pound from yesterday. 5 pounds to go. :indifferent: I have my gym clothes packed and I WILL be at spin class tonight. It's probably going to kill me!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    good morning gals,

What a beautiful day today ( from inside the house), but it will be very very humid..ugh!

Blue: I am a book lover too but not vampire stuff or horror..will be up for day..yea I'm a chicken too

Awestfall: sound like a great plan, I hope you have a very nice time wiht your family and outdoors

Cris: hope your lil man is doing well today..sucks when kids are sick:frown: hang in girl:flowerforyou:

Litspy: your story was so funny..That would be me wiht spiders...I freak out like a crazy woman..LOL

Litdeb: Crossing my fingers and hoping you find the answers you're looking for for serena:flowerforyou:

Jess: I don't know if I mentioned this but you look hot in the mini:tongue: Have fun at the gym :) and if it makes you feel any better ..I'm not going to the beach...at least I don't think so.:ohwell: .
  • raiderape
    Options
    Jess - How was your date last night???