What have you learned in MFP's forums?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If people dont like you and want to make trouble for you they report your posts, and you get handed strikes for things 1000 other people are saying.

And if your profile isn't private, they'll go through all your old posts (some months old) and report those for frivolous reasons in hopes of getting you a strike.
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I learned that adults are being bullied EVERY DAY!
    This and some useful facts along with some ridiculous facts. The important part is that I'm learning every day.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If people dont like you and want to make trouble for you they report your posts, and you get handed strikes for things 1000 other people are saying.

And if your profile isn't private, they'll go through all your old posts (some months old) and report those for frivolous reasons in hopes of getting you a strike.

But how will I know how much they offended me if I don't know everything offensive they've said? HAVE TO FIND MOAR REASONS TO BE PETTY!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I learned that adults are being bullied EVERY DAY!
    This and some useful facts along with some ridiculous facts. The important part is that I'm learning every day.

I've learned that many people equate bullying with disagreeing or/and providing some common sense to the topic at hand.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I've learned that blacking out an area of a picture far larger than would be covered by a swimsuit is not allowed.

However, an avatar featuring boobs literally hanging out of a corset, with a black bar over the nipples, is peachy.

I agree with this ruling.

Also, swishing vegetable oil in your mouth cures everything. And people get fat because of evil "food corporations" lobbying efforts.

There was something about coffee enemas too, but my toxins are preventing me from remembering what it was exactly.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I learned that too many people are way too sensitive to be online/MFP.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    that quoting something and saying "this.^" 15 times is a valid/useful contribution to a debate/conversation
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    that quoting something and saying "this.^" 15 times is a valid/useful contribution to a debate/conversation

^this
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That I can say anything I want without being mean so long as I remind everyone that not everything is unicorns and glitter.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options

^this

^this too ;)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that your microwave is trying to kill you.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I've learned that those skinny girls who wear make-up and a pony tail and walk on the treadmill at the gym are called "gym bunnies", and we aren't supposed to like them or be like them.

I've learned that Lulumon (sp?) secretly hates fat people because they don't carry fat people sizes and that it's all a ploy to make fat people want to lose weight (even though a certain brand has never arose that feeling in me personally).

I've learned that Dr. Oz is the leading expert in nutrition and fitness, and Dr. Phil is the leading expert in psychology and relationships.

I did seriously learn that planet fitness has a "lunk alarm". This made me laugh.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    That I can say anything I want without being mean so long as I remind everyone that not everything is unicorns and glitter.

I've learned I can support people who eat 600 calories a day as long as I DO remind them that I'm a glittery unicorn!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that your microwave is trying to kill you.

Sounds like I've missed at least one excellent thread.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I've learned I can support people who eat 600 calories a day as long as I DO remind them that I'm a glittery unicorn!

You can also support them by holding them up when they pass out!
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've learned that if you ask for some background to understand why someone is asserting something as true, you will get either whackjob diet sites, Dr Oz, or simply told that you don't need a cite for 2+2=4, why do you need a cite for this?

This is true even when you have not disagreed with the person.

Weird.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^this

^this too ;)

^this
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This:

Dumbbell_zps528cd85b.jpg

is heavier than this:

Reamofpaper_zps5322b9b7.jpg
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have also learned that some people think we all have to answer to them. They demand to know exactly where you have ever gotten any information. The act of doing their own research is appalling. Of course, it never matters where you got your info, they will always have a problem with it because they don't agree.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've learned that my microwave is actually a DEATH BOX!!
    I also learned that there are toxins building up in my body which are so unspeakable that I dare not speak of them. They must remain nameless.