DEAL BREAKERS for dating

Options

Replies

• mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    There are many things I look for but one thing that is important to me..somewhat of a deal break if she:

-only sticks to the cardio machines at the gym!

Haha it's the same for me for guys. And to be completely honest, if I see a guy (uninjured) get on an elliptical, I'm instantly turned off, I can't help it.

In the last two years both knees got hurt and I had three hernias repaired plus I had every bone broken in my foot many years ago that has left me unable to run but I do what I can to do cardio...... So since I am in this situation, but you can't tell that I am hurt, don't you think that is a bit narrow-minded?
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    There are many things I look for but one thing that is important to me..somewhat of a deal break if she:

Haha it's the same for me for guys. And to be completely honest, if I see a guy (uninjured) get on an elliptical, I'm instantly turned off, I can't help it.

In the last two years both knees got hurt and I had three hernias repaired plus I had every bone broken in my foot many years ago that has left me unable to run but I do what I can to do cardio...... So since I am in this situation, but you can't tell that I am hurt, don't you think that is a bit narrow-minded?

Sweetheart, don't get butt-hurt. It's an instinctual reaction. When many guys see an overweight woman, they instantly don't consider her as attractive, but what if they knew she had a thyroid condition or was on steroids for immuno-suppression, wouldn't that be a little narrow-minded? The world is judgemental.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    my deal breaker is ..my husband told me I'm not allowed to date anymore.
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You folks who are saying "No job" are being pretty harsh. The person might have no job through no fault of their own - laid off, company went under, etc.

On the other hand, "no desire to get a job" is definitely a valid deal breaker.

I agree, I was laid off and jobs are so hard to come by but i guess for most on here they would say go to school, cause seems most say someone w/o education. I didn't go to college, can't afford it, if i could I'ld go get my CDL's College cost money and not all of us have rich parents.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

Sweetheart, don't get butt-hurt. It's an instinctual reaction. When many guys see an overweight woman, they instantly don't consider her as attractive, but what if they knew she had a thyroid condition or was on steroids for immuno-suppression, wouldn't that be a little narrow-minded? The world is judgemental.

I'm not "butt-hurt" at all I just find your "instinctual reaction" narrow-minded.
  • countrybarbie24
    countrybarbie24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW, Oh I forgot one darn i guess I do have a pretty long list but yet still simple,
    One I forgot no tats, I hate tats, unless there tiny and only one or two of them.

I can over look some things sometimes, and depends on the person, if your sweet,caring,pretty, and good at things I overlook lots

Well since your engaged and not looking I guess it dont really matter what you dont and do like in a girl lol
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

LOL. The thought alone makes me laugh!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Third nipple
    No armpit hair.

Okay, jk.

Deal breakers:
    Alcoholics
    Baby daddy
    Hot tempered
    Jealousy
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Huh..who woulda thunk it.
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm engaged, so this doesn't really apply to me, but when I was single, I didn't really have any complete deal breakers except for being violent or abusive. I felt that if I really liked someone, then I'd give it a chance.

Then I met a guy who I liked... until I found out that he disliked dogs. I could not make a life with or even spend a weekend with someone who dislikes dogs.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Must like cats.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    an armed husband
  • ChrisinGA
    ChrisinGA Posts: 116 Member
    Options

My gf says the same thing, No fun LOL
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Penis
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    smoking, drugs, excessive drinking, no job, no education, no drivers license, generally rude, gotta believe in/want marriage/want kids/love dogs
    theres a lot. I have standards what can I say.
  • Buzzyi
    Buzzyi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Someone who whines about their job. If you don't like it, change it or just get on with it.At least you HAVE a job.
    Drugs.
    Arrogance.
    Dirty fingernails- in fact bad general hygeine is a huge NO.

Ability to smile easily is a definite must.
  • aprilmonkey
    Options
    My deal breakers would be being full of hate towards another ethnicity or sexuality preference.

...And also men who aren't alright with me preferring to smoke weed over taking medications.

... And men who are horrible in the bedroom.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    smoking, drugs, excessive drinking, no job, no education, no drivers license, generally rude, gotta believe in/want marriage/want kids/love dogs
    theres a lot. I have standards what can I say.
    I dated a lovely guy who wasn't allowed a driving licence because of epilepsy.
    Just putting it out there that it isn't always a person's fault and it doesn't make them a loser.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You folks who are saying "No job" are being pretty harsh. The person might have no job through no fault of their own - laid off, company went under, etc.

On the other hand, "no desire to get a job" is definitely a valid deal breaker.
    truth.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    No way:
    - Arrogant / smug / condescending / annoyingly argumentative for the sake of it / black and white thinker / lack of social skills --> basically no engineers
    - Addictions (sober 10+ years is ok, but if it's even a possibility now I can't deal, sorry)
    - As someone else said, untreated mental health issues or hard-core personality disorders. Mild/occasional anxiety or depression is ok, that just means you think about stuff
    - Cruelty
    - Stupidity
    - Being dismissive/remote, or, too clingy (should be able to play/work both alone and with others)
    - Regressive politics
    - Religious (spiritual, eh, maybe; probably not)
    - Not pulling weight at home
    - Sense of entitlement

Essential:
    - Emotionally secure
    - Insightful
    - Kind
    - Witty (this is a twofer, implies a certain kind of intelligence)
    - Must do exactly half of the domestic stuff. I mean EXACTLY half, not 'help out' now and then, or just the dishes