What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Long hours at work which results in lack of sleep.

Honestly that is the only thing for me. I enjoy working out but being sleep deprived doesn't motivates me to workout
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    sick hubby and kiddo... i have no energy or motivation to do jack after taking care of them all day seems to take something out of me
  • ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Stress and depression and being TIRED. I still push myself when I am tired and somehow make it to the gym, and I know people say not working out or using "being tired" excuse is simply laziness (I use this excuse once in great a while, it's not a every day thing)... But there are days, when the weather is crappy, something bad happens at work/home....etc that I am just not in a mood to drive to the gym - then I just simply stay in bed and sleep.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Gotta be realllly sick (or injured) for me to not go. Otherwise - push through it all. I always feel better after a hard workout.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    being in crippling pain.....like I am right now....
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Rain. Not 100% of the time but if I've already been 5 days there's a chance I'll say, "eh, 5 is good enough."
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Work, the house being in a complete state, money and the stupid snow, rain I love, best for running!
  • queenbee47340
    Options
    I know too busy sounds lame...but I can't seem to find the time. I get home, cook, homework and bed. That is what my day consists of. On the weekend, I might squeeze some excersise in. If I go to Zumba with my friends (which I love) the time is pretty inconvenient. It breaks up my whole evening and I can't get anything else done...then all my homework is left for the weekend.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Digestive Issues and very frigid temperatures windchill below 15 degres and its blowing about 15-20mph. Glad its over with. I hope
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Boredom.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Being sick (especially stomach issues or headaches) and getting too hungry - I'll eat ALL the food :/
  • Precyousbaby
    Precyousbaby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    seeing others that look really fit and thinking that'll never be me...

and a really packed gym
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I stress eat so I have to, have to stay busy! But my favorite excuse is well I'm getting old so I need to slow down. Of course this is a bunch of hog wash! When this happens I try to remember how good it feels to work out and do something for myself, usually does the trick to get me up off my tush.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Tearing my left external oblique set me back quite a bit.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think the waether. Like if it's yucky outside I feel like just getting cozied (is that a word?) up and eating some comfort food. All the snow here lately isn't helping...
  • natmckn
    natmckn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Peer pressure. "Oh just have one slice, it won't kill you."
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Being so BROKE

For instance, I have one pair of workout pants and no designated workout clothes, really. Would I love to go get some cute workout outfits to get into the spirit? Yes. Can I afford it? No.

I want to start Shakeology because my in laws use it and I've seen a 180 in them completely since they started. Can I afford it? No.

I'd love to be able to sign up for fun 5k's and get my walk on. Can I afford a 45 dollar sign up fee? No.

BAH
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Criticism from friends/family about my progress.
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    seeing my scale fluctuate up/down consistently can be a huge downer....usually I just let it sour my mood in the morning and make sure I hit a good workout at night to make up for it.....brings my mood back to where it should be and I can stay focused on what I really want to accomplish. Also, if the scale is up from what I expect, I am very diligent about what I pack for lunch, so I guess it isn't all bad...
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Changes to my schedule. One thing and eff everything else up. It's like dominos.