Story behind your username

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Long story short...It was determined by more than one group of people that when I grow older, I will live in a tree, yelling obscenities and throwing sticks at children.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn! :wink:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    It's an old BBS login name as well as a nickname I'd been given.
    Yes I'm older than the internet. :wink:

join the club.

i did get my first e-mail address in 1985 though.
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Someone way back in my college days said I looked either like a Sarah or a Lucy... The spelling was my own choosing / the spelling that came out in a drunken text!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    used to wear a lot of camo, so i became camy....and i'm a girl, so the chick was the natural next part!
  • if anyone has ever watched an english comedy called only fools and horses you will get my name :)
  • schromi
    schromi Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Last name and two given names
  • sunnycrisv
    sunnycrisv Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Favorite color's yellow; I love being outdoors, especially in the summer, and I use sunnyyellowinfl for many other username's because I live in FL, but wanted to use part of my real name here so... sunnycrisv
  • BreeNJesse
    BreeNJesse Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Myself and my hub :)
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am a cat whisperer.
  • icyeyes317
    icyeyes317 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My eyes are very light blue, and very ice cold when i'm angry... icy eyes. 317 was my apartment number on the base when I was in the Air Force.
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    nickname (Dee) mom's maiden name (Brown) my last name (Baker)
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Based on friendship from when I was younger. We acted like loons but thought 'Goons' sounded better (despite not knowing what it meant!). So that was the name of our little group, and Squid was my nickname.
  • mychellelynne
    mychellelynne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle but when I was 17 a guy I was dating referred to me as "My Chelle" I thought it was cute and it has always stuck around. My Yahoo account from forever ago is Mychelle so I just keep going with it. Lynne is my middle name also.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    i work in ER as a paramedic, i am an ACLS cetified professional.
    one day, some 4 years back when i was on board an elevator in my hospital, and one other person and her daughter were there, the child was sucking on a sweet, and suddenly she choked, a Heimlich maneuver saved her, the gracious lady thanked me saying, i was a tool in the hand of the Lord to have saved her.yes , i feel when we bring around a patient from a peri-arrest or arrest situation, we are working tools in hand of our God.
    4 years from then , i have become heavier,i find myself slower to react,slower to move, so that tool has rusted and needs to be taken care of. a lean efficient tool in the hand of God,so that i'm not a weak link in my team anymore.God willing i shall be there.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know my nickname is probably incredibly inappropriate for a weight loss site lol. It was my high school nickname and it's still primarily the name I use online. 'Twinkie' because I obviously love Twinkies - I didn't get this body by NOT eating Twinkies...RIP Twinkies. And the 'mon' part comes from Pokemon which was extremely popular when I was in high school. So basically if I were a Pokemon I'd be a Twinkiemon of the Dessert Type Pokemon.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    i just think your never going to be done taking care of yourself, or shouldn't be.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    3foldchord

I have 3 boys, their 'bible verse" is the one about how a 3 fold cord is not easily broken.

"Chord" represents harmony, sounding good together. So it's "chord instead of "cord"

This was the screen name I throughout and used when the boys were really little, for my homeschooling blog and it my OD email that went with it. When I came here I wanted something I could remember and something Pete I currently know would not easily be able to find me here.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    i work in ER as a paramedic, i am an ACLS cetified professional.
    one day, some 4 years back when i was on board an elevator in my hospital, and one other person and her daughter were there, the child was sucking on a sweet, and suddenly she choked, a Heimlich maneuver saved her, the gracious lady thanked me saying, i was a tool in the hand of the Lord to have saved her.yes , i feel when we bring around a patient from a peri-arrest or arrest situation, we are working tools in hand of our God.
    4 years from then , i have become heavier,i find myself slower to react,slower to move, so that tool has rusted and needs to be taken care of. a lean efficient tool in the hand of God,so that i'm not a weak link in my team anymore.God willing i shall be there.

Interesting that you work at the hospital.
    Hubby is a paramedic with the fire department.
    Where do you love?
    Sounds like Great Britain or...?
  • Redreturns2
    Redreturns2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Husker Fan.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm an established Book Blogger that receives books to review for authors and publishers. It is pretty simple, I am a bookworm crazy about reading! :tongue: