Black Team- A Team of Champions!

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I logged my food for the day, ate a cup of cottage cheese today, 860 mg of sodium? NO WONDER I've been thristy. Nobody told me THAT about it. Mabye it's not so worth liking.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Marla- Keep running, substitute Insanity where you have time and can. My two cents. If you are going to be ready for your half, you need to log the miles.

Co-sign. There is no way you will finish a half without some major pain if you don't. If you can do Insanity on non-running days, that should be plenty.

Got it-- thanks, my A-B-S-E-N-T friend-- sheesh, where you been? Planning a wedding or sumpin? :noway: :wink:

I don't think a run's gonna happen tonight-- need to get typing. I'm behind the eight ball too many nights.

Later, peeps
  • 72lori
    Options
    Calories were good for the day, even all my macro nutrients were in line, except for SODIUM! Apparently I spent some time at the salt lick, ask my body, it feels like it! Water......
  • Marla64
    Options
    Holy crap! I logged my food for the day, ate a cup of cottage cheese today, 860 mg of sodium? NO WONDER I've been thristy. Nobody told me THAT about it. Mabye it's not so worth liking.

Oh yeah-- duhhhh-- THAT'S why I stopped buying it. Duh. I love the stuff, but the sodium is whack.

My calories were good, too-- my neighbor thinks my calories are too low, also-- I have a friend down the street-- 40 year old homeschooling mother of 5-- who is doing P90x-- we were talking the other day and she thinks 1200 is nuts, and even 1400 is too low.

I can't bring myself to eat any more than that-- so I'm at 1400 for the day.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,926 Member
    Options
    Kohl's had a big sale start today. I am constantly amazed at the difference in sizes between brands. I bought a pair of pants and a pair of capris. Lee Capris in a size 6. Woot Woot. Daisy Fuentes dress pants in a size 2. Seriously.....who approves these things. I also got two tops from the juniors department. Will see if they fit tonight. Fingers crossed.

As soon as I read Daisy Fuentes I thought you were going to say you had to buy them bigger. Huh. Maybe I need me some Daisy! LOL Cool beans though!

If I'd had more time (and money) I would have searched out the Daisy section and bought what I could. :happy:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Howdy friends...Off to bed...Gonna hit the gym in the morning...shocking huh?? I just drop my son back off atthe ball field he is spending the night at a friends house..yeah I know big shock again he is always gone when I am home and he dont have to babysit his baby sister...

In his defense he did work with dad today in 120 degree attic....Then he went to his last ballgame of the orginal season and we scored 2 runs and lost..I know I am full of big schockers today..but he scored the first run and batted the second run in...and pitched a awesome 2 inning..

Well enough rambling I am off to bed..Had a stressful day!! Gonna go sleep on it..I am drained!!!
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Howdy friends...Off to bed...Gonna hit the gym in the morning...shocking huh?? I just drop my son back off atthe ball field he is spending the night at a friends house..yeah I know big shock again he is always gone when I am home and he dont have to babysit his baby sister...

In his defense he did work with dad today in 120 degree attic....Then he went to his last ballgame of the orginal season and we scored 2 runs and lost..I know I am full of big schockers today..but he scored the first run and batted the second run in...and pitched a awesome 2 inning..

Well enough rambling I am off to bed..Had a stressful day!! Gonna go sleep on it..I am drained!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I started my 'time to kick butt' phase again 4 weeks ago today, I haven't had a single cookie, cake, banana bread, monkey bread, ice cream, chocolate, candy treat in one month. Nothing. Not even a bite and I've made a ton of it these past few weeks!

Guess what, it's not because I told myself I was avoiding that stuff, it's because I'm only eating healthy and that stuff doesn't fit. Telling myself I can't have it is counter productive, then I want it more.

(I may be working up to needing a free meal, including some mouth watering desert though, soon. We'll see.)

I have lost 10 pounds in those 4 weeks, I was 158 then, 148 this AM. I took my measurements today, inches gone. Whew! 2 inches from my waist alone in 4 weeks! One from my hips, one from each thigh, one and a half from my abdomen (belly pudge). Pretty cool results. My body fat also went down a little more than 2%.

Amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it. Remember that! All of us are capable of accomplishing great things. We are after all, a Team of Champions!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    A quick hey to everyone! I am so tired but thought I would check in. officially started back at WW today. We'll see how it goes. will share some insight but basically we all know the drill. I just think of it as extra therapy:laugh:

Your posts are all great! Lori -PA! WOW! enjoy the last 12 em I guess 11 days now? Still remember the birth of all three of mine.

Son is all packed and ready to leave for Germany tomorrow! Tanya - congrats on England's win to the next round. Zach will be watching the Germany/England game on Sunday from Germany (he will secretly route for your team:wink: ) Unbelievable game for the US today.

Lori - Congrats on your weight loss. You are kickin butt! It is funny...we know the cause of the weight gain....you conquered it! Keep it up!

love you all!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey everyone-- Lori, so proud of you for not only getting yourself back on track, but leading the charge for us, too-- love you to bits. What an awesome team of people we have here.

Donna-- enjoy WW -- it's a great program, you can do it.

Lots going on in my heart, my friends-- there is a time for every purpose under heaven, no? This seems to be my season to reach out to family members-- maybe because my own son is so wayward, and God took me kicking and screaming into reuniting with my father, that I've reached out to a brother via facebook that I really have had no communication with since 2004.

To say that my family is dysfunctional is an insult to dysfunctional families everywhere. And for good reason I've protected-- or rather, more accurately, my husband has demanded that we protect our children from the worst of them, for years.

And I must proceed with caution-- this brother has a manipulative, screwed up past-- but he's doing some really good things right now-- raising some of my other brother's screwed up children because they have nowhere to go-- long story, and I won't go there. But, people can change.

But, you know.......sighhhhh........I don't know. Somebody contacted me on facebook looking for information on him, so I looked him up......and there you have it. We're in at least facebook contact. go figure.

Oh well-- need to hit the hay. Early night for me. Up at 7 to finish the typing. Good eating today. Didn't get the run in, but I'll get to her in tomorrow for sure.

Nite, my friends.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    Urghhhhhhhhhhhh, just typed a long good morning message and my pc dumped me out and restarted itself so I lost everything!!! Lets hope this isn't how the day continues, I have Thomas's school assembly today and have arranged a friend to take Christopher to nursery and for one of the minded to come later today so that I can go to it!

I have been eating 1200 calories so far this week,and have tried to avoid bisuits, sweets and alcohol and so far the weight seems to be coming off again, so heres to Lori kicking us in the butt to get us remotivated (thanks Lori)

Marla - Insanity definately sounds insane, but go for it and I hope you get your run in today.

Lori - Thanks again for getting me remotivated

Lori (PA) - I truely understand about the counting the days thing, but both of my summer babies were early (4 weeks and 11 days), so heres hopeing that little cooper wants to make an early appearance for you

Donna - I hope that your son enjoys Germany, and thanks for the support re the football

Jason - Good luck with the writing up of the jobdetails, and I hope that you enjoy your time off with your wife and little one when they arrive

Shuntae - hello, hope everything is going well for you

Jeannie - could you not go for a slow walk on a path/pavement instead of the sand (although I bet the san dis far more appealing)

Tamara - hope you had a good sleep and feel better today

To everyone I have missed - happy Thursday. Better shot, got to get eldest up etc
  • familygirl37167
    Options
    Good Morning My fellow black teamer

I almost slept in today, that thought crossed my mind after I drank my coffee and eat my french toast..I said to myself aww i should have sleep in today and got up at 8 am and went to the gym, but then my brian said you already ate, so you need to go to the gym this morning since you already have the carbs in you....uuuggghhhh...oh well at least it will be over early...

Gonna have a good day today...Son spent the night with his friend last night, just me and daughter home..Goonna do some laudry and possible clean a little bit and just pretty much relax. have a relaxing day!! Whats that???? I dont know either, I am always on the go..as ya'll are...

I wll keep you posted tonight and tell you if this really happened..just to relax..I know I have just a few things to do, but not to awful much.

Marla- Did you order insanity off the computer or get it somewhere, I want it???

Lori- Thanks for all you do..I look up to you!!

Tanya- Enjoy the assembly, at school

Well everyone else..hhhheeellloooo heeeellllloooo heelllllllooooooo out there!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Jeannie - could you not go for a slow walk on a path/pavement instead of the sand (although I bet the san dis far more appealing)

You are SO smart! How could I not have thought of that? Silly me.......still getting my thoughts back! I am going to do that this evening. We have a strip of the beach with a sidewalk and the ocean is right there.

The ocean calms and restores me...........thanks so much Tanya for suggesting this :heart:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    checking in:flowerforyou: PA Lori thinking of you
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Kohl's had a big sale start today. I am constantly amazed at the difference in sizes between brands. I bought a pair of pants and a pair of capris. Lee Capris in a size 6. Woot Woot. Daisy Fuentes dress pants in a size 2. Seriously.....who approves these things. I also got two tops from the juniors department. Will see if they fit tonight. Fingers crossed.

As soon as I read Daisy Fuentes I thought you were going to say you had to buy them bigger. Huh. Maybe I need me some Daisy! LOL Cool beans though!

If I'd had more time (and money) I would have searched out the Daisy section and bought what I could. :happy:

:laugh: I went to Chico's once with a friend, too spendy for me! There was a clearence rack of white jeans. We can wear white all year round so :tongue:

I wasn't going to buy them until the pushy sales clerk says "Hmmm I think you are a 2!"

TWO PAIRS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Tamara-- I got it from a friend.

good morning, everyone-- heading to type-- a little later than I'd intended-- zzzzzzzzz.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Oooh just remembered Leslie Sansomes Walk Off the Pounds!! Gonna pull that out and do it!

I walked to the end of the street yesterday and it was too scary. Can't run for my life, ya know? Had this paranoid feeling when a dude passed me (it was 6am:huh: ) that if he kicked me I could die. Not only that it is 100 degrees out there!

I also am not ready to go to the gym and walk on the treadmill.

So at home with Leslie will be fine.................great as a matter of fact!!:heart::heart:

It shall be MY insanity! :laugh: :laugh:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- take your time, it will come back, give yourself a break and take it slow! It IS hot out there. I just got in from a 45 minute walk, I waited too late, 7:45 to start. Sweat was pouring in my eyes and burning and I am absolutely soaked! But I needed to sweat out some of the water that I was retaining from my unintended sodium fest yesterday, so it's all good!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Hopefully everyone is having a good morning... me.. meh. Have a banger of a headache this morning and body aches really bad since last night. But managed to take both my dogs for a rollerblade (even managed to break up a dog fight on em... the logistics on blades with a torn acl is mind boggling... lol), a cardio workout and day 1 of my situp challenge.

I must say hearing about everyones journey is inspiring. Keep up all the great work. :smile:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Hopefully everyone is having a good morning... me.. meh. Have a banger of a headache this morning and body aches really bad since last night. But managed to take both my dogs for a rollerblade (even managed to break up a dog fight on em... the logistics on blades with a torn acl is mind boggling... lol), a cardio workout and day 1 of my situp challenge.

I must say hearing about everyones journey is inspiring. Keep up all the great work. :smile:

Seriously, if I had a torn ACL there is no way I would be putting on roller blades. You go!