Anyone doing Thursday weigh in?

Options

Replies

• Annabelle_M
    Options
    I'm nervous about tomorrow's weigh in because I've been weighing myself each day and seeing no change. I'm really getting frustrated at no weight loss!! I guess tomorrow will tell the full story! Anyone know if fasting for blood work will affect my results tomorrow? I started fasting last night and I go for blood work in a few minutes but I'm hoping it doesn't affect it tomorrow.
  • rachel2011
    rachel2011 Posts: 37
    Options
    Not sure about the fasting for blood work but I'd have thought if you haven't eaten for a while it'll have some effect?

Did my weight in this morning and have put 1.2lb back on from the last weight in.....aaaarrrgh !
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My Thursday weigh-in for June 24 2010= 171.5
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My results:

SD: 5/20/2010
    SW: 336.4
    Last week: 329.6

Drum roll please.....

CW: 319.4!!!!

(Water weight from double to triple the amount of suggested sodium...I have been watching this VERY closely and it appears to have paid off!!)

Good luck to everyone! I can't wait to see other's successes!
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Week 1 on MFP: I lost 2 pounds this week. As a bonus, my better half, who is not on MFP but MOL eats what I do, lost 2.5!
    Great way to start!
    And I got a best girlfriend to sign up last night. All good.
  • arbragg
    arbragg Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The results from this morning is 181.5, down 6lbs from last week. WOO HOO, so proud of that number! Never really thought sodium intake would make that big of a difference - but apparently it does. This week my goal is to keep up with my exercise, stay under calories, and drink all if not more of my water!!

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see more results :happy:
  • hollyj77
    hollyj77 Posts: 58
    Options
    Hello everyone! I found this thread and would love to join since I just started AGAIN, today! I think Thursdays will be a good weigh in day since I am off on Fridays, the start of my weekends. I think by seeing my progress each Thursday, it will keep me focused on healthy habits throughout the weekend! Thanks for starting the Thursday group! :happy:

Good luck to everyone!

SW: 180
    GW: 150
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    lost 5.8 pounds since last week! That is 9.2 pounds so far!!! YAY!
  • coffeegirl1998
    Options
    Week 1 on MFP: I lost 2 pounds this week. As a bonus, my better half, who is not on MFP but MOL eats what I do, lost 2.5!
    Great way to start!
    And I got a best girlfriend to sign up last night. All good.

LisaKC, I have been raving about this site to anyone that will listen. I am glad you have gotten your best grilfriend to do this. I was referred to this site from a co-worker. I friended her and now we check on each other everyday. She knows that I weigh in on Thursdays, so she stopped by this morning to show her support! Now you will have a personal buddy to share with as well as all of the wonderful members on this site (well, most of them anyway!!)
  • coffeegirl1998
    Options
    I just want to address a few things on my mind:

First, THANKS Annabelle_M for starting this thread!!
    rachel2011: Don't give up! We are here for you! I know it is frustrating, but give it time...just imagine the success you are making, not necessarily on the scale, but in a healthy life style!
    hipsgalore: Keep it up!
    arbragg: I found sodium to be my big problem too...congrats on the loss!
    LisaKC: Awesome!
    hollyj77: Welcome!
    Buppie: WTG!

All: How awesome does it feel to be doing the right things for your body?!?!?

(maybe I need to tone down on the coffee as I am super hyped up this morning!! LOL)

:drinker:
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hey Coffeegirl, last night I sent an email to a few friends and told them a little bit about my experience on MFP during the first week. I've already heard from 3 others who may also sign up. I hope so! And there's no such thing as too much coffee in my book! I work from home, and my husband grinds beans every morning, so I have enough java to keep me going all morning.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No change in weight since last week, and I can't find my tape (just moved) so not sure about measurements...I will do better next week lol. But I feel better! :)
  • coffeegirl1998
    Options
    Lisa, I work at a coffee plant (cannot say which, but still) so, I am in total agreement with you...but I am a bit hyper today. But I think it is because it is going well!!!

Syreeta: Great attitude. I think that it is AWESOME!
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dang! I totally forgot to weigh in this morning before i ate! I like to do it the same way every time. I will have to weigh in tomorrow. I did take measurements though-- I've lost 1 inch on my hips and a half inch on my thighs since last week!
    Back tomorrow with my weigh in results.
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    Great success everyone!! So proud of you all, we got some big numbers there this time - way to go!!! Keep it up!!

Coffeegirl, you're welcome I'm glad we have such a great group! Also, I may look into the sodium cutback this week.

My results are not that great and I'm upset but in all honesty I'm blaming water intake or should I say lack of water intake. I normally don't have a problem with getting in my water but since I started a new job, that doesn't give me much time to drink my water, I've been finding myself dehydrated mixed with high fiber is a BAD outcome. So this week's goal is to drink all of my water to help the benefits of the fiber, if you know what I mean. I'm very proud of my exercising efforts which I do everyday, I've went from super lazy to going for a walk at least once a day.

Results for this weigh in:

Weight: + 1.4 lbs :(
    Waist: -1 inch
    Chest: -.5 inch
    Same for everywhere else
  • Shayleah05
    Shayleah05 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays. I would love to join a group not sure how to tho. So if you are interested in having me i would love to join:) i guess just invite me?
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    Welcome Shayleah!! Just keep checking in whenever you can!! I find I forget at times!! lol
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sounds like loads of you are having great success. Annabelle_M, I didn't realise why we should be drinking so much water - now it makes sense, lol ! - Will make sure I have more water today and the rest of the week. Feeling more positive about this Thursdays weigh in than the last - had a fun filled weekend but managed to be(quite!) good and having read all the posts from the last few days - as I can't really check in at home - I know feel really positive again!!!

I really think this group is great, thanks everyone and have a good, water filled day!!!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I am currently halfway through Bethenny Frankel's book, "Naturally Thin" and am questioning if I can really adopt this mentality? Has anyone read this book or is inspired by her philosophies ("revoke your membership to the clean plate club," "you can have it all, just not all at once," "taste everything, eat nothing")?
  • rachel2011
    Options
    Not heard of that book, is it big in America? - I think most of you are American right? (I'm a Brit living in London). Sounds interesting - how can you tast everything but eat nothing??!! - spit it out?! - I saw that on Desparate Housewifes I think it was once - Susan put chocolates in her mouth but then spat them out before actually eating them! - All rather odd but maybe it works?!!!

Off to the gym now, last thing I want after a day at work but I guess that's what we have to do!

Have a good rest of day everyone,