Anyone doing Thursday weigh in?

Options

Replies

• LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I had a great weigh in last week, but as of this morning was up 1.5 pounds. Not sure if it's salt/water retention or what. I'm working out like crazy, and eating what I'm supposed to. In any case, I'm not looking forward to Thursday. :noway: I'll weigh in anyway, though, regardless of the result. :grumble:
  • rachel2011
    rachel2011 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have a question.......
    If you, say walk to the train station and it's a 10 min normal pace walk, is that part of the 'normal daily activity' ie we're not meant to register it as cardio work or do we register it as 10 min cardio?? - I have a bad feeling I've been giving myself too much credit for normal daily activities as cardio work :-(
  • LisaKC
    Options
    @rachel, I have no idea. I only log my workouts, which include cycling, the C25K program, and occasionally the elliptical. I never thought to include all my other activity. Maybe someone else knows?:ohwell:
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    rachel, I do log stuff like that too because I put the lowest level of activity as before I started this site, I was completely sedentary. I work at a desk for 10 hrs a day and then I go home to sit on the couch for the rest of the day....

Not sure if that helps, but that is my opinion...and I will probably change that if these things become more regular and I up my activity level.
  • rachel2011
    rachel2011 Posts: 37
    Options
    ahhh, that's a good point - I put my level of activity the same as I have a desk job and then would go home and not do much really 'activity' so I think I will continue to add in my walks to the station ! - I guess if you put that your level of activity is moderate or whatever the next level is then you wouldn't be able to add in those little bits. Oh, I'm happier now thanks :-)
  • coffeegirl1998
    Options
    Well, guys. I am doing a weigh in early this week because I will be out of town starting this afternoon. I am super excited...here are my results!

SW: 352
    LW: 335.2
    Today: 328.2

Woot woot!!

:glasses: :noway: :tongue:

Good luck everyone!!
  • LisaKC
    Options
    WTG CoffeeGirl! That's great!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Great job Coffeegirl!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    July 1 172.5 --- up 1 pound?? hoping it's just sodium retention. I had hamburger last night and the day before that chocolate cake. I'm hoping the 1 pound will be off soon, but I need to get to 170 to reach my mini goal 1.
    [/quote

July 22 210= 173.0 up 1.5 pound but it is TOM for me, so I'm not worried too much. I have been working hard as of Monday July 19 with my diet. I have been strict on it. I started not to weigh in because it is TOM but at least this way, when I way in next Thursday I should be able to see some good progress as long as I keep my diet up.
  • cerealqueen
    Options
    Congrats Coffee Girl - that's awesome!

Height: 5'2"

SW: 170lb

LW: 167lb
    CW: 166lb (-1lb)

GW: 140lb

Only down 1lb... and i'm off on holiday next week! Very excited but i'm worried about the lack of control over my diet... message me if you have any tips on how to keep the weight off when travelling! and good luck for your weigh ins this week :)

CQ xx
  • LisaKC
    Options
    @cerealqueen, have a great time on your trip, and good for you on losing this week. Get some exercise while you're gone, and if you can't really control the food, at least work to control the portions. Drink tons of water to counteract the salt in the food from restaurants, etc.

This week I gained half a pound. No measurement changes. Not too worried. This happened a few weeks ago and was followed by a big loss, so we'll see. I'll stick to my plan, keep working out, and hope for the best. Definitely need to avoid the sodium, and get more protein in my diet. Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am a Thursday weigh in.. and have been sticking to MFP for about 8 weeks and have been really honest about food and excercise the last 6-7 weeks. I have lost a total of 2.2 lbs .. and that was 1.8 last week and only .2 this week. I really am trying to lose 1 lb a week but no matter what, it just isn't happening. I am forcing myself to stay focused and stop worrying about the number on the scale but losing only .2 this week definitely depresses me. I just reviewed the last 7 days and see that I was mostly between 1100- 1300 net calories so I am actually thinking I might need to increase my calories by about 100-200 net. What's the worse it can do.. stop me from losing another .2 lbs ? :ohwell:

Anyway, I don't want to give up..I have found such a source of motivation and inspiriation on these boards .. I am going to try and get here on Thursdays to log in ..
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like I have really been slacking off with calorie counting and excersie this past week. I have to get better about that during this next week. I was surprised however because when I weighed in this morning I was down 1.9 lbs from last week. Hopefully I can refocus this week and lose a little bit more next week.
  • eliaison
    eliaison Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'9"
    SW 160
    CW 155.5
    GW 140

WEEK 6:

Down .5 lb this week, but am .5 lb off from "where I should be" on week six. I'm trying to lose .5 lb a week, and this week should've been 155. But sometimes the scale drops the day after my weigh-in day, or by the weekend (weighing in on Thurs). It's such a small amount, I believe I should not be discouraged. Everything I read says how long it takes for your metabolism to adjust, and etc.

I continue to keep at my calorie budget daily, and sometimes zig-zag. If I eat a bit over one day, I am strict about eating a bit under the next.

My activity is continuing also. I'm surfing and riding my bicycle- two hard activities, well, harder than they used to be because I'm not as fit as I once was. When I don't feel like doing those, I walk or take a class at the gym. This is at least 3x a week.

So the main goal for me is to change my lifestyle, which I have and am. When I first started I was hungrier, now I'm not. I'm learning to manage the calories. Also, I'm more fit- my exercise is getting easier.

It's hard to lose so slowly, I really can't wait to look as thin as I'd like and fit in certain clothes, but I have to be PATIENT. Losing fast only means it will come back as soon as I eat sensibly again. So .5 a week, it is!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like I have really been slacking off with calorie counting and excersie this past week. I have to get better about that during this next week. I was surprised however because when I weighed in this morning I was down 1.9 lbs from last week. Hopefully I can refocus this week and lose a little bit more next week.

DITTO!!!

I am at up 1.4 but I have been really slack on the eating habits...I'll get better guys. We had an ice cream social at work today :(
    SW: 134
    CW: 130.8
    GW: 115
    Last weigh in: 129.4
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You are all doing so great! Keep up the good work. Y'all r my inspiration and motivation.
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a fabulous weight loss!!!!!!!!!!!
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Down 3.4 pounds this week, but my measurements are the same. The one thing that is sorta getting me down, is that I have really flabby arms ( I already had wings even before weight loss) and as I'm losing weight they are looking even flabbier and floppier. I am trying to do weights everytime I work out, so hopefully they will shape up a little.

Good job to everyone this week. :)
  • Annabelle_M
    Options
    So proud of you all!! Coffeegirl, amazing success this weigh in!! Those of you that didn't lose, don't give up it takes time, trust me!

I was down 1.8 lbs!!!!! Can't believe it, so happy and proud of myself!

SW: 141 lbs
    LW:139.4 lbs
    CW: 137.6 lbs

GW: 120 lbs

Measurements are pretty well the same which I'm happy about, I will update them later! Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • coffeegirl1998
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!!

Annabelle: WTG! Just hang in there. I knew it would happen.