Most interesting scars

Replies

• vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Scar in my eyebrow above my left eye inflicted by a croquet ball.

Was about 7 playing with my friends. We were running and I ran behind my aunt who was playing catch with my uncle with a croquet ball. They were rifling this ball as hard as they could at one another and my uncle threw a wild ball and my aunt missed. I didn't. lol
  • I have a teeth mark scar on my right upper thigh.

Story: My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend wanted to fight with me, I kneed her face and she followed through and bit me through my thick denim jeans. I don't even know how someone can bite through REALLY thick jeans like really really thick ones hahaha. Five years later, the scar is still there. No amount of scar zone or bio-oil can remove it:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    i have a scar on the underside of my chin i got when i was 7. i was at a roller skating birthday party and got so enthralled with the disco ball lights on the floor, i tripped over my own skates and fell. i hit the ground so hard it broke the skin and i had to get stitches. my mom said she almost passed out when they were cleaning it out and opened the skin so wide she could see my bone.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    I've got a small scar on my left shoulder that looks like a cross. I got it when I fell off my bicycle in HS (yes, I fell off my bicycle in HS). Scraped up half my face, lost half of my front tooth and ended up with a scar on my shoulder.

When I met my husband he saw it and thought it was a bad tattoo. :laugh:
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I have a few good ones. One not very interesting scar under my chin: I was about 3 years old, supposed to be napping while mom was cleaning, snuck downstairs to watch a movie. I was watching Peter Pan and wanted to try the flying/happy thoughts stuff I guess, jumped off the couch Wendy-style, caught my chin on a nail sticking out of the hardwood floor.

One pretty bad scar on my elbow: My mom's friend was giving me a hair cut at home one night, she sat me on this glass-plated coffee table we had to do it. All the other kids were sent into the bedrooms to play so they didn't bump me or whatnot. When she finished, she called to the kids that they could come out, the youngest one made a beeline for my legs before I could even fully stand up from the table. I fell back onto the table, it shattered, my mom's friend said "Don't look at your elbow!" Before that I was fine, but of course I looked at my elbow. Covered in blood and dripping, I screamed bloody murder. Got 17 stitches, they took forever to heal, and I still have residual nerve damage (just in the skin, my arm works fine).

Oh, I also have a smallish scar under my left eye from when I was about 1 and a half years old. My parents were getting a new bed, so the old (metal) frame was leaned up against the wall while they were switching stuff out. I wandered in there and managed to get it to fall on my head. I only had this tiny cut, though, luckily.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    I have a scar across my neck... hit a barbed wire fence snow mobiling.
  • BiggJim38
    BiggJim38 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I have a scar across my neck... hit a barbed wire fence snow mobiling.
    your a lucky man, to walk away from that
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    I have a huge scar on my wrist shaped like a carrot :).. its pretty cute.. lol, anyway long story short. Sister threw me out the window ( the window was not open).. In her defense I told her there was a killer ax man outside.. -.-.Things escalated fast... how I ended up out the window....no idea.. my sister said it was the ax man.. dad came down stairs with his gun.. Blood was everywhere.. it was pretty bad lol.. went to the Er.. Mama came and we all got a spanking.. D:The end :)
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    I have a huge scar on my wrist shaped like a carrot :).. its pretty cute.. lol, anyway long story short. Sister threw me out the window ( the window was not open).. In her defense I told her there was a killer ax man outside.. -.-.Things escalated fast... how I ended up out the window....no idea.. my sister said it was the ax man.. dad came down stairs with his gun.. Blood was everywhere.. it was pretty bad lol.. went to the Er.. Mama came and we all got a spanking.. D:The end :)
    LOL i dont know why this story made me laugh so hard.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    A circular scar above my right eyebrow. My cousin and I were playing with coffee stirrers and thought it would be cool to stick it to our face and suck on one end. We both have permanent memories of our little game.
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Most of mine are clearing up these days

I have one on my forehead almost in the middle, has shrunken a lot, i dived into a tiled swimming pool and hit the bottom, split my forehead open 10cm long 1cm wide, is not about 4cm long and a thin line

One around my left pointer finger knuckle where i was bumped while using a drill press, luckily the drill bit spun around the top of my knuckle leaving a circular scar around it but didn't do further damage

Also have a patch on my neck with a scar where hair no longer grows - slipped on a wet floor and caught my chin on a steel pole, ripped a hole in my neck approx 2cm around, sent my head back with force which knocked me out when i hit the floor

Most interesting scar is probably my top lip, it was badly split open in a fight left to right through the middle and a few up and down tears, when it gets cold my lip still forms a soft scab over it and i can run my tongue along where all the splits are, not really visible but can definitely feel it
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    I have a scar on my forearm, I got from falling through a glass shelf as a teen. It looks like the jagged "S" in Slipknot.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    3 inch scar on the inside of my right arm where I was bit by a young sea lion. I used to work at a wildlife rehab and rescue center, I have dozens of scars from being bit, but this one is my favorite.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    One on my bottom lip from falling UP the stairs as a 5 year old, remember it very clearly, putting my hand to my face and pulling away a chunk of skin, that's the point I started screaming!

And one on my left eyelid from falling off a stage at nursery school when I was 3, have absolutely no memory of it.

Then have lots on my legs from falling over as a kid, seems to be: if it bleeds, it scars!
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    I have several from an industrial accident at age 18. Spent a month in the hospital and almost lost the arm due to infection.

Left arm (inside) is skin grafted from wrist to elbow. Two strips (inch wide and 4 inches long) on left thigh and one (same size) on right thigh from the source of the grafting.

At age 18, the emotional scars were a lot worse than the physical ones.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Collection of small scars making a circle round my right eye.
    Was about 5 and my older brother & sister were "looking after me". Pushed me down a hill on a homemade soapbox cart (no brakes of course!). I came off and landed face first on a broken bottle.

First thing my Mum did when I got home red from head to toe was punch my sister!
    Ah, parenting in the sixties!!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    i have 5 scars on my belly from cancer surgery with the da vinci robot....that make the shape of a W
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    small white burn scar under my eye. got it at the range when a spent 9mm shell casing made it into my eye protection. i cleared the weapon before taking it out of my goggles and flushing the wound in the ladies room. i could have lost an eye. i love that little scar :wink:
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    My hip. I had plastic surgery on it because I fell asleep on the floor next to a candle and my clothes caught on fire.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    I've got a 5" scar down my right upper arm from a mole smaller than a pencil eraser. But it was melanoma and growing deep into the skin. I also have a 4" scar in my armpit from having lymph nodes removed.

Since my scar on my arm is pretty visible when I wear short sleeves or tank tops, I get asked about it more than I thought I would. At first I'd tell people that it was from a shark attack. Sometimes if I don't feel like talking about why I really have it, I revert back to the shark attack answer.