Weight loss pills recommendation!

Options
Does anyone knows any good fat burning tablets or appetite suppressants or weight loss pills?!?! Obviously with the help of. Exercise and dietary? Please help otherwise I'll be buying a waste of time xz

Replies

• jessbixl
    jessbixl Posts: 34
    Options
    I will probably get flamed for saying this, but phentermine I hear helps. You have to have a prescription though..It's an appetite suppressant. Also I've heard green tea fat burner pills have (I had no luck with them). be careful when asking those types of people tend to flame other people when they ask these questions (just saying as a precaution). I have been flamed sometimes asking an innocent question like this.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    OxyElitePro (dmaa version) supposedly works well. You could also try ephedrine. I personally have anxiety and can't take any of that stuff. :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... Just wait for all the anti-diet pill responses, not saying I blame them but I know you are just looking for a general answer (and you understand exercise and healthy eating).

Look into natural SUPPLEMENTS.. green tea extract w/ caffeine work nicely for some to suppress appetite and increase metabolism, Conjugated lineolic acid is nice to add if you have a lot of fat to lose (so let's say you are 40% body fat) - I've liked CLA cause it's worked for me before Dr. Oz mentioned it on TV.

And if anyone says blah blah green tea (for example) is a waste of money.. go check out Bodybuilding.com where thousands use natural supplements and get great results. If you want to spend the money, go for it. If you don't, don't. Ignore those who will respond with ignorant posts e.g. It's a waste of money.
  • valligal
    valligal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My weight loss clinic has us taking cell press for appetite suppression. You can get it on Amazon.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    DNP. Most people lose like 1/2lb of pure fat a day. Hope you can handle the sides :laugh:
  • jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    IDC if anyone discourages them, i work out often and my diet is legit. I use hydroxycutELITE and its worked, given me a much more 'cut' look. I hate when people take fat loss supps and eat like crap and walk on a treadmill. counter productive. I've tried quite a few and this one is one of the few that i can see and feel the effects
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    My brother in law.. swears by the raspberry ketones.. I personally do not recommend any of that stuff. I want to do this on my own with out the help of supplements....
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you're going to change your diet and do exercise, why do you need the pills? Just curious.

I understand the desire to lose it as fast as you can...but the way I see it, is if you let yourself lose the weight gradually through proper nutrition and exercise alone, you develop good habits which will help you keep it off when you get to your goal.

For me, I'd be concerned that I'd just pack the pounds on again when I stopped taking the supplements. But I'm also a little skeptical about the legitimacy and/or side effects of any of those pills, anyway.
  • newmelady
    newmelady Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for fat loss pill as I am in a plateau for the last 6 months and I need to lose 7-10 more pounds. I am doing free weights (4kg dumbbells) and all the other stuff like tricep dips, pushups, crunches and Tracy Anderson arm workouts.
    I cannot do cardio because of physical disability.
    All my fat deposits are on the upper arms and midsection while my face is thin.
    So right now I look like a hulk without clothes. I look quite well with clothes on.
    There is not much fat on my thighs............it had tons, but I have lost it.
    I think fat loss supplement is the only option for me...........so I will be looking at the answers.
    Hope I am not hijacking the thread of OP.:laugh:
    Green coffee extract gave me energy but did not help in fat loss.
  • lqtransformation130
    lqtransformation130 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I agree with canuckoo, I feel fuller longer when I increase my protein intake.
    Also fiber keeps you fuller longer.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. The homemade variety with fresh fruit and milk in a blender.

Also, if you want consistent, long-term fat loss, start picking up heavy things and putting them back down again. By way of barbell or bodyweight resistance training. Eat a good variety of food and stay within a reasonable caloric range (above BMR and below TDEE).

The reason they tell you that pills only work in conjunction with a diet and exercise program, is because the diet and exercise program is the product that works. The rest is garbage you waste your money on, in a pretty package with the word "diet" imprinted on it, full of propaganda and lies and dangerous to your health.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes. The homemade variety with fresh fruit and milk in a blender.

Also, if you want consistent, long-term fat loss, start picking up heavy things and putting them back down again. By way of barbell or bodyweight resistance training. Eat a good variety of food and stay within a reasonable caloric range (above BMR and below TDEE).

The reason they tell you that pills only work in conjunction with a diet and exercise program, is because the diet and exercise program is the product that works. The rest is garbage you waste your money on, in a pretty package with the word "diet" imprinted on it, full of propaganda and lies and dangerous to your health.

^^^ THIS is it exactly. Just look at the thousands of people who are losing their weight by simply eating less and moving more. It is this that will get the results, you do not need the pills.

All you do need is PATIENCE like the rest of us. Been said many times, but hey its true. You did not put the weight on overnight why do people expect it to come off that way.
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just a thought.... If weight loss pills truly work, why are there so many of us on MFP??
    :noway:
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    otherwise I'll be buying a waste of time xz

You said it yourself. If there was a pill that worked - don't you think we'd all be on it and the nation's obesity rates would be drastically lowered?
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself. If there was a pill that worked - don't you think we'd all be on it and the nation's obesity rates would be drastically lowered?
    [/quote]

Pretty much!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    All weight loss pills are a waste!

I had a friend go on some weight loss supplement - and she lost TONS of weight...so I asked more about it. She explained that she has to write down her foods, can only have 2 portions of protein a day, only 3 whole grains, and a bunch of fruits and veggies and 8 cups of water/day....I looked at her diary and told her "You are probably just losing weight because your not eating crap anymore".

Needless to say, unless you plan to take the supplements for the rest of your life - don't bother. Learn the healthy way.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    If anything I'd only invest in a thermogenic + some caffeine. Seen a lot of videos of bodybuilders using these XYZ things like drop factor, hydroxycut, versa-1, but I think some of that is just to curb bad mood swings. Keep your mood positive while getting lean is important.
  • sarahf3092
    sarahf3092 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple weight loss pills a while back and found they were total waste of time.

Along with my diet and exercise I now take 3 spoons of pure aloe vera juice a day to help digestion and have a protein shake straight after gym. Really starting to see a difference.
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Would you like my bank account via Moneymart or is online good enough? Either way, I am more than happy to take your money. Seriously, if there was a PILL, don't you think there would be a longer line up? Wait, sorry...my bad...there is! With every new infomercial about an ab roller is a new Hydroxycut pill.

Silly me...I shall go back to chewing on my couch now.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If 'weight loss pills' actually worked, there would be a hell of a lot more skinnier people in the world, and we'd all be lazy as hell... Pills and supplements always say to use with a healthy lifestyle of a nutritional diet and exercise, if you take them and lose weight, this is likely down to the movement and food than down to the pills. There is nothing which will help weight fall off, you won't magically lose weight from your belly, or your legs, or any problem area.
    Personally, I can't recommend putting anything in your body that you don't know what it means, what it does, or where in the world it comes from.