Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'll come back to this after work.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    my most favorite is my stretch marks and I wear them with pride, since drs told me I would never carry a healthy baby to term and even though I lost 4 I received two of the greatest blessings ever!
    My second will be from the tummy tuck I earned and had 6 months ago that runs from hip to hip but is already fading away LOL
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I was 18, I needed 2 surgeries after I broke my pelvis in several places, including my pubic bone... so you can guess where I have a scar. Luckily I had a good sense of humor when my friends were calling me "frankencrotch". haha

I also have a scar that looks like a bite mark on my forearm from taking a spill while running... my doctor legitimately thought that I was getting beat up and bit by my husband. Nope... just a major klutz.
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    Aww Stacey, I have the exact same trach scar. I am very self conscious about it and grow neck/chest hair to conceal it. Does yours kind of "pucker" if your head is turned a certain way when you swallow?

Every single part of my body has some sort of scar. Yes, every single part...lol. The most obvious is a 10" straight one down my right thigh where they had to cut it open to install fixation after I broke the femur. luckily I heal well and most are barely visible. But there are a few that are still discolored.

yes I do and some time I sit there and rub it so see if I can relax it. I seam to have about a 1/2 inch high the whole lenght of it just above were there is scar tissue prob cause it 2 1/2 months to heal. also when i found out i cant use banaids or tape too. hopefully you still have your voice. befor they put the trak in the tube me and eather i pulled it out or they pulled it too soon and could not get it back in so they trak me and from the tube they scared my left voical cord so i sound like I have a cold and if I try to yell I lose my voice. hopefully my scars will faid some sence they just are from back in sept.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have some good news for you. You will get better.

I too had damaged vocal chords and sounded like I had a cold for a while. I had to use my diaphragm to add bass to my voice until it healed. My vocal range is somewhat limited now, but my speaking voice is normal.

The puckering gets better too. But it can take a while. I recall it was almost impossible to look up and swallow at the same time for a few years. Now it hardly moves at all.

The initial healing was terrible. Healing from the inside out, having a hole in the skin, and that itching that drove me nuts.
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have some good news for you. You will get better.

I too had damaged vocal chords and sounded like I had a cold for a while. I had to use my diaphragm to add bass to my voice until it healed. My vocal range is somewhat limited now, but my speaking voice is normal.

The puckering gets better too. But it can take a while. I recall it was almost impossible to look up and swallow at the same time for a few years. Now it hardly moves at all.

The initial healing was terrible. Healing from the inside out, having a hole in the skin, and that itching that drove me nuts.

Thank you I realy hope so I think out off that I went threw in the last 6 months my voice is what bothered me the most. its weired when I think to my self I hear my old voice but when I talk I hear this messed up one. it has gotten alittle better than it was 2 months ago I can talk longer with out it going away just the sound of it has not gotten any better. the speech doc said it can take upto a year to return back to normal. but Im moving on and trign to get rest of my body healthy and figured in time that will clear up.
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 368
    Options
    A little brown dot remains between my toes from when I was 17/18. I went barefoot around the house, earlier my cat was playing w/ a pink toothpick, it went missing in the carpet (they were shag then). I Impaled my foot into it. I had a long operation getting it out, it was pink, hard for the doc to see in my flesh inside. To think back, ouch!! Suffice to say, no more toothpicks in my home. =/
  • hayesysunshine
    Options
    A small scar on my face due to what i thought was a big spot, but turned out to be a sebaceous cyst, removed and a tiny one on my right wrist (only visible if I bend my hand up) from a dog bite. Nothing very exciting, but I guess there's still time to do myself some more serious damage.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I have a scar through my left eye-brow from back when I used to work tool and die- I was tightening a bolt up over my head on an 18 foot high vinyl injection mold, and my torque wrench slipped and cut my eye open. I fell off the ladder and right onto the hydraulic clamp - I'm lucky it's the only scar I got that day.
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    About two years ago I passed out while taking a shower. I fell out of the tub enclosure and on to the floor. I ended up with a deep gash under my chin. Once I made it home from the ER, I saw blood on the bathroom countertop and realized that I fell and hit it from 4 feet away.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Almost a scar.

I was trying out some resistance bands and thought that I could Increase the resistance if I just pulled on a shorter segment. I was doing a bicep curl and all of the sudden, the band snapped and I punched myself in the head and left a bump.

I was playing catch with a football and I caught a ball at a funny angle. I thought I just jammed one of my fingers. It turned out that the tendon was stronger than the bone and the bone ripped. It's called an emulsion or something like that. I wore a splint on it hoping it would straighten out but I went and re-injured it playing basketball a few years later.
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have three dots on the back of my right arm. My ex-boyfriend's mattress was a very old, very disheveled piece of garbage. The thing was littered with holes, but he didn't have the money to replace it, so we put up with it. Anyway we were rolling around one night and I felt this sharp pinch on my arm, and I couldn't move. Turns out there was a spring poking out of a hole and out of all the things to happen, I somehow managed to get the spring to SPIRAL in and out of my skin three times. My ex had to pull it out for me. I didn't believe him at first when he told me how it was stuck in my arm, but when I saw the scabs, all bets were off.
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left cheek from the corner of my mouth to half way of cheek. I was 7 yrs old when I was attacked by a dog, I was able to get away and run home. Didn't realize that the dog had bit me on my face until I got home and my mother saw me. Didn't feel a thing but once I saw my injury it hurt. Sometimes I forget I have that scar, it doesn't bother me at all. Not even when I was kid.
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    Iv got loads but my biggest is. 3/4 inch on my left inside forearm I went through a glass door when I was 12 I also got a very deep one on my left wrist (went to the bone) an one on my right wrist :ohwell: