Tall People Check In

Options

Replies

• Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    6"1
  • kwhitlock71
    Options
    My BF is 6'6 and i'm only 5'3....it's like living in the land of the giants with him and his family!

I am 6'0 and my problem has always been guys like to date girls like you that are shorter. lol. I have a son that is 6'4 my husband now is 6'2 but my first husband was 5'8 but luckily my boys are looking like they will be tall like me. I hate buying pants they are hard to find long enough ones, but other than that I don't mind being tall.
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    5'11" lady in the hizzzouse!

Group exercise is interesting for us. The smaller folks have no problem keeping up with the instructors, but when your strides are longer, you have to work so much harder to keep up. Someone in another topic I've posted on mentioned that during high knees, everyone is like 1-2-1-2-1-2 and she's still on the way down!

I do kickboxing and it seems to take all day for me to reset my position, compared to others!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP.

The disabilities and unfair treatment of us tall folk have gone on WAY too long,

I, for one, am sick and tired of being asked to reach something for people that can't reach it themselves.

Glad there are other people who feel the same way.

6'2" Checking in.

But, but but.....I just need that cup....the one up there!!
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    6'4 - I love being tall but I know I am going to have plenty of aches and pains as I get older.

Just answer the basketball question with, 'Oh you are 5'1, you must live under a bridge.' Just kidding
    6'3" myself ... I ask them if they play mini-golf.

As for basketball ... I love basketball and tried playing basketball in High School... I kept forgetting it wasn't football... If some idiot is going to stand in front of a 6'3 225lb guy moving full blast down the court... they deserve to be mowed over, don't they?
  • curvycarrie
    curvycarrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying 5"11 and worth the climb!!:wink:
  • Stacy574
    Stacy574 Posts: 58
    Options
    5 ft 10 Im taller than my parents and all 6 siblings. mailmans kid??? idk
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    6 ft here...sucks finding pants with a long enough inseam and cute shoes for my ladies size 13 feet :(
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I'm 5'9". I'm in denial. :grumble:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    What is tall? I have always felt tall for a girl. In school I was always tall. I still feel tall as an adult. I'm the baby of 3 girls but I was always called "the big sister" because I am the tallest...by a good bit. 5'9" here =)
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Rude. Where's the Short People Check In thread?!
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Rude. Where's the Short People Check In thread?!

Just crash this party with me.....together we can dilute the gene pool.
  • Sherae12
    Sherae12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    6' even and......
    I hate being asked "How's the weather up there?"
    Of course I can't find jeans that fit....
    AND THE NICKNAMES ARE THE WORST!!!! Some of my nicknames were...
    1. Jolly Green Giant
    2. Giraffe
    3. Shrek....(because my name is Sherae and they thought they were clever)

Just to name a few... *rolls eyes*
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10.25"... to be exact.

However, I wish I was a little bit taller...

Skee-Lo-I-Wish-520095.jpg
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 ..the problem is every other female in my family is 5'2-4.... I've been called amazon by my sisters since puberty....

Love tall men :bigsmile: :smooched:

Hate wearing heels cause then I'm 6'1 lol
  • JDandBarney
    JDandBarney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'11" here. For me, jackets are always the hardest thing to find! It never fails...I find a cute jacket, try it on, and have 2 inches of arm/wrist sticking out from the end of the sleeve. :grumble:
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    6' 5"

...and no one mentioned finding a vehicle that you fit in well.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Oh and any time I wear a skirt it pretty much becomes a mini-skirt cause I'm leggy lol
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    6' 5"

...and no one mentioned finding a vehicle that you fit in well.

^So true. 6'3" and 245-250- lbs. GRRRRR!
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and my 17 year old son is just about to pass me up... (eye to eye right now!)

But, honestly, I love being tall. My wife is 5'10" and she was captain of her HS basketball team....

You might think that our kids would be giants, but so far only one of our 6 kids (4 boys and 2 girls) has outgrown us (the 17 year old).... The oldest is 19 and the youngest is 1.

Embrace the sky!! Tall people rule!!