• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Great work!

And, I love the Phoenix shirt.

• DivaLuvsDisney
    DivaLuvsDisney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your progress! I'm starting a bulk on Monday and admittedly I was nervous after just reaching goal weight. You've boosted my confidence :flowerforyou:
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Daaamn, 10/10 gorgeous before and after
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I was on maintenance for a few months then finally decided to go on a "cut" for a few months. I've been aiming for just about a 1000-1500 calorie deficit per week (eating around 1800/day). And just hoping to lose 3-4 lbs of fat and hopefully not too much LBM, and then consider a "bulk". I agree it's hard to find anything online of the female experience. It sounds like you're doing great! :happy:
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I'm so glad that this is helping people :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I started a bulk 2.5 weeks ago. How quickly did you see weight increases? I still haven't seen any even though I'm eating ~300 more than what I ate to maintain for several months. When cutting I waited an entire month before making adjustments, but dang I'm impatient lol.
  • Mutant13
    Options
    I only weighed once a month during the bulk and saw a small increase in the first month so give it until then, I know it isn't easy to wait but it's a slow process
  • aarikadanielle
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Definitely have obvious gains! Well done. This is the exact type of plan I will be doing once I am done cutting (been cutting since Nov). I wanna get down to about 18-20% BF and then go through about a 6-8 wk bulk!!!! So this has been really inspiring thank you for posting :)
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PhoenixFitLife
    PhoenixFitLife Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i know that you said that you've gained some fat during your bulk, but to be honest, you look really good and have done a great job of keeping fat gain to a minimum.
    i think you actually look slimmer in your waist in the bottom photo, because your legs looking thicker is creating a slimming effect in your midsection. keep up the great work! u look amazing :)
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    keep going OP!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Fantastic thread, you look bloody amazing girl!!

I was reading up on cutting/bulking earlier in the week...so very nice to read this, thanks!
  • Mutant13
    Options
    i know that you said that you've gained some fat during your bulk, but to be honest, you look really good and have done a great job of keeping fat gain to a minimum.
    i think you actually look slimmer in your waist in the bottom photo, because your legs looking thicker is creating a slimming effect in your midsection. keep up the great work! u look amazing :)

Thanks!
    It's for that reason that I've discovered the fun of trying to find pants that fit my waist and my butt/legs at the same time. It's a mission!
  • Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I only read the first 2 pages, so this may be addressed already BUT If you don't mind me asking... What is bulking and cutting? Also, is this something you do once you reach your goal weight? I'm still somewhat new to the site.

You look amazing btw!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I only read the first 2 pages, so this may be addressed already BUT If you don't mind me asking... What is bulking and cutting? Also, is this something you do once you reach your goal weight? I'm still somewhat new to the site.

You look amazing btw!

OP will probably be able to give a better description as she has actually done it buy ill try anyway! Bulking and cutting are two different phases that you cycle because it's very difficult to cut fat and make decent muscle gains at the same time. Why? Because to cut fat you need to eat at a calorie deficit and to make muscle gains you need to eat at a calorie surplus. (note that beginners can make some muscle gains while lifting on a calorie deficit known as "newbie gains" but then it stops and it's not a huge amount)

For most of us, when you lift on a deficit (still important to do) you are only preserving muscle that's already there and not gaining. So the idea is to cut first to get down to an ideal BF %, and then go through a bulking phase by increasing your calories to a surplus to add on muscle size. Small fat gain is inevitable in this stage which is why you then go back to a cutting phase to get rid of any extra fat gain and still preserve the new muscle that was gained.

Each cycle can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months; it depends on the individual and their goals. You keep alternating these cycles to get to where you want to be and then you can maintain!
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    OP another question for you, what are your macros for your bulking phase? Or do you just focus on the number of calories? My macros are usually about 55c 25p 20f. Wondering if this should be adjusted when I go through my "bulking" phase. I know everyone is different but just curious because you're obviously getting results. You look great! Thanks for posting
  • Mutant13
    Options

You look amazing btw!

OP will probably be able to give a better description as she has actually done it buy ill try anyway! Bulking and cutting are two different phases that you cycle because it's very difficult to cut fat and make decent muscle gains at the same time. Why? Because to cut fat you need to eat at a calorie deficit and to make muscle gains you need to eat at a calorie surplus. (note that beginners can make some muscle gains while lifting on a calorie deficit known as "newbie gains" but then it stops and it's not a huge amount)

For most of us, when you lift on a deficit (still important to do) you are only preserving muscle that's already there and not gaining. So the idea is to cut first to get down to an ideal BF %, and then go through a bulking phase by increasing your calories to a surplus to add on muscle size. Small fat gain is inevitable in this stage which is why you then go back to a cutting phase to get rid of any extra fat gain and still preserve the new muscle that was gained.

Each cycle can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months; it depends on the individual and their goals. You keep alternating these cycles to get to where you want to be and then you can maintain!

This covers it pretty perfectly
  • Mutant13
    Options
    OP another question for you, what are your macros for your bulking phase? Or do you just focus on the number of calories? My macros are usually about 55c 25p 20f. Wondering if this should be adjusted when I go through my "bulking" phase. I know everyone is different but just curious because you're obviously getting results. You look great! Thanks for posting

I worked on a rough 40p 30f 30c, but was somewhat flexible about it, having more carbs or fat when I felt like I needed it
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Mutie!

4 pages in, and I haven't seen one poster body shaming you because you dared put on muscle.

I actually have hope for this place today.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Mutant13
    Options
    Pshaw, thanks buddy ;)