getting a FR rejected...

Options

Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Eventually it turns into one of those things you only remember when you have a little too much to drink and start looking back at your life..

is there an MFP equivalent of late night drunk dialing?

hmmmmm..................................

It's called tinychat

I will neither confirm nor deny my involvement in such activities...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    The best rejections are the ones who are friends with everyone but you and you get to see them everywhere and be reminded over ... and over ... and over ... about how you just weren't good enough for them ... it's like an emotional rollercoaster around here man!!! :sad:

This!! It makes you question your self worth.

This why I never sent a friend request on this website, I'm afraid the rejection will bring back the fat me and make me eat all the ice cream and pop tarts.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    *patpat* There there, dear. This reminds me of the saying, "Be kind to everyone you meet, for each person is facing some sort of battle". Your battle shall be over soon, dear. Hold strong thy fort.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I have had a few, i don't care. I already know they have their head where the sun don't shine, i don't want people like that on my friend's list.
    So then...why did you send them a FR?
    I didn't know that. I was aware by the action they took. I give anyone and everyone a fair chance. I even wrote on my profile to send a message, sometimes people don't and i still accept.

Well dude. You can't write "Send a message" and then except people when they don't send a message. That sends a weak message.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    The best rejections are the ones who are friends with everyone but you and you get to see them everywhere and be reminded over ... and over ... and over ... about how you just weren't good enough for them ... it's like an emotional rollercoaster around here man!!! :sad:

This calls for psychoanalysis! Tell me about your mother.

Sigmund-Freud-photo1_zps0a0424e6.jpg
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

So... the only reason someone would reject a FR is because there's something wrong with them?

Sounds legit.

Totes.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I sent one to a regular here who's name reminds me of an awesome Nickelodeon show.... [the only reason why I sent the FR to begin with. I figured, that if she knew about the show well she must be awesome..... guess not, lol]

I guess she didn't get the reference because I sent her a gif of the actual show... bahahahah [LAME..... that show is awesome]
    I think she might have thought I said she looked like the gif or something, I don't know, bahahaha

tell us more!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't send FRs. They come in me.

I know I did.
  • Bmoviemama
    Options
    where is your other hand in the pic!!! LOL
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Eventually it turns into one of those things you only remember when you have a little too much to drink and start looking back at your life..

is there an MFP equivalent of late night drunk dialing?

hmmmmm..................................

It's called tinychat

I will neither confirm nor deny my involvement in such activities...

What is this tinychat thing you refer to?

Never heard of it...

*whistles*
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I sent one to a regular here who's name reminds me of an awesome Nickelodeon show...

Salute Your Shorts?

Nope
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I outed someone and they deleted me...whoops!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    start over with a new persona and pic
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I don't send FRs. They come in me.

I know I did.

Nice!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    How do you know that a FR gets rejected? Do you get a notification? Or do they tell you they are rejecting you?

I stalk people to see how many times they post or reply to a mutuals feed after I've sent the request.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

No, there's no way to tell whether it was rejected or just allowed to sit in their queue because they feel bad about hitting the "decline" button.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

You get a red peg and you insert it into one of your battleships. If you get too many red pegs, the whole thing basically ****ing explodes.
  • zgrapejuice
    zgrapejuice Posts: 13 Member
    Options

This!! It makes you question your self worth.

This why I never sent a friend request on this website, I'm afraid the rejection will bring back the fat me and make me eat all the ice cream and pop tarts.

Mmmmmm.....Pop Tarts.....
    homer_simpson_drooling.gif