Tall People Check In

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    For my ladies with big feet because of being so tall try drag queen shops ..... They carry much larger shoes sizes and you can order them online.... Also might be a good sopt to find taller clothes
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'8.....I love being tall. And hey thats true I always get asked " SWEEEEEEEEEETIE? Do you play basket ballll? " Im like yeah!
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    6'4"

Apparently built like a gorilla, because I wear a size 37 sleeve.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    so tell me why is it ok to say... "omg you're tall"! and yet offensive if I say "omg you are short"!

I usually say, "Yes, yes I am indeed"... but when at the bar, and if they're drunk, I'll often say "NO WAY, ARE YOU SERIOUS?"
  • CWK1000
    CWK1000 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm a 6'1 male. i've been asked "How tall are you? 6'4?" or sometimes 6'3.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if I'm considered tall at 5'8 anymore. I've been told otherwise :sad:
  • kaperlinger
    kaperlinger Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'11. Even though shopping for clothes is a pain I love being tall!
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    6.4 and 6.4 in my heels :-)
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Being tall and hugging people creates an awkward air gap in between unless you pick them up and squeeze em! Or they hug their face into your boobs. Which happens. All the time. Tall people hugging tall people is where it's at!
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    6'3" here

Don't forget the worst part about being tall, hitting your head and tripping over everything, while your torso get's saved. Maybe the kicking is just me because I have huge feet, lol.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 ft tall my heels add another 3 to 4 inches.
    At school the boys ignored me then they grew up and realised an Amazonian woman is a sexy woman.
    My hubby is 5 ft 7.
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    6' even and......
    I hate being asked "How's the weather up there?"
    Of course I can't find jeans that fit....
    AND THE NICKNAMES ARE THE WORST!!!! Some of my nicknames were...
    1. Jolly Green Giant
    2. Giraffe
    3. Shrek....(because my name is Sherae and they thought they were clever)

Just to name a few... *rolls eyes*

I was called Jolly Green Giant and Big Bird but was always in good humour.
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP.

The disabilities and unfair treatment of us tall folk have gone on WAY too long,

I, for one, am sick and tired of being asked to reach something for people that can't reach it themselves.

Glad there are other people who feel the same way.

6'2" Checking in.

Sadeface...Guess I should just start carrying a step stool at all times.:sad:
  • biddy81
    biddy81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    5'10" all the tall guys liked short girls when I was in high school....my husband is 5'8"...lol!!!

I hear that... I'm at least only 5'8", but only the short guys seemed to like me ever. My hubby's 5'10", but I like heels!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    6'-3" here.

I think the benefits of being taller outweigh the negatives by a long shot. Except on airplanes. Just a note: for courtesy, when your seat doesn't recline because the guy behind you has his legs wedged between his seat and yours, it's not nice to bounce against the seat back to try to make it recline. It ain't happening!
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    6'0"

I get irritated with men telling me I have to be 6'3" because they are 6'0"... Delusional.

Lol! Men tell me I must be at least 6', because they're 5'10."

No, you silly fool. I'm 5'10" . . . you're 5'8"
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    5'10" all the tall guys liked short girls when I was in high school....my husband is 5'8"...lol!!!

I hear that... I'm at least only 5'8", but only the short guys seemed to like me ever. My hubby's 5'10", but I like heels!

Ya, that is all that would date me was the short guys...lol....My husband actually loves it when I wear high heels...he says he feels proud to be with a tall blonde...Whatever height is just a number it's all about the person. :)
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I enjoy being tall now. Just not growing up with all the boys were much shorter. Thankfully, my husband is just a tad shorter. Honestly, I don't run into many tall men. It amazes me how many short men I am in contact with each day.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm 6"5', but heels add another 3 inches... :laugh:
  • Stacy574
    Stacy574 Posts: 58
    Options
    I love wearing heels but my hubby is 6 ft 2 and when I wear heels I am as tall or taller than he is. He made the mistake of saying men are supposed to be taller, I t6ld him He knew I was tall when he met me it wasnt like I said 6 months later oh by the way Im almost 6 ft tall duh! He doesnt like the looks I get when I wear my f**k me heels. lol