Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

getting a FR rejected...

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I think if not having a FR accepted that you sent really bothers you that much to the point you let it bother you, you lose sleep, or you start making negative assumptions about a person's character....it might be time to take a break from the interwebs. Just saying.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    And then sometimes, you wanna be friends cuz they have hot hot legs, but the profile is set to private. So you send the FR and the rest of them is not really that hot....and you're like....well..now what should I do.....true story.

So you sent a FR to a girl who you thought had "hot hot legs" ... and she accepted ... but when you got to see the rest of her you regretted sending the request? Damn that's kinda harsh ...

Side Note: Considering I have a leg pic up AND a private profile, I guess I can be thankful that it is not I who you are talking about since we've never been friends. :huh:

why do people get so serious. You do have really hot smokin' legs!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    And then sometimes, you wanna be friends cuz they have hot hot legs, but the profile is set to private. So you send the FR and the rest of them is not really that hot....and you're like....well..now what should I do.....true story.

So you sent a FR to a girl who you thought had "hot hot legs" ... and she accepted ... but when you got to see the rest of her you regretted sending the request? Damn that's kinda harsh ...

Side Note: Considering I have a leg pic up AND a private profile, I guess I can be thankful that it is not I who you are talking about since we've never been friends. :huh:

catbusiness.gif?1321252844
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Oh FFS it's just a FR.. who cares if they reject or accept. Whatever, the world keeps turning DAYS OF OUR LIVES.....
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member

You should see the REST of her!!! :love:
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member

leaving things without closure isn't right either...

why not? what's closure for you isn't necessarily for them. It's not like you were in a relationship. Even if just dating, or at any stage of an interaction, it's enough for someone to say "no thanks" without having to explain or justify. It's great when we get some feedback, sure, but that hardly ever happens in life.

Most often we don't get closure and there's no obligation, no "should" about it. People are free to go about their lives. They don't owe us anything, especially on such a superficial level like friend requests on a social media site.

Holding all these shoulds and expectations and obligations for someone is so heavy and unappealing. It feels like a prison sentence and emotional manipulation, and codependency.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member

Sounds like something someone would say to help them sleep at night.

Jof, "joffing" is when you friend someone and then delete them. You should know; you invented that move.

You keep on trying to say i am wrong in my thoughts. Yet you haven't said anything about yours. So tell me under what situations have you personally declined people?

I personally decline people for way too many reasons to list here. Am I judging? Hell yes, I am.

Is that my right to determine who I want on my friend list by any criteria I choose? Of course.

And should other people decide that the only reason I declined is because I'm an a**hole? Well, I mean, that's their right. But it doesn't MAKE them right.

It's the "sour grapes" mentality. "They declined me? Oh well, I didn't want to be friends with them anyway, they must be a total b!tch for not accepting cuz there's nothing at all wrong with ME."

Yeah, totally agree on this.

Reminds me of the people (usually women, but not always) who say the only reason anyone doesn't agree with them or adore them is that they must be jealous. I mean.... wut?

In reality, rejecting a FR is no reflection on either person, and anyone who believes it is clearly is inflating the whole thing to an absurd level of importance.

I doubt i am sour, i might be, but i doubt it. I will agree partially wit the second part. There are many reasons why people don't accept FR... I get that, but it should be stated why in their profile. the conditions.

I even wrote on my profile why some people may not like me. maybe i sent a FR to someone and they read my profile and realized we have nothing in common and didn't accept. I got no issue with that.

If they did, they should email me or something saying "yeah i read your proifle, i don't think we'd make good friends." or something you know?

I guess my issue is more wit the "why didn't they?" If someone said, "it's because you seem like a complete jack *kitten*" i wouldn't care. I guess i am just looking for closure.

So then yes, you're looking for something to help you sleep at night.

Ok, cool. Fair enough.

You do realize that there will be many, many situations in your life, both severe and like this instance, where you will never get closure? The notion of "closure" is neither realistic nor your demand to make in most cases where people want it most.

In my stupider days of youth, when I was on vacation at my cousin's wedding, a smoking hot man showed up poolside out of the blue and persuaded me to come to his hotel room and hook up with him. (I was 19, he was probably thirty.) Then he gave me his phone number and e-mail, promised he'd keep in touch... I emailed and called many times over the next several months, and he never answered a single time. For all I know it could've been someone else's info.

The point is, my obsessing over the need for "closure" was actually what held me back from moving on, and once I realized I was upset over something I couldn't control, I was finally able to let go and not let that event hold any weight over my life any more. I created my own "closure" in my own mind, and that's good enough. The only mind you can control is your own, after all.

I just hope that you don't take absence of closure this hard in other contexts of life, and I'm not being mean when I say that.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    newsfeed
  • NormInv
    As a general rule of thumb, when the internet starts getting too serious for you, you are doing it wrong. Not saying you cannot find true love or friendship on the net, but if early rejection is making you lose sleep, you need to distance yourself from your 'puter.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    As a general rule of thumb, when the internet starts getting too serious for you, you are doing it wrong. Not saying you cannot find true love or friendship on the net, but if early rejection is making you lose sleep, you need to distance yourself from your 'puter.

my torso is worried you wont like my head.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

Bwahahahaha to both of you.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    We're not good enough? :cry:
  • Man, people here take this place to seriously. Life's to short to worry about some silly person rejecting you.
  • NormInv

There's only one way to find out.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I'm confused as to how accepting a FR is now considered a RULE.

I'm also confused as to how declining a FR is now being compared to cyber bullying.

A reportable offense, to be sure.

Welcome to MCFP "My Communist Fitness Pal"!
    LONG LIVE THE MODERATOR!

Don't you mean the Moderator Party?

All Hail!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    You need better junk pics.
  • anastasiabeaver
    anastasiabeaver Posts: 11 Member
    I haven't been rejected. Yet...
    Dude I want to friend you on your profile pick alone.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Lots of lolzzzz here :laugh:
  • ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member

Sounds like something someone would say to help them sleep at night.

Jof, "joffing" is when you friend someone and then delete them. You should know; you invented that move.

You keep on trying to say i am wrong in my thoughts. Yet you haven't said anything about yours. So tell me under what situations have you personally declined people?

I personally decline people for way too many reasons to list here. Am I judging? Hell yes, I am.

Is that my right to determine who I want on my friend list by any criteria I choose? Of course.

And should other people decide that the only reason I declined is because I'm an a**hole? Well, I mean, that's their right. But it doesn't MAKE them right.

It's the "sour grapes" mentality. "They declined me? Oh well, I didn't want to be friends with them anyway, they must be a total b!tch for not accepting cuz there's nothing at all wrong with ME."

Yeah, totally agree on this.

Reminds me of the people (usually women, but not always) who say the only reason anyone doesn't agree with them or adore them is that they must be jealous. I mean.... wut?

In reality, rejecting a FR is no reflection on either person, and anyone who believes it is clearly is inflating the whole thing to an absurd level of importance.

I doubt i am sour, i might be, but i doubt it. I will agree partially wit the second part. There are many reasons why people don't accept FR... I get that, but it should be stated why in their profile. the conditions.

I even wrote on my profile why some people may not like me. maybe i sent a FR to someone and they read my profile and realized we have nothing in common and didn't accept. I got no issue with that.

If they did, they should email me or something saying "yeah i read your proifle, i don't think we'd make good friends." or something you know?

I guess my issue is more wit the "why didn't they?" If someone said, "it's because you seem like a complete jack *kitten*" i wouldn't care. I guess i am just looking for closure.

So then yes, you're looking for something to help you sleep at night.

Ok, cool. Fair enough.

You need CLOSURE on an unaccepted FR?!?! That is beyond absurd, in my opinion.

You have over 400 friends on your FL....are you in contact with each of them on a regular basis? I have zero interest in trying to keep up with that many strangers. I have a small FL, but I am very close with them and I am able to offer support to every one of them as much as they may need.

These are complete and total strangers....who cares if they don't want to know you?? Holy hell...
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member

There's only one way to find out.

Its mmk, I know I am ugly.:flowerforyou: