C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    what's the best Iphone app for this ? doesn't anyone know.

thanks.
    I'm using C25k Free and enjoy it.
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is Week 2 Day 3 for me! Goal is to complete the program before baby #2 is born to my wife and I on May 10.
  • healthyfitjenn
    healthyfitjenn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just started this past week - did W1D2 today!

Feel free to add me!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2, day 3 of C25K tomorrow. I'm not a runner, so I'm willing to repeat a week if I am struggling. (So far, so good though.) Feel free to add me :)
  • Akdn
    Options
    W4D3 complete today. A little worried about week 5 tho. It seems to make quite a jump that I don't think I'm ready for. I may just end up repeating week 4, I'm not sure yet.
  • tiffles17
    tiffles17 Posts: 28
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 tonight! Started it over to quicken my pace :-) Feel free to add me!
  • emzilee
    emzilee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did W5D2 last week and have been slowly building up to that terrifying 20-minute beast since then - today was 15 minutes then 5 then 4, yesterday was 12 and 12... I'll get there!

I'm going home for a week from tomorrow so no treadmill for 10 days - so I'll be trying to run outside for the first time!
  • StephieClay
    Options
    I did this program last summer, it's fabulous! I might take it up again this summer to get my outdoor running back to where it was. Good luck!
  • Akdn
    Options
    W5D1 completed this morning =)

@emzilee I'm worried about that day too lol. It sure seems like quite a jump to me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I found the secret to actually being able to jog for more than a minute... It was to stop bouncing and slow the heck down! Does anyone know their speed as a VERY beginner? I am pretty certain I could walk along side my "run" but I guess everyone starts somewhere. Also, I have been running on a trail vs. the road. Will that be a problem it I switch back and forth? Or train on the trail but race on the road? Are there dual purpose shoes? so confused but still at it!!!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D1 today - haven't been on treadmill since Thurs - I struggled today - distance was 2.6 burning 256 cals
  • Akdn
    Options
    W5D2 complete today!! Still quite worried about D3. 20 minutes is quite the jump from a 8 minute run.

@highervibes I wish I had some answers for you but I'm all new to this too. I did go running with my Dad last week in the Bog on gravel trails and I found it really hurt my hips, uneven ground. He runs down there all time and is use to it but I'm not. My pace was way off my usual too. For now I'm just going to stick with what I've been doing, sidewalk/road, but too each their own I guess =)
  • phillrachel
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I just completed week 1 of this 8 week 5k program. It was pretty easy but I have a feeling by week 4 I'll be wanting to quit. Signed up for my first 5k in June and have never run 3 miles in my life so I need to stick to the training so I can run that race.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    W5D2 complete today!! Still quite worried about D3. 20 minutes is quite the jump from a 8 minute run.

@highervibes I wish I had some answers for you but I'm all new to this too. I did go running with my Dad last week in the Bog on gravel trails and I found it really hurt my hips, uneven ground. He runs down there all time and is use to it but I'm not. My pace was way off my usual too. For now I'm just going to stick with what I've been doing, sidewalk/road, but too each their own I guess =)

Thanks :) I try and stay off the roads because I live in a small town and I would have to run all around it to hit 5k so I go on the trails instead. It's also nice that no one can hear me swear at my phone when it doesn't say "brisk walk" before I'm ready to keel over LOL (and I"m only in week 2 lol) I did get fit for some proper shoes (apparently I pronate, whatever that means... just means I need ugly shoes in my mind lol) I'm going to try the road and see if it's better. Maybe. lol
  • victorshnaydruk
    victorshnaydruk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    add meeee!!!
  • happymom2013
    Options
    Starting Week 5 Day 1 tomorrow!! :)
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    have done two of them you are welcome to add me
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I completed the program last year around the end of summer...Starting to run again after taking the winter off and plan to use it to get me running again and improve my speed at the same time....

Feel free to add me...
  • stepnerd
    stepnerd Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just did my first 5k!! Week 9 of the app I've been using is 4.8k, but I just kept running for the extra 200m to make it an even 5k...
    Feeling very proud :)
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is W3D3 for me anyone wants to add me feel free.