The udder truth

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else heard of a "Dairy Barbara?" Or is that just a WI thing?

I haven't, but I think I like her already.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and think that their opinions are more valuable then yours are more than likely the unhappiest and most uneducated of us all. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    Thanks again for your input ! :flowerforyou:
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

We're also the only animals that cook our food - do you intend to stop doing that too?

Eventually I think a whole raw food diet would be ideal......why is there some drawbacks to "cooking' food?

Noooooo, but we're the only species that do that too. (well possibly a monkey but I'm waiting for the pics)

Hmmmm raw chicken - tasty.

Edit (I'm in the dairy is ok group just in case you were confused)

Oh that's only because I'm a human. I'm not a fox or a tiger so thats why I currently "cook" my meats- it's not safe for me to eat it raw- since I'm not an infant anymore and can't live on my mothers milk. :wink:
    And Oh!:noway: You didn't think I would eat raw chicken did you? Wait. You may have---- I meant eventually a plant base raw diet would be ideal for me. Not that I can ever get there but if I could that's the way I would. :smile:
    Anything more of my opinions you would be interested in knowing?

So nice to see that you missed my point completely. Don't worry - I know everything about you that I will ever need to. :noway:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what is udder? do you mean otter...or utter?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Dairy is linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS

Watch this video: tobecrude.wordpress.com/

and don't forget my personal favorite ..making you drop dead within one hour of drinking it....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    MILK IS FOR MAMMALS!!!!
    taq0qc.jpg
    6ib6v4.png
    9h1i12.png
    2yxpvtd.jpg
    2wd7nzp.jpg

Notice how all of those animals are:
    A) getting it straight from the source
    B) Are baby mammals

There ya go....

Birddrinkingmilk_zps271330a5.jpg

Not a baby, not a mammal and not getting it from the source
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and understand that their facts are more valuable than your opinions are more than likely right and based on data. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:
    I myself am trying to get off the dairy train......my aunt and uncle who have been farmers all of their lives hate to hear it. But for the most part this is proven for MY BODY- I feel better and my skin and hair looks better when I don't have much dairy.
    We ARE after all one of the only mammals that drink another animals milk into adulthood. Most animals STOP after infancy and you don't really see an adult elephant drinking from an adult giraffes breast. Just saying :drinker:

Fixed it for you

You're so funny! :laugh: How can you even handle yourself? :laugh:
    But no, I didn't need you to "fix" anything for me. Thanks though honey :wink:

Continue to think opinions are as valid as facts. That will get you far, pumpkin.

But sweetie pie....it's a "fact" that I feel better when I don't eat/drink dairy- or do you think it's just my opinion? :ohwell:

Oh but hunny bunch... it's a fact that I feel better when I do have dairy products... but it's still just an opinion...and based on ONE person's experience.

I get less leg cramps when I drink cow's milk.
    And soy milk which does not have the health benefits of cow's milk gives me the S^&*s.

Okay... based on two people's experience lol :drinker:

The pup in your ticker is adorable by the way :smile:
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Dairy is linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS

Linked how, exactly? Was it seen leaving the crime scene? INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

LOL!!!!!!!! You made me actually chuckle out loud at work!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    The chemicals in today's food is highly addictive! People do not over eat because they are hungry.
    People are over fed and under nourished. We can agree to disagree, but I am merely stating the scientific evidence.
    What you're telling me then is that every other time in history people exercised, except for now right- wrong!
    The difference between now and 50 years ago is the FOOD! Yes people over eat, but the food that people are eating is tricking their bodies into thinking they need more food. People are becoming over fed and under nourished.
    Choose to do as you want, but I choose to spread the truth- read the abstract for the scientific paper I posted, watch "forks over knives" or read "the china study" and get back to me. Would love to further discuss. I appreciate the dialogue.

Righhhhhht so people are obese because of the chemicals and not because they choose to eat mcdonalds and ding dongs all day with zero exercise. This sounds like a lazy person wanting to blame their problem on something else...so blame it on the dairy, or the chemicals, or whatever random thing it is that you want to reach for ....

Its pretty simple..if you sit on your a$% all day and do nothing and overeat you will be Obese...its not because of some chemical....
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for the information! I think it's really sad that someone can't state their opinions without being attacked on here. But I hope you know the ones who get so upset and understand that their facts are more valuable than your opinions are more than likely right and based on data. Thats what I remind myself whenever I see such bitter people getting so angry on here anyway :wink:

Fixed it for you

Continue to think opinions are as valid as facts. That will get you far, pumpkin.

But sweetie pie....it's a "fact" that I feel better when I don't eat/drink dairy- or do you think it's just my opinion? :ohwell:

Oh but hunny bunch... it's a fact that I feel better when I do have dairy products... but it's still just an opinion...and based on ONE person's experience.

Love dollface??...."it's a fact.........but it's still just an opinion?" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I will give you time to rest your mind now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes I'm sorry my opinion is the one I can give! :laugh:
  • helyla
    Options
    The chemicals in today's food is highly addictive! People do not over eat because they are hungry.
    People are over fed and under nourished. We can agree to disagree, but I am merely stating the scientific evidence.
    What you're telling me then is that every other time in history people exercised, except for now right- wrong!
    The difference between now and 50 years ago is the FOOD! Yes people over eat, but the food that people are eating is tricking their bodies into thinking they need more food. People are becoming over fed and under nourished.
    Choose to do as you want, but I choose to spread the truth- read the abstract for the scientific paper I posted, watch "forks over knives" or read "the china study" and get back to me. Would love to further discuss. I appreciate the dialogue.

Righhhhhht so people are obese because of the chemicals and not because they choose to eat mcdonalds and ding dongs all day with zero exercise. This sounds like a lazy person wanting to blame their problem on something else...so blame it on the dairy, or the chemicals, or whatever random thing it is that you want to reach for ....

Its pretty simple..if you sit on your a$% all day and do nothing and overeat you will be Obese...its not because of some chemical....

that's pretty much what I argued with her and someone else about on here... the fact that she was taking the responsibility away from the person that gained the weight.. :drinker:
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    After reading the <strike> powerful data and research based </strike> arguments presented by the anti milk posters on this thread I went and made a fish pie for dinner.
    The fish was in a milk based sauce and the mash on top was made with milk and butter and I gratin-ed the top with the help of a grated chunk of mature cheddar. It was delicious (if I say so myself) and I enjoyed every calorie of it (earned by doing a bit of a jog + brisk walk in the park).

Anyway for the record the biggest consumers of cheese in the world are Greece 31.1kg per person per year, France 26.1 kg (against USA 14.8 kg)
    All that dairy is affecting the health of the Greek and French in terrible ways, you just have to look at their life expectancy at birth to see how they are dropping like flies ie France: life expectancy at birth over 81 years, Greece just over 80 years (it's around 78 years for the US)
    Remind me again how eating dairy is going to send me to an early grave.

As for all the "toddler x stopped eating dairy and he no longer has glue ear/ eczema", that's an anecdote, not data. It also fails to take into account that both conditions tend to improve with time and many babies and toddlers outgrow both of them with no intervention of any kind.
    You might have well have said, my child stopped eating dairy and 6 months later I had to buy a new pair of shoes. Not eating dairy made their feet grow.
    If you want to go along and use anecdotes my youngest has childhood eczema. For the longest time he didn't like dairy products (not sure if it was the taste of the texture which offended him but no milk/cheese/yoghurt passed his lips once he moved on to solids and had stopped getting Mummy Juice) move along to around his 2nd birthday and his tastes are evolving and milk is suddenly where it's at, cheese is yummy and he can't get enough of yoghurt, his eczema is also improving, no open sores any more and any flare up is easily tamed with emollient creams. Should I conclude that dairy made his eczema better or just that he is outgrowing the worst of it ?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I completely understand people's defensive reaction to this post, but please do the research. The milk industry spends hundreds of millions of dollars just in advertisement. They have programed people to think that dairy is needed, but ask someone that's Lacto-Intolerant, you can very easily get calcium from other means. Actually, there is a correlation between countries with high dairy intake and osteoporosis. This is because calcium from dairy does not get absorbed by the body in the same way as calcium from say broccoli.
    I am not telling people NOT to consume dairy, I am merely pointing our that if you have certain conditions, you might want to think about the amount of dairy you consume. Do an experiment- try cutting it down (out) for a week, see how you feel. If you feel better, great! If not, go back to dairy.
    I am not dogmatic, I just want to spread the knowledge that has been passed onto me, and has made such a difference in my health and quality of life.
    That is not what you said in your OP. You just stated "milk is linked to causing these illness" and then proceeded to list almost every ailment known to God and man.

Never once did you mention lacto intolerance.

Your original post is scaremongering at its best.

I didn't mean that just lacto people have these symptoms a lot of people can drink dairy and have aggrevated symptoms. I just meant that people who are lacto or vegan or choose not to drink dairy, have ALL found ways to get their calcium.
    Look obviously, people will eat whatever they are going to eat, but if people want to really educate themselves on the truth about the food industry then will be healthier for it. We have an obesity epidemic in this country - why do you think this is? Because the "food" that people are eating is NOT the same food as it was before. It's refined, highly processed, full of chemicals, and body altering ingredients.

I doubt there are very many people here who only drink milk to get their calcium. I think the vast majority of us know that there are plenty of other ways to get calcium. We drink it because we like it.

Also, I get my milk from a local dairy that is certified humane, allows the cows to milk themselves, doesn't give the cows growth hormones, and doesn't give them antibiotics unless they are actually sick. Plus, they deliver my dairy products and eggs (and pickles, they have the best pickles) to my door on a weekly basis. It is fabulous. You should totally try it.

wait the cows milk themselves? is this some kind of four ring circus dairy farm?
  • helyla
    Options

Fixed it for you

Love dollface??...."it's a fact.........but it's still just an opinion?" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I will give you time to rest your mind now. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yes I'm sorry my opinion is the one I can give! :laugh:

I was making fun of the way you said it and your condescending nature since you joined this thread. Sorry I have to spell it out for you.

"Yes I'm sorry my opinion is the one I can give!" - but now you've changed your mind and say it's an opinion...when a few minutes ago you argued it was a fact?

Let me give you time to get your story straight.
  • ndj1979
    Options

that's pretty much what I argued with her and someone else about on here... the fact that she was taking the responsibility away from the person that gained the weight.. :drinker:

LOL this is probably a troll thread ...but I am waiting on laundry and find it amusing...
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Dairy is linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS

And yet, I have none of this. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE!!!
  • helyla
    Options

LOL this is probably a troll thread ...but I am waiting on laundry and find it amusing...

yeah, I'm waiting to get out of work and it's making the time go by, and I'm chuckling at the "logic" of some!
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You forgot, gas and diarrhea for some peeps.
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    uhmmmm, Actually they're highly respected doctors!

T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.
    Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., M.D.
    Sorry, but members of the PCRM are NOT highly respected doctors. Every "doctor" who's involved in Forks Over Knives and that endorses "The China Study" is a member of the PCRM, which has been repeatedly censured by the American Medical Association.

Here's a little bit of information on what the American Medical Association has to say about your "respected doctors" ...

The American Medical Association (AMA), which actually represents the medical profession, has called PCRM a “fringe organization” that uses “unethical tactics” and is “interested in perverting medical science.”PCRM is a font of medical disinformation. The group has argued, with a straight face, that experiments involving animal subjects “interfere with new drug development.” PCRM even rejects the consensus of the respectable medical community by claiming that animal experimentation “leads AIDS research astray.”

PCRM discourages Americans from making donations to health charities like the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, the American Foundation for AIDS Research, the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, the American Red Cross, and even Boys Town. All because they support research that requires animals, in order to cure human diseases. PCRM’s multi-year crusade against the March of Dimes, which includes protests directed at March walkers, volunteers, and donors, has been reported widely.

A January 23, 2002 article by the Cybercast News Service further reveals PCRM’s duplicity:

A Harvard professor is denouncing efforts by an animal rights group to show a link between milk and cancer, accusing it of misrepresenting his research. The group Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is using the research of Dr. Daniel Cramer, M.D. to support a recent ad campaign that claims milk and dairy products contribute to “obesity, ear infections, constipation, respiratory problems, heart disease, and some cancers.”

But Cramer said those conclusions are false and that his research never supported such claims … “I think that particular group has their own sort of agenda, of not wanting milk production around, and cows to be utilized,” said Cramer. “Their agenda is that [they] don’t want … cows exploited or they want everybody to be vegetarians,” Cramer said.

Much more information about your "respected doctors" ... i mean animal activists is available here: http://activistcash.com/organizations/23-physicians-committee-for-responsible-medicine/
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    GotMilkFeb08.jpg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Dairy is linked to:
    Acne
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Autism
    Breast Cancer
    Colon Cancer
    Constipation
    Cramps
    Depression
    Diabetes
    Diarrhea
    Ear Infections
    Eczema
    Emphysema
    Headaches
    High Cholesterol
    Hyperactivity
    Increased mucus
    AND YES OSTEOPOROSIS

And yet, I have none of this. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE!!!

Just finished two servings of cheese, waiting for one of these to happen....

ETA: These are my third and fourth servings for the day. Already had some with breakfast and lunch, will have more right before bed.