Replies

• goldengirl28
    goldengirl28 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i have never used any diet pills or supplements and was able to get to 12 to 13% body fat with diet and exercise....
    And the truth is you DON'T need them to get there. I'm in a cutting-phase right now, and typically lose about 4 lbs a week while doing so. I lose roughly 1lb a week MORE if I use an ECA stack - but with OR without it I'll reach my goal weight. EVERYBODY will.

If people think they NEED a pill/supplement/whatever to lose weight, they're wrong. Diet and/or exercise needs to be tweaked.
  • ZackDannigan
    Options
    Hey, I actually own a blog where I review what products work and what doesn't work. I lost 110 pounds last year, but up until last year I had failed to lose weight so many times. I was actually becoming very depressed and even on the edge of a mental break down. My weight and health was way out of control. Luckily, I decided to take control of my life and do something about it. A long the way though, I did find out what products actually worked and what doesn't work. It's all on my blog, including my entire story.

Check out my latest video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMMV7dHy9yI
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Does anyone knows any good fat burning tablets or appetite suppressants or weight loss pills?!?! Obviously with the help of. Exercise and dietary? Please help otherwise I'll be buying a waste of time xz

It's a pretty big "pill," but eating a whole head of cauliflower a day or pound of steamed spinach for lunch helps.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    edit. :)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to do what you choose, but be careful and choose correctly, many of the dietesque pills can have negative affects on liver, kidneys, etc.
  • ton40orbust
    ton40orbust Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm very anti-diet pill. I actually formed an addiction to them and I have heart problems now from using them.

However if you want my advice, go for a natural supplement, B12 or Green Tea supplements supposedly work well.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    i used lipozene before..helped me out, and this was when i was eating like a pig and NOT working out..good luck finding the best one for you
  • NoleGirl0918
    NoleGirl0918 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I take Catalyst from Advocare. No jittery side effects but, seems to help maintain muscle tone when you are excersing and on trying to lose on a lower calorie diet that and tons of water with lemon slices in it. I can't take anything with caffeine or I will be climbing the walls
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Most of them are just junk with caffine. Take a metabolism multivitamin, like OneADay Women's Metabolism. Its cheap easy and its like drinking a cup of coffee. Portion control comes over time and for most people it is less about being hungry and more about liking food. If you are an emotional eater then take something for mood enhancement, if you are a boredom eater then fix your boredom, if you are a stress eater then find a way to relax, if hormones are causing the problem go to you doctor and get them in check. Diet pills only mask the symptoms. Taking them is a recipe for failure in the long run.

Excellent advice!
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself. If there was a pill that worked - don't you think we'd all be on it and the nation's obesity rates would be drastically lowered?

Pretty much!
    [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Most of the diet pills on the market do nothing but rev up your metabolism and the stuff in them are not good for you in the long run.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... Just wait for all the anti-diet pill responses, not saying I blame them but I know you are just looking for a general answer (and you understand exercise and healthy eating).

Look into natural SUPPLEMENTS.. green tea extract w/ caffeine work nicely for some to suppress appetite and increase metabolism, Conjugated lineolic acid is nice to add if you have a lot of fat to lose (so let's say you are 40% body fat) - I've liked CLA cause it's worked for me before Dr. Oz mentioned it on TV.

And if anyone says blah blah green tea (for example) is a waste of money.. go check out Bodybuilding.com where thousands use natural supplements and get great results. If you want to spend the money, go for it. If you don't, don't. Ignore those who will respond with ignorant posts e.g. It's a waste of money.

yea but is it the supplements or the constant work with weights and attention to diet that gets great results..I will go with the later...just saying...oh and i still love dixie whiskey lol :)

In my personal experience, I've been a gym rat and made no progress in regards to BF% with good eating habits (for example).. tried CLA last year with the same workout and eating habits, lost 10%. Can't argue with my own personal experience but I am sure someone out there is going to try to. I know my body though ;)

i have never used any diet pills or supplements and was able to get to 12 to 13% body fat with diet and exercise....

Well you were kinda already fit to begin with starting at 12-13%, that's if I am understanding what you wrote.. not a lot of fat to be lost there, no offense. It's different for someone who starts out at 40% (like I had after having my 2nd kiddo) or even 32% where I started on Jan 1.

Good on you if you were able to do it without diet pills.. CLA isn't a diet pill, it's a supplement to be used (or not) in conjunction with 'diet' and exercise. There are many health benefits to CLA aside from possible fat loss in those with high BF percentages, no one ever hears about them though cause people can't differentiate between a diet pill and a natural supplement.

:heart: :drinker: