Maid service, and other stuff you spend your money on...

Options

Replies

• RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my mother is a hairdresser, so I get my hair done for free. But I do indulge in manis/pedis ever so often. I will do my own too, I'm pretty good at that kind of beauty stuff. I also use to be a Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I own a cleaning company...trust me maid service is a necessity ;). lol
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    go-fast car parts
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Speaking as a housekeeper, I totally get this. People always say "Oh, you clean for a living? Your house must be spotless!"

I'm like "No, my house is a pigsty. It's filthy, cluttered, and you might accidently break an ankle navigating from one end to the other."

After cleaning for 8 hours a day, the last thing you want to do is come HOME and clean.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Speaking as a housekeeper, I totally get this. People always say "Oh, you clean for a living? Your house must be spotless!"

I'm like "No, my house is a pigsty. It's filthy, cluttered, and you might accidently break an ankle navigating from one end to the other."

After cleaning for 8 hours a day, the last thing you want to do is come HOME and clean.

yes..I have one of my employees clean my house on slow days. I would never ever clean my house without them
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thinking of getting a housekeeper to come in once a week to do a few small things.

Two little kids at home and a 50 hour a week job,I'm realizing I can't do everything and it may be worth it.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have somebody else maintain my yard.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I was 60 when we first bought a washer and dryer. ( So long, laundromats!), I've never had a dishwasher. Maid service? In my dreams. The closest we ever came to frivolous expenses was horses, which means no money for any other frivolous expenses. Before I retired we used to take a one-week vacation every year. We don't vacation any more.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Cleaning service 2x a month plus weekly grocery delivery. When we travel we get a house sitter/dog walker.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I WANT a maid! Maybe soon :)
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a staff of 2- they may or not be classified in some parts as "child labor". Why pay for what you can birth for free?

This
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I get my hair colored at a very nice salon. That is my indulgence. :tongue:

I would love to have a house keeper to do:
    Cleaning, laundry and make the evening meal. Awwwww I would be in heaven. :bigsmile: :love:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I have a staff of 2- they may or not be classified in some parts as "child labor". Why pay for what you can birth for free?
    LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    My splurge is food. I could never hire a housekeeper since my mother is one, won't feel right.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Not unless you consider getting stuff for my kids occasionally a frivolous thing. I guess in my position as a single Mom of 2 boys, working 2 part-time jobs to survive, with no child support from their dead beat Dad, I consider a smart phone frivolous, as is internet and a computer. It's all in the perspective you see it from, I guess.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    If you pay somebody to do physical chores around your home and you're overweight, I think you've found the problem.

gifs-animation-rihanna-rhianna-girl-smile-clap-hands_large.gif
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Shellac.
    I love having color on my nails, but as a nurse I am ROUGH on them. It's the only type of nail polish (the gel kind that's UV activated) that stays on. I usually get it every other week, but I've recently found a place with a huge selection of colors and it's only $18 for the polish (vs. 30-ish for a manicure with the polish).
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Housekeeper. Gardener. Pool service. Lawn service. I don't have time for that stuff unfortunately.
  • Jenrosa28
    Jenrosa28 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Massages and lingerie