Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    fudgecicles...the cheap brand at wal-mart, satisfies my chocolate craving and at only 40 calories it is a win-win to me. I also really like the fiber one brownies at 90 calories per serving.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Avocado chocolate mousse (vegan and nomilicious)

Ohsheglows.com is a great site for raw/easy treats. I love her.
  • stangirl1995
    stangirl1995 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    On facebook like Protein Pow(d)er page. She posts daily recipes that are high in protein. She also just came out with a protein cookbook you can buy :-) The recipes are yummy.
  • saminmio
    saminmio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Sounds sensible and wonderful - also easy to convert possibly to gluten and sugar free.
  • amymaytay
    amymaytay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe that i currently love, i call them "healthy" cookies
    1 cup quick oats
    2 medium sized RIPE bananas
    1/4 cup hersheys chocolate chips

Mash bananas, mix with oats and chocolate chips...i use my smallest pampered chef scoop and scoop them out on a cookie sheet...bake at 350 for around 15 - 17 minutes and VOILA!! They taste awesome, the scoop i use makes 30 smaller sized cookies and they are only 24 calories a piece, so i can have 4 of them and not feel guilty at all!!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Healthy choice makes greek frozen yogurt! Its like eating ice cream and each cup is 100 calories. Its awesome.
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    Artic zero ice cream the whole pint is 150 cals it taste great 37 cal per 1/2 cup and has protein and fiber and all natural ingredients =]
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • imani533
    imani533 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories are in 1 serving of the 3-2-1 cake?
  • JBWILLOW
    JBWILLOW Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe that i currently love, i call them "healthy" cookies
    1 cup quick oats
    2 medium sized RIPE bananas
    1/4 cup hersheys chocolate chips

Mash bananas, mix with oats and chocolate chips...i use my smallest pampered chef scoop and scoop them out on a cookie sheet...bake at 350 for around 15 - 17 minutes and VOILA!! They taste awesome, the scoop i use makes 30 smaller sized cookies and they are only 24 calories a piece, so i can have 4 of them and not feel guilty at all!!

I found this last week! Used Craisins instead--just the sweetness I needed. Next time I want to throw walnut and choc chips in.
  • dessyjo
    dessyjo Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Fat free, vanilla frozen yogurt with orange juice. Tastes like a dream-sicle.

1/2 c. frozen yogurt and 1/8 c OJ = about 110 calories.

Edit: To satisfy my chocolate cravings I have a south beach diet chocolate meal bar in place of a meal (=
  • Coppertop1220
    Options
    Bump for websites
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Buy the Eat Clean Diet cookbook by Tosco Reno, lot's of healthy choices in her cookbook..
  • jbirdiee
    jbirdiee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure if someone has already given these recipes out or not but i find them to be low in lots of ways...

Brownies
    1 devils food cake mix
    1 can of pumpkin

thats it, stir together and cook in muffin tins
    (these stay super moist, and are a good chocolate and brownie fix)
    these I think were 137 or 138 calories

Orange cupcakes
    1 box orange cake mix
    1 can diet orange soda
    2 egg whites

1tbs cool whip for frosting

mix together and bake like normal cupcakes these are only like 82 calories, recipe made 29 cupcakes for me
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have two lower-carb and low-fat recipes.

One is for a pie. Get a gram-cracker crust. A sugar-free jello pudding mix. Mix up the jello mix using skim milk, place in pie and cool. Can add lite whipped cream, or lite fruit topping. Cheesecake is really good. So is white chocolate.

Second is to take 9x13 baking dish. Spray with Pam. Cut 1/2 angel food cake into .5" to 1" cubes. Use to make bottom layer in dish. Next take a sugar-free jelly or jam or preserves and spread thinly over angel food cake. (I am bad sometimes and use regular cherry preserves). Then take 2 Jello Sugar-free mixes. Make one up normally using skim milk, then add second mix to it (no more milk) and mix for additional 60 seconds with mixer. It will make it very thick. Spread thinly over preserve layer. Take an lite whipped cream container and spread over Jello layer. Let sit for a couple hours in refrigerator and serve. With the Cherry Preserves it's best to let set overnight to let the flavors mix. I have been mixing and matching jams and jellos on and off for 6 months.
  • aliciabehr
    aliciabehr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Frozen grapes. They have a sugary texture. Or any fresh fruit drizzled with chocolate or topped with Jello pudding
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I love dessert! What a great thread - I copied lots of good recipes! I am pretty disciplined with sugar (except when PMSing lol) so I eat whatever dessert I want - but I only take 3 bites. Girly bites, not man bites lol. It works for me :)
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Sure. First thing that comes to mind is a cut-up bosc pear, topped with a container of Carb Master spiced pear yogurt, with the addition of chopped crystallized ginger or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger and a sprinkle of raw sugar.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Dessert tonight is a pair of Pop-Tarts and two scoops of vanilla whey.