Post Easter Scale Horror - Fess Up

Options

Replies

• musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    up 1 full pound. :cry:
    had a ridiculous amount of lemon cake yesterday (and i dont usually like lemon cake, go figure) and this morning I had mcdonalds...the sodium is probably going to kill me, i actually feel my blood pressure rising smh
    i NEVER exceed my sodium macro, but today I have and its only 1015 am!! :grumble: :sick:

I feel kinda disgusting. i havent had mcdonalds in over a month and eating it today reminded me why: salt, grease and fat
    smh
    doing damage control this week, lots and lots of water!!!
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself frequently, so I don't know... but I was actually kind of disappointed by the lack of indulgent foods at my family Easter gathering! We had roasted chicken, brown rice, corn, peas, and salad. No candy. Dessert was gluten free apple cake. I would have probably brought a calorie bomb dessert to get rid of my flour/sugar, but we're moving and my kitchen is already packed up. I'm really tempted to pick up some whopper eggs on clearance though... I feel Easter deprived.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't have an Easter meal but I did have family visiting this week. I thought all the walking/site seeing that we were doing would balance out the minor indulgences. Guess I was wrong. I gained 1.8lbs.

So how do you know when it is "water weight" or good old fashioned fat? I take a diaretic daily with my blood pressure medicine. Does that mean it can't be water weight for me?

I take a diuretic with BP medicine also, it sure can and IS water weight! Drink lots of water and be extra vigilant on the sodium intake and you will see it all disappear within 2 days. I held 242 all week last week and saw 246 this morning after a super high sodium day yesterday. Fully expected.
  • Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    2.6lbs up after a week of being ill and overeating :-(
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I actually did decent and still went down a couple pounds although I didn't weigh myself before...ignorance is bliss :) sodium was waaay up though and fat wasn't ideal either but I stayed below my calorie goal (yay!) We had chicken cordon bleu in addition to ham so I opted for that. That damn ham gravy got me....
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I didn't overindulge at all and my weight is up 3.2 lbs in 4 days! F'n scale! :drinker:
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's so refreshing to see all these positive attitudes! Exactly what I was hoping for when I made this thread.

To all you heathens that lost weight, I am sorry you are going to hell :devil: but glad it will be in a smaller coffin!
    (Totally kidding about this :flowerforyou: )

LOL! I frequently call myself a heathen! :smile:
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I ate my weight in ham in a reese's bunny my mom gave me for easter ... up a pound and a half but I worked out hard this morning and I will get back on track.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Cadbury Mini Eggs.......need I say more?

Oh god, I love those things! Last year I had to have bought at least 4 bags (the bigger ones, too) of them. And ate them all myself. I made sure to stay out of that aisle this year.:ohwell:
  • chera79
    chera79 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well, I am definitely glad I decided to walk with (chase!) my 6 kids to the community Easter egg hunt. Only about .5 mile away but quite a bit of hills. So I did get a mile long walk with lots of incline before they brought their 'loot' home. We don't have family in the area so we no big parties/get togethers full of food. But I didn't even count a single calorie and I'm regretting that a bit. I age one butterfinger that I'm regretting, too. Scale shows a gain of 1lb but it wasn't my day to weigh in so I'm hoping it's just water or normal fluctuation. I guess we'll see!
  • MegWilbe
    MegWilbe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It was a normal day for me, but only because we didn't attend any of the parties and I didnt cook...lol
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ate 175% of my normal calories yesterday...and that's just what I was honest enough to log! Probably well over 2500 by the end of the day, and only up .2 lbs this morning...hoping the scale doesn't skyrocket tomorrow.
  • fire34116
    fire34116 Posts: 16
    Options
    I did really good with eating healthy, but I drank 2 mimosa. Too much sugar.... But I enjoyed them! And today is a new day.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I am usually a huge preacher of only weighing yourself ONCE a week. Otherwise, you get all screwed up mentally and get too obsessive. However, I weighed myself on Saturday for s**** and giggles and I was at 190.0. I weighed myself this morning and I was at 191.6. Not too bad of a gain for me actually.

I was really good though yesterday! I had some turkey, some mashed potatoes and a little bit of stuffing. One piece of white crusty bread with butter. Only milk and water all day. I had one very small slice of lemon poundcake with icing for dessert and it was absolutely delicious.

Before that, I had an everything bagel with butter in the morning. Afterward, I had a bowl of cereal when I finally began feeling hungry again. It was a pretty good day and I know that the 1.6 extra on the scale will drop off because it's most likely all water weight!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, scale was up 2.5 pounds today. Back on the wagon.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm up .2 pounds--the ham I'm guessing....Went for a walk/jog with the pup in the AM and did go over in calories a bit.....the carrot cake cheesecake I made was worth it! Now to get it out of the house so I don't eat anymore of it....
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't gain anything, but ham is sodium evil for sure!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Easter eggs = 0
    Hot cross buns = 0
    Weight gain = 0
    Sodium = normal range
    Exercise = 22,000 steps with Fitbit (I didn't even leave the house once today) and a 5 mile walk at home.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't have an Easter meal but I did have family visiting this week. I thought all the walking/site seeing that we were doing would balance out the minor indulgences. Guess I was wrong. I gained 1.8lbs.

So how do you know when it is "water weight" or good old fashioned fat? I take a diaretic daily with my blood pressure medicine. Does that mean it can't be water weight for me?

Did you eat 3,500 calories over your TDEE? If so, it could be fat. However, it takes a couple of days for true fat gain to reflect on the scale (digestion, oxidation, blah blah)

And I think it could still be water weight if you ate a lot of high sodium food that your body isn't used to. Oh, it could also be your glycogen stores being fully replenished (think lots of carby foods). Either way, after a week, if the weight doesn't change, you probably gained like a teensy amount of fat. Just chug water like it's going out of style and if it's NOT fat, the weight on the scale should drop in a few days. :)

Honestly I don't know if I did or not. I haven't been real good about logging the last couple of weeks. I am getting back at it today. It does help.

Thanks for the encouragement. I am drinking lots of water and praying that I see the weight come off again next week.
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I take a diuretic with BP medicine also, it sure can and IS water weight! Drink lots of water and be extra vigilant on the sodium intake and you will see it all disappear within 2 days. I held 242 all week last week and saw 246 this morning after a super high sodium day yesterday. Fully expected.

I hope I see it disappear within a couple of days! I normally lose 1 pounds or just over each week. This week was depressing with the weight gain. I hope I see more than a pound come off then if it is water weight. Ugh!