C25K buddies wanted!

Options

Replies

• Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    W5D3 complete!! If you would have said to me in week one that I'd be running non-stop for 20 minutes by the end of week 5 i would have laughed and said no way. Well I just did it =) Keep at it everyone.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I completed W3D3 today. I did the 5 min warm up and then jogged for 20 minutes straight then cooled down the rest. It felt great.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    even though i've "run" a bunch of races before, it's been a long time since i did proper training. i'm on week 2, day 2 today!
  • hap2010
    hap2010 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been using C25K to vary my routine for about a month now. Never really following it but using it to get from walking to running. I just finished finished one and moving on to week 2. Anyone can friend me if you like. I try to support and I log every day.
  • Akdn
    Options
    W6D1 complete this morning =) Keep at it everyone.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Just did my first 5k!! Week 9 of the app I've been using is 4.8k, but I just kept running for the extra 200m to make it an even 5k...
    Feeling very proud :)

Awesome, congrats!!!
  • highervibes
    Options
    I completed W3D3 today. I did the 5 min warm up and then jogged for 20 minutes straight then cooled down the rest. It felt great.

I guess all the programs are different? My week 3 is 1:30/1:30 run/walk followed by 3:00/3;00 run/walk x 2
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Am starting this soon will add you when I start.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

I guess all the programs are different? My week 3 is 1:30/1:30 run/walk followed by 3:00/3;00 run/walk x 2

No they are all the same I just push myself every Friday just to see how far I can go. When I feel it I just keep going. If I can go Ill go if not Ill stick with the intervals for the days/weeks program im doing at the time. Today was W4D1 I jogged for the first 10 minutes then fell into the intervals from there. 2.18 miles today in the 31 minute workout. I use the program to push me but when I feel I can push myself further I wont limit myself to only a few minutes of jogging. Im the person that passes the slow car first not the guy that tailgates and waits to get passed before deciding it ok if I pass.
  • ccobra
    ccobra Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just completed W2D2 today. Feel free to add me.
  • highervibes
    Options

No they are all the same I just push myself every Friday just to see how far I can go. When I feel it I just keep going. If I can go Ill go if not Ill stick with the intervals for the days/weeks program im doing at the time. Today was W4D1 I jogged for the first 10 minutes then fell into the intervals from there. 2.18 miles today in the 31 minute workout. I use the program to push me but when I feel I can push myself further I wont limit myself to only a few minutes of jogging. Im the person that passes the slow car first not the guy that tailgates and waits to get passed before deciding it ok if I pass.

Oh okay, awesome! I thought 20 minutes seemed hard core for week 3!!! lol I can only dream of doing a 20 minute interval!!! hehehe
  • Akdn
    Options

Oh okay, awesome! I thought 20 minutes seemed hard core for week 3!!! lol I can only dream of doing a 20 minute interval!!! hehehe
    By the end of week 5 you'll be doing a 20 minute run. I thought the same thing, no way can I do that, but I was able to do it. Just stick with it and you will be able to do it as well =)
  • Akdn
    Options

That's awesome! You will have no troubles doing this. Sounds like you would find the C210K more of a challenge? I'm thinking of doing that after I finish the C25K since I'm enjoying it so much.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 2 tomorrow. I've never been able to make it much further than the minute mark so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck! and feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Akdn
    Options
    Went for 2 days in a row this week. Feeling it now lol. W6D2 complete!!
  • highervibes
    Options

By the end of week 5 you'll be doing a 20 minute run. I thought the same thing, no way can I do that, but I was able to do it. Just stick with it and you will be able to do it as well =)

I tried your method tonight and when I ran the 3 minutes (I'm on W3D3) of my last interval was up, I jogged through the "brisk walk" portion, which is also 3 minutes. so 6 minutes was doable (not much more than that though lol. I'm going to be starting week 4 after tomorrow .... EEEEP!
  • JohnDun
    JohnDun Posts: 140
    Options
    Well I finished W4D3 yesterday and should be starting W5D1 tomorrow or on Friday....The last day of W4 was a sore one but it was the first time I have done this after work so I think that did not help.

Anyway, only 5 weeks left ..... ;-)
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Well thats Week 5 Day 1 completed this morning. Was not as hard as I thought it was going to be...even continued to do more work on the treadmill after my last rest period. So roll on W5D2......
  • Lulufifi1994
    Lulufifi1994 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I started in february and then was run down with a hacking cough that is still lingering (saw the Doc last month and was told that it didn't sound like anything to worry about, come back in May if it's still there....) but as the weather is getting warmer *touch wood* I may start again when I get back to my uni halls.
  • JohnDun
    Options
    Well went to the gym today, thought I would go easy on myself as I completed W5D1 yesterday.....but thought what the heck just put it on W5D2 and wanted to maybe do the first half as never tried 8minutes constant....ended up completing W5D2....yea ha...was not as bad as I thought it would be....will leave W5D3 until Tuesday for an early morning session.....Really impressed with myself today even if I must say so......