Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• imani533
    imani533 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I tried the 3-2-1 cake and I'm hooked. It really is as easy as 1-2-3.:flowerforyou:
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Not really.
    The word dessert alone isn't healthy.
    LOL.
    Best your going to get health wise is just eating plain fruit.
    That's about it.
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1 cup fruit salad - home made and 50grms of yoghurt (any type whatever you like ) around 200calories per bowl, enjoy enjoy enjoy
  • nyxandstones
    nyxandstones Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    beat an egg, add a tablespoon of cocoa powder, add some stevia, (optional: place a chunk of chocolate in the middle), bake for 15 minutes or microwave for 30-50 seconds, turn the bowl upside down and let the "cake" fall on a plate

get another tablespoon of cocoa powder, add sweetener, add a little bit of water (to make a paste), scoop the mixture on top of the cake

80 calories, high in protein and antioxidants :)

(optional: place a chunk of chocolate in the middle before baking, add nuts, top with fresh fruit, etc.)

2zi08aq.jpg
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit salad and low fat vanilla yogurt?
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • aldaerr
    aldaerr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    UGH!! I hear you! Anytime I go into hardcore diet and fitness mode, I have such a sweet tooth. I make these molasses bran muffins from a recipe I found on Pinterest (http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/molasses-bran-muffins/Detail.aspx). Skinny Cow also has 150 calorie frozen cookie sandwiches that aren't half bad.
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    one pink lady apple chopped into small pieces and mixed with 50g Fage 2% yoghurt - nice and sweet and less than 100 cals!
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake

any flavor of cake mix ..... a box of angel food cake ......put the dry mixes in a ziplock baggy .....scoop out 3 tablespoons put in a bowl ...add 2 tablespoons of water mix and put in the microwave for 1 minutes ...instant personal cake .... add whip cream, fruit , chocolate chips or peanutbutter
    bump
  • NYAnnie33
    NYAnnie33 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've found a "healthy" dessert that I like BUT I have found ones with less calories that taste great! Skinny Cow Ice Cream is really good and so is Weight Watchers. I actually look forward to having them. Nothing will beat a hot fudge sundae but when you can't have one all the time this will do the trick! Also Jello Puddings, love the Boston Creme pie and the vanilla/choc swirl.
  • jujuki47
    jujuki47 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bump for recipe
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bannana dipped in melted chocolate and then frozen.
    or plain frozen banana thrown in blender to smush and then drizzle with chocolate syrup.

broiled or grilled nectarines. yum.

grilling/broiling on tree fruit works really well -- apricots, pears (yum w/drizzle of maple syrup), apples.
  • Obduracy
    Obduracy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nicely played.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't think ice cream is that bad a dessert. A scoop of vanilla hagen das with some raspberries is perfectly healthy if you don't go out for pizza afterwards and wake up in the morning and do it again for breakfast lol
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Heath bar Blizzard from DQ.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Heath bar Blizzard from DQ.

^^ This is good. I prefer the cookie dough though......Lots of calcium and some protein.
  • DianeMKay
    DianeMKay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is sort of a fall recipe, but pears roasted and seared slightly, with a balsamic reduction and dried cranberries and walnuts. Healthy and super yummy (and it satisfies my need to cook)

Also, put it over some greens and add a little more balsamic and you have a great salad for a holiday. Add some grilled chicken and you have a killer meal.
  • shezzzzz
    shezzzzz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1 avocado
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
    3 tablespoons honey

Peel and smash the avocado with a fork. I found that if I leave it out of the fridge a couple of hours before using it it'll be softer to smash.
    Make sure the avocado is really well smashed, put the cocoa in and mix. Add the honey too and finixh mixing well, the honey helps mixing it just perfect.

It doesn't taste at all of avocado, which I don't like, it feels just like it has butter or cream in it.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    1 avocado
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
    3 tablespoons honey

Peel and smash the avocado with a fork. I found that if I leave it out of the fridge a couple of hours before using it it'll be softer to smash.
    Make sure the avocado is really well smashed, put the cocoa in and mix. Add the honey too and finixh mixing well, the honey helps mixing it just perfect.

It doesn't taste at all of avocado, which I don't like, it feels just like it has butter or cream in it.

I make this for my kids. It's chocolate pudding in our house!!! Goes over really well.