July 5th start 30 Day Shred

Options
jtotheno
jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
Okay, I know there are about a hundred 30 Day shred groups going right now, but I just got it today and would love to have even a couple people to do it with. I wont be starting until next Monday because my hubby will be home (posted to another city) for the weekend and I wont want to do anything but spend time with him.

If there is anyone looking to start a new 30DS group with me, so we can trade notes on how badly it kicked our butts, etc. (lol), then Monday July 5th will be my official start date, so if you don't have it yet and want to get it, you have a few days to go out and pick it up!! It's not expensive, I got it at Walmart in a 3 pk of Jillian Michaels' dvds for 20 bucks. And I got a cheap mat and 4 lb weights.

Let me know if you're interested! Even one or two other people will make the journey of butt kicking more enjoyable!! (Although I have watched the video through and it looks like so much fun!!!!)

If you're interested, reply here and I will add you!! Or you can add me, whatever. lol. I will be keeping a blog of my progress as well.

Replies

• MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If its the same thing thats on my DVR from Time Warner, I'm in!
  • theidner
    theidner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to start with you on Monday or even tomorrow. I've done the shredding before and it really kicked my ... I stayed on level 1 for 10 or so days (that I worked out) and id did get easier, but I was still winded and wiped out! This time I hope to have better follow through.

But I have my mom-n-law over for another week and don't know when I can fit it in. I don't like exercising to tapes when others are around. I hope to be shredding and sweating with you!
  • blufire07
    blufire07 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm in!!!:happy:
  • EmmyRose
    EmmyRose Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but whats a 30 day Shred? (I'm new at this..)
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    Hey!

I'm in! I have done it many times just not all the way through! So I'm jioning to finally say I have done it and get the surropot I need to finish it.

Good luck to us all!
  • MacguyverMommy
    MacguyverMommy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    So I checked my DVR and I have a 27 minuter "JM 30 DS day 1" ...so I am guessing that I am missing the other 27 days....:sad:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! I would love to start shredding w you starting July 5th. I've done the shred before but only made it up to D 15 L2 I hope to finish this time around.

LEt's post our SW/GW/Measurements on MOnday!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Hi, I have Shred coming from Netflix, shipping today... will most likely buy it if it is as great as everyone says. So, I'll be ready to start it with ya Monday. My question, is this workout cardio, strength training, or both? And do you do it every day for 30 days or wow, maybe I should do more research. I just know I been hearing great things about the results around here.
    Ok, I was gonna say to count me in, made it out to some research and I don't think I'm ready for that level yet. I can't do the pylo work and stuff. Knees just aren't ready for my weight yet! Here is what I found ~
    Three well-structured aero/tone interval workouts led by “The Biggest Loser” trainer. These fast-paced exercises will keep you burning fat as you sculpt muscle. The programs build in intensity; you can start with the intermediate level and work up to the advanced program (it’s tough! — moves like plyo-lunges and traveling pushups). Each workout has three “cycles.” Each cycle starts with three minutes of multi-muscle and isolated strength training. Then it’s two minutes of non-dancy kickbox and athletic-style cardio. That’s followed by one minute of classic abwork (then — no rest — you’ll immediately start a new cycle). Like on the TV show, Jillian is both demanding and supportive. Requires 3 to 5 lb. dumbbells. ©2008. http://www.collagevideo.com/item.aspx?item=7963
  • bugs759
    bugs759 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can you tell me the fastest way to get the CD? I would like to start on the 5th but need to get the CD.....maybe this will be my way to knock out the "final 10"....which seem to be sticking around.....or at least get a good jump on it. Thanks.
  • blufire07
    blufire07 Posts: 14
    Options
    ok just went to walmart and picked up the 30 day shred its only one disc right????
  • hummingbird314
    hummingbird314 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see if I can find the disc. I've been thinking about doing this but I'm pretty weak. At least I can give it a try! I'll be off to Walmart later.
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I received it in the mail this afternoon. I got it on Amazon. I just did it, level 1 my first day. It was hard but I got through it. I can see how it would get easier. Does anyone know how we're supposed to follow it? Since it's 30 days, is it the first 10 level 1, the second 10 level 2 and the third 10 level 3? And are we supposed to do it everyday? The only thing I don't like about it is that you can just go to the dvd menu and start. You have to wait for the entire introduction and Jillian speaking to finally choose the level you want to start. But it was good. According to my heart rate monitor I burned 204 calories in the 25 minutes. My heart rate was high right away. I'm still going to do my other cardio in between because I don't feel like this could actually be enough.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Neeti :wink:
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    Ok, I am in. Netflix was already shipping it. Tried it out today, definitely doable, at least the first level...
    So, went and bought a copy at WalMart and will start Monday.
    Will post starting weight and measurements in the morning. I am with Neeti though, I will also continue doing my regular cardio workout, at least for the first level. The recommendations on the disk say to do the shred everyday.
  • MrsBattousai
    MrsBattousai Posts: 171
    Options
    yup! Every day I will post my starting weight and measments as of Monday to start out! After 10 days next level and so on!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Count me in... My cable company has this free on their On Demand videos until 7/26; that gives me time to get out and buy the dvd. I watched it as it looks like a great workout and not complicated.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I'd like to start with you. I have the DVD already, bought it some time ago to do with my sister in law and never followed up on it. :blushing: I'll post weight and measurements on Monday along with everyone else. Anyone who wants to can feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new on here. :smile:
  • aepete01
    aepete01 Posts: 5
    Options
    Why not, I'm new to this website and I have that DVD but never made the commitment to start it. So I'll just start with you all :) I'll post weight and measurements Monday.
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i'm soooo in! i've never done 30DS, but a friend of mine did. even though she didn't make it very far, she did see some results. are we going to report in daily or weekly to keep accountable?
  • Neeti1021
    Neeti1021 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree MamaDaisyJ, I need to do more then just 25 minutes of the Shred. It just doesn't feel like enough. I will still post results. I don't really like to check weight and measurements everyday so I thought I would post at the end of every level. I hate to spoil it but I did start yesterday. I couldn't wait. I did it yesterday and just did it today. I hope no one minds:-(

Good luck to everyone!!!!!

Happy 4th!!!

Neeti :drinker:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Okay well I just joined another group that started yesterday and you will be starting on Monday so I will be right in the middle of both groups and seeing that I have had this workout for a couple of years and still haven't completed the 30 days straight yet this should be definite motivation to get it done this time around having both groups!!! I will post my measurments and weight in here tomm to keep up with you all and I will do it every 10 days just like I saw someone else say so that way I can see what each level does!!

I will be doing other workouts with this some occassional cardio classes I was going to restart my Insanity but I think completing a 30 day commitment first will be good so focus will be on the shred mainly and if I can get through these 30days then on to the 63 days with Insanity!!