What's your "Don't get me started" subject?

Options

Replies

• slflorian
    slflorian Posts: 33
    Options
    Ahh the fact that working individuals are constantly penalized while the lazy people taking advantage of social programs continue to get more and more free crap all the time. :) Also people the fraud, waste and abuse in social programs.

AMEN!!!! :smile:
  • slflorian
    Options
    I have several but the latest and top of my list is gun control!

Also, infertility treatments / insurance coverage and just healthcare in general! Its a joke

Child abuse, politics, religion - those are the big ones for most I think.

Oh and stupid people. I get THE STUPIDEST comments about my children!
  • slflorian
    Options
    Time Warner Cable!

*I don't have many options here in Maine, and I hate that they can do whatever they want and get away with it!!

Go buy a Roku and watch internet TV - we did this and got rid of Cable since we were in the same boat!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    If I can only pick one it would have to be government. Corruption and wasteful spending abound.
  • slflorian
    Options
    absolutely anything if you're trying to tell me what to do...be it "omg how can you have 8 dogs, you need to get rid of them" down to "you need to date men your age"...or the famous "how can you eat that if you want to lose weight"...

because *kitten* you.

^go to answer for all the above.

:love:
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hunter's pet growl turn on during raids, raiding with pack on and seeing hunters with strength instead of agility....

Sadly, I so understand this! LOL
  • natsmom118
    natsmom118 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Politics
    Religion
    Sexual Orientation
    Immigration

*In no particular order
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    People who feel the need to say stupid things about social programs when they have no knowledge of them.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ahh the fact that working individuals are constantly penalized while the lazy people taking advantage of social programs continue to get more and more free crap all the time. :) Also people the fraud, waste and abuse in social programs.

I never say anything about it but it stings every time someone says this because it feels like people don't know that some people need this help...I am one of those people,,,believe me, you saying that makes me feel no worse than I already feel about "getting free crap" as you say...let me tell you I am living it up on the disability that is $980 a month and $16 a month in food stamps...I am not lazy...I have been very sick...and you can't see my sickness on the outside and it is like that for a lot of people...I just think I appreciate what I have and do the best with what I get and maybe you could consider that more people need it than you think sometimes...just a thought
  • slflorian
    Options

I never say anything about it but it stings every time someone says this because it feels like people don't know that some people need this help...I am one of those people,,,believe me, you saying that makes me feel no worse than I already feel about "getting free crap" as you say...let me tell you I am living it up on the disability that is $980 a month and $16 a month in food stamps...I am not lazy...I have been very sick...and you can't see my sickness on the outside and it is like that for a lot of people...I just think I appreciate what I have and do the best with what I get and maybe you could consider that more people need it than you think sometimes...just a thought

I have no problem with people getting help who truly need it like you do. Life isn't fair and we are all handed a set of cards and have to deal with them; however, there are many many people on assistance who can work and get a job, but choose to not do that because its easier to be on assistance. THATS my irritation. My husband used to work in the grocery business and every month this certain family would come in and buy all the crab legs from the seafood shop and pay for it with food stamps. Thats ridiculous! They should be eating ground meat and turkey like my family is and we have a 6 figure income!!!
  • 1Hunie
    1Hunie Posts: 176
    Options
    Don't get me started on government assistance and the way things are just given to people who are undeserving.
    Free rent, cell phone, food stamps, spending money, child care........

Also, the education system and these pesky standardized tests :mad:
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    i wish i could get more foodstamps. 800 dollars a month is going too fast!!
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For MFP, I totally cringe when someone logs Starbucks drinks....after all, aren't we on a diet?!?! These 300+calorie drinks are nothing more than candy, and aren't needed. LOL

Outside of MFP...Politics, Government, Ect...LOL
  • peggysue218
    peggysue218 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners.
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on government assistance and the way things are just given to people who are undeserving.
    Free rent, cell phone, food stamps, spending money, child care........

Also, the education system and these pesky standardized tests :mad:

Ditto, I couldn't agree more!!!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Child tax credit
  • 1Hunie
    Options
    i wish i could get more foodstamps. 800 dollars a month is going too fast!!

:laugh:
  • 1Hunie
    Options
    For MFP, I totally cringe when someone logs Starbucks drinks....after all, aren't we on a diet?!?! These 300+calorie drinks are nothing more than candy, and aren't needed. LOL

Don't judge me! :sad:
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Obama, and people who blindly support him without knowing his policies.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    healthcare in the USA (costs, corruption, etc)

or

the huge tax refunds people get for having kids - especially those with relatively low incomes. I am very liberal, and totally support people who need help receiving help. But they DO NOT need thousands of dollars in cash deposited to their bank accounts at tax time. It does not make any sense whatsoever.

I won't say more because I will just get all out of control LOL