Where was your first job ?

Options

Replies

• KX19
    KX19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A student summer position working in housekeeping and on the line at a soft-gel pharmaceutical manufacturer (6PM-6AM) At least I had access to an unlimited supply of NyQuil/DayQuil.
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Salon Assistant...shampooed hair, swept floors, applied colors
  • Nikki_XC
    Nikki_XC Posts: 69
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger on Venice Blvd in w.LA. I was hired to hand out orders (Level 1).
    What I really did? Hand out orders, to the wrong window/walk-up causing grief to our already stressed out cooks to remake a burger (or 3). LOL

I lasted 2 years, so I wasn't doing terribly. I got a free meal during my shift, so I ate a ton of dub-animals and animal-style fries, which is why I weighed so much in high school. LOL.
    Oh and shakes all day! Root beer floats with chocolate ice cream shake? Yes please.

/bigfail
  • RobinRayn
    RobinRayn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I worked my way up the McDonalds Ladder to Manager and than became a live in nanny. Much less stress, but also less active!
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    ive not even had a job yet :sad: no one will hire me haha
    well if you dont count a bit of free lance graphic design.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    database developer/system engineer.
  • gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LifeGuard/swim instructor

I did exactly what I was hired to do...

me too

me too!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    where?Wendy's
    what?Cashier
    really?sneaked chicken nuggets and flirted with the other cashiers
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    An electrical control company, I started actually working when I was around 14-15 yrs old.

I took electrical schematics and converted them into color coded wiring diagrams. And built electrical control cabinets/panels. I was building custom cabinet/panel combos from the steel sheet to completion and running every piece of equipment in the shop by 16 yrs old.

I think that is illegal now-a-days ....LOL....
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Mobile, Alabama.
    Service station attendant (remember them?).
    I pumped gas, checked oil, added oil, washed windshields, fended off the boss from groping my breasts.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    My first job was at Space Center Houston. I was an Education Instructor for schools and scouts when they came in to do activities after the center closed. I was pretty good at it too. We weren't really able to do anything other than our jobs since we led 30+ people around... It was a blast though!
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Duckworth's fish and chips in Scarborough, Ontario while in high school. Waitress and dish washer - the waitresses alternated and we shared tips. Loved it and I compare all fish and chips to that place. Most fall short!
  • goodgirlguns
    Options
    A translator!
    I translated a website from Russian to English and I guess I'd count that as my first 'official' job.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I was hired to work as a floor manager at a high-end home furnishing store for my first job.

What I really did: got drunk on my lunch breaks, coming back too blurry eyed to read cash register totals to customers.
    I also dyed my hair cotton candy pink (the boss told me I "scared away customers", undercharged myself for products, took very long coffee and bank runs, and had my boyfriend in the store after hours...
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Worked the front desk at a bowling alley. Everything except the stinky shoes was fun, especially working weekend nights with the black light bowling and music. I also got to bowl for free whenever I wanted.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Where: Raynor's Broad Street Shell. Stamford, Connecticut
    What: Gas Station Attendant:
    Really: Pump gas, wash windows, check oil, (yes, we actually did that stuff "back in the day" )

$2.00/hr
  • ldrywayFit
    Options
    Mcdanalds was my first JOB lmao for real
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My first job was our family farm. My pay was room and board. :)
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    My first job was at the local bakery...which is where I learned to love fresh baked cakes, sweets and bread! Worked after school and weekends from the time I was 13 til I turned 16 and was old enough to work at the local pharmacy. Before the bakery would open I helped the owner glaze, sugar and ice the donuts, then I waited on the customers. Along with that I helped sample everything! Fortunately, I walked everywhere back in those days or rode my bike.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    at 14, I was a dishwasher on the weekends at a place called (no joke) Toadsuck Catfish Inn. It was a catfish buffet type place. Very popular and the name Toadsuck came from local legend many years ago.