Where was your first job ?

Options

Replies

• Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    At 15 - File Clerk for Credit Bureau (long before things were automated)
  • goldenboy2532
    Options
    At 15, order taker at Chick-fil-a
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I was hired part time by a friend of my mom's when I was 16 to solder circuits onto motherboards. He had some kind of small electronics business. He paid me pretty well. Best job I had till I was substantially older.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Wendy's, I did every position.

I think I knew Wendy too.

I wonder if it's the same Wendy I had too.

Me also. lol
    I didn't get sucked into that until I was 19 though.

28 years later and I still can't eat at Wendys anymore.
  • GnomeLover1984
    Options
    15 years old. Burger King - Cashier/Drive-Thru/Cleaning

What I really did? Smoked weed on the roof or in the basement.
  • DankaCibulka
    DankaCibulka Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    in the bank when I was 18:)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    My first job was as a salesman for Sears.
    I really sold stuff. Really. And flirted with the hot guys.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My first job was concierge at the Marriott. I went and interviewed to be a server in the restaurant but he thought I'd be better suited for concierge. I basically just had to help oversee the concierge lounge and talk to the guests.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Bag Boy / Stock Boy at a local grocery store when I was 13.
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I was straight out of high school and I was hired on at Toys R Us originally as a cashier then I was moved to customer services and then I was promoted to assistant manager because one of the assistant managers was stealing money and toys. I had only been working there for 6 months once I was promoted but it was a nice surprise.
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    cashier at a local hardware store. To date myself...my pay was $3.82 per hour.
  • HardDon
    HardDon Posts: 204
    Options
    i used to wrap cheese slices individually
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was a french assistant in 2 colleges in England for 8 months. I learned english there and I also discovered carrot cheesecake - HUGE lol.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Baling hay in the summer and cutting, limbing and splitting wood in the fall - I got a cut of the profit for each season if we had profit. Not usually too much, maybe $100, but there was a cold winter and a hay shortage one year and I made like $1000 that year. :)

Then when I was 13 I started cleaning elementary schools after school for $3.35/hour.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When I was 14 i got a under the table job at a veterinary hospital cleaning at night. The worst part of the job was I had to run the furnace.
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    14 yrs old...filing and mail at an Insurance Agency
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I worked at a farm I was suppose to take care of all the plants and I did but mostly I oogled the boys lol
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    15 years old, I had working papers and got a job doing Laundry at "Browns Welcome Inn Hotel". I had to be supervised with everything I did, so I always worked with a woman that had dark hair, and a lot of tattoos. She was always telling me horror stories about her boyfriend, and she seemed really old to me. I basically sat on the washer or dryer and talked to her. I remember she seemed so old, ironically she was 30 which is the age I am going to be soon enough myself haha.

It wasn't a great job, and I think my paycheck was like 60 dollars a week. My mom probably spent that driving me there, but I was just so excited to have a job!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Detassling corn. Lol. And that's just what I did. Detassled that corn.

And got a tan, I'll bet!
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen, the supervisor was like 17 and we had food fights and locked each other in the freezer. Good times....lol!