Pop tarts vs. Toaster Strudel

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Both are FULL of nothing but sugar - but...if I had to choose it would be a strudel any day of the week. i do not think I have had pop tarts in years!!! Sugared cardboard..no thanks!!! Strudels at least have a nice flaky layer. Healthy wise though...stay clear from this crap! :) i do not even buy this for my kids!

14 g of sugar is hardly 200 calories. Your argument is completely invalid.

PoptartNutri_zpsff1ce8c0.jpg

43g of macronutrients

36g of simple carbs that get metabolized as glucose

they're pretty much all sugar

I really only see 14 g of simple carbs. All carbs eventually get metabolized as glucose so unless you're going to call all carbs sugar from here on out...Based on that you ate 200g of sugar yesterday.

well... all carbs do become glucose eventually. however simple carbs are metabolized quickly, like sugar. and enriched flours are simple carbs.

Primary ingredient isn't enriched flour. It's whole wheat flour, enriched is second. Which means out of the 36g carbs, 14 are sugar, 3 are fiber, that leaves 19 g for the rest. So it's safe to assume, based on labeling law, that out of the 19 at least 10g of this is whole wheat flower, leaving only 9 (at most) for enriched flour. So that brings simple carb total (at most) up to 23 g.
    Fortified white wheat flour does not, however, contain the macronutrients of the wheat's bran and germ (especially fiber and protein) like whole-grain flour does. Whole grain is a good source of calcium, iron, fiber, and other minerals like selenium.[1] Regular "whole wheat" flour commonly used commercially has 70% of the germ removed to prevent rancidity, and as such cannot be labeled "whole grain".

and beyond being less nutritious, and thus faster-metabolizing, pop tarts are also listed as being very high on the GI scale and having a high Glycemic Load.

so... regardless of whether you think the GI or GL scales matter, Pop Tarts are still mostly sugar.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I fancy both with a bottle of whiskey.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    TOASTER STRUDELS FTW.

NO_zps1330dd61.jpg
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I fancy both with a bottle of whiskey.

Somehow I feel this would taint the whisky flavor. Oh wait, you said "whiskey" with an e. Go for it! :wink:
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    I like both but since I'm always on the go Pop Tarts win by default.
    Cinnamon & Cherry Pop Tarts FTW!
    :D
  • Derpinaaa
    Derpinaaa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts all the way. I can eat them right out of the package, or they only take half the time to heat up.
    De-thawing your Toaster Strudel and then trying to mess with that little bag of frosting? Ain't nobody got time for that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

43g of macronutrients

Carbs are nutrients too.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

43g of macronutrients

Carbs are nutrients too.

...yeah... they are... your point?
  • natsmom118
    natsmom118 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Toaster Strudel and its been a couple years since I've had a Pop tart.

If I were to choose, I'd go with a S'more Pop tart. Omgosh yum!
  • TimFranklin423
    TimFranklin423 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Am I really reading people say that Poptarts > Toaster Strudels????:noway: :noway: :noway:

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

I'm sorry but almost all of you are incorrect.

There really are only two sides to this coin..

microwaved Cherry flavored poptarts are the best flavor of Poptart...

That being said.. The only time a cherry poptart beats the magical deliciousness of a cinnamon apple toaster strudel is when I'm trying to tear the little thin icing packet and it tears into the side. When that happens you have to use 2 packs of icing.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Just had pumpkin pie pop tart with lunch and it was magical. I literally forgot I was at work for a moment.

Magical.

Eff those other things. Eff them with a pop tart.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    tDffC58.gif
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Hands Down Toaster Strudel : )
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    microwaved Cherry flavored poptarts are the best flavor of Poptart...
    Microwaved???? But how do you get them to pop out of the microwave? They're not called Wave-Tarts, you know.
  • magerum
    Options
    Just had pumpkin pie pop tart with lunch and it was magical. I literally forgot I was at work for a moment.

Magical.

Eff those other things. Eff them with a pop tart.

I TOLD YOU! :drinker:
  • magerum
    Options
    tDffC58.gif

Stop summing up my thread with such clarity!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Both are disgusting. Get some real, fresh bakery!

Yeah if I'm gonna splurge it's not gonna be on either of those....
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Both are disgusting. Get some real, fresh bakery!

Yeah if I'm gonna splurge it's not gonna be on either of those....

But pop tarts are so handy when you suddenly want to splurge at 9pm at night and you're in your pj's drinking wine :bigsmile: or is that just me :laugh:
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like both! Favourite pop tarts= smores and cookies and cream. Favourite toaster strudel= probably strawberry cream cheese, blueberry, wildberry.
  • popTarts4LYFE
    Options
    All you mother****ers talkin mess bout my p-tarts is basic hos that gon get capped!!!!1

POP TARTS 4 LYFE!!! DROWN MY *kitten* IN FROSTED STRAWBERRY GOODENSS, BETCH!!11one