Friend requests. Message vs no message

Options

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Depends...sometimes yeah, sometimes no....
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    I accept everyone. (atleast for awhile anyway :happy: )
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I always send a message, and I accept either way.
    BUT THEN..
    Then I don't know if, when they send a message w/ request, if I should reply to their message with a message or write on their page or just accept.
    And then I overthink it.
    And then I panic about coming off as a jerk.
    tumblr_m59nznvaLj1qhmb0a.jpg
    Life is hard.
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    If they send without a message they get ignored. If I request someone I send a message.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I really don't care, why take it so seriously :)

Everyone can add me, no message needed! :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I never send them...people send them to me and it doesn't matter if there's a message or not, I may or may not accept ....:devil:
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Decline: no msg; any variation of "friends, journey, weightloss, encourage, support each other" blah blah blah lame.

Accept: killer hot guys, smoking hot girls, msg containing any variation of the following: "you're hot, the rougher the better, I'm a girl, lets lez out, I drink too much, sure, go ahead - touch it, toaster strudels are the best, want to see a pic of my cat in my bushes"
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    i don't usually send... I have too many as is.

i usually decline ones without a message, because I can't accept everyone and still give enough luv to the ones i have.

I keep ones with a message, and will sometimes add right away, will sometimes hang on until someone deletes my *kitten* and then add.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MireyGal76/view/my-take-on-friend-requests-511459

lol - I've thought WAY too much about this.
  • Chris99mu
    Options
    Decline: no msg; any variation of "friends, journey, weightloss, encourage, support each other" blah blah blah lame.

Accept: killer hot guys, smoking hot girls, msg containing any variation of the following: "you're hot, the rougher the better, I'm a girl, lets lez out, I drink too much, sure, go ahead - touch it, toaster strudels are the best, want to see a pic of my cat in my bushes"

I'm beginning to think I *may* not be using MFP for its intended purpose anymore.....
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options

I'm beginning to think I *may* not be using MFP for its intended purpose anymore.....

What if the message says "Let's be friends and encourage each other to lez out and continue our journey with toaster strudels because weight loss because cats" ?
  • MadeInDR022
    MadeInDR022 Posts: 260
    Options
    I haven't sent a FR in months...but at first I added everyone! My FR list isn't too big and I like to keep it that way. Its easier for me to be supportive if I can comment on everyone I have on my list. BUT if I get a FR I accept with or without a message BUT only after looking through their profile.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used to accept without a message, but my friends list got too big for me to deal with. Now it is a requirement, but not necessarily a guarantee of acceptance. I like to keep my list to people that I actually actively communicate with, that appreciate my sense of humor (read as- "perversion"). If someone sends a message with their friend request that is indicative of our compatibility, I will accept.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I usually accept whoever (LOL I have like 3 friends, probably why I'm not picky :laugh: ), unless they look suss of course.
  • greenihlonde
    Options
    I accept everyone. (at least for awhile anyway :happy: )

Yeppers! My delete button works. :-)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I used to accept without a message, but my friends list got too big for me to deal with. Now it is a requirement, but not necessarily a guarantee of acceptance. I like to keep my list to people that I actually actively communicate with, that appreciate my sense of humor (read as- "perversion"). If someone sends a message with their friend request that is indicative of our compatibility, I will accept.

You will be getting a friend request when I figure out how to put that I want to lick you in the message in a non creeper way. I'm working on it, give me a few minutes.
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I will accept without a message but if you dont support me with a weeks time at least once then i delete you and I have it in my profile that if your not going to support me then dont add me.. lol
  • Chris99mu
    Options

Accept. Fo shiz.

What if the message says "Let's be friends and encourage each other to lez out and continue our journey with toaster strudels because weight loss because cats" ?
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am clearly in the minority here. I accept all friend requests with or without messages. I don't care why you want to have me on your MFP feed. I've had to oust a few for bad behavior, but that's easy enough to do.

I guess I am in the minority as well... The act of "sending a friend request" is self explanatory... It says I want to be friends... I do send a message when I send a request but I don't need a message to accept... There is a delete button and if it comes to it there is a block button as well... Which thankfully I have never had to use...
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually accept female request with or without a message.
    Guys I need a message... and one that's not too creepy. ;)
  • DandelionCupcakes
    Options
    I never get creepy messages. </3
    Jealous.