Options

Replies

• Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    I love carbs!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Carbs are awesome. I love making risotto as it requires wine - so I have two of my fav things together. I find it so relaxing just stiring the risotto and sipping a glass of wine. Bliss when I'm stressed and need to unwind :bigsmile:
    Hmmm May have to make some on Saturday. Roasted butternut squash risotto. It's a plan. :drinker:

Nom nom nom! My fave is to add peas, feta, pesto and some rocket (let it wilt and cook). Then top with raw rocket and cubes of fried chorizo. Never done it with butternut squash but going to have to give it a go (BBC website for recipe perhaps?).

I did this one without the sage :bigsmile:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7767/butternut-squash-and-sage-risotto

Your's sounds soooooo good - I love all those ingredients. I often make pea risotto (nigella) and chicken risotto from a left over roast (nigel slater)

I'm a bit of a cookbook nut btw, have around 70 :blushing:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    1.) What more nourishing food is being crowded out of the diet? 2.) Isn't getting "happiness" from food part of the problem?

Oh enough with the "nourishing" mantra already. If the only purpose of food was nourishment then we should all just be popping pills or shakes to give us everything we need instead of eating real food.

The reality is that most people actually enjoy eating. It is about more than just "nourishment" and it is perfectly easy to get all the nutrients you need and still have some calories left over for food you eat for sheer pleasure.

I can't help but feel that anyone who sees food purely as "nourishment" has serious issues in their relationship with food. For me that is the first step towards an ED.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're the ones who appear to be obsessed with food. (I'm told anorexics are often obsessed with food and love to torture themselves with pictures of food.) I rarely think about eating at all, apart from having to plan what I eat. There are lots of other things to think about.

I like to think about pie...do you think I'll become anorexic?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    "...I like to think about pie...do you think I'll become anorexic?..."

LOL---Do you? :smile:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    1243187314ymqAYW.jpg

20100131-Giant_Kit_Kat_5.jpg

the-croissants.jpg

apple-pie.jpg

Vanilla-Caramel500.jpg
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    This thread is perfect.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    1.) What more nourishing food is being crowded out of the diet? 2.) Isn't getting "happiness" from food part of the problem?

Oh enough with the "nourishing" mantra already. If the only purpose of food was nourishment then we should all just be popping pills or shakes to give us everything we need instead of eating real food.

The reality is that most people actually enjoy eating. It is about more than just "nourishment" and it is perfectly easy to get all the nutrients you need and still have some calories left over for food you eat for sheer pleasure.

I can't help but feel that anyone who sees food purely as "nourishment" has serious issues in their relationship with food. For me that is the first step towards an ED.

Yep. Saying food is just for nourishment is like saying sex is only for reproduction.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    hostess-cupcakes-484.jpg

exps14956_LM963641D35B.jpg

IMG_1119-450x337.jpg

Spicy-Bean-and-Rice-Burritos-cropped-410x273.jpg

penne-and-cheese.jpg
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Yep. Saying food is just for nourishment is like saying sex is only for reproduction.

Exactly.

If food wasn't supposed to be enjoyed, why does it taste so good? This applies to "nourishing" foods too. A bite of pineapple, a slice of an orange - those taste delicious. So, I enjoy eating them. I also enjoy eating ice cream and pop tarts. Sorry that you don't.

But I still have to wonder - why do you even come in a thread that you know is going to be about something you so strongly disagree with? Do you feel like you need to have your views validated? Is our disagreement making you feel better about your lack of carbs?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    A bit of an immature rant? Perhaps it is true that those who seek happiness in substances are basically struggling with immaturity.

that sounds like an insult to me, which is against community rules.

And that sounds like a threat to me. Is it? :smile: I find it pathetic when people take a difference of opinion personally.

debbie.gif

You know what else? Hijacking of a thread is against the rules too. Just saying.
  • hecks2
    hecks2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All things in moderation. I had Rotini and homemade pork meatballs for supper tonight... and finished the day under 1500 calories! There's nothing wrong with carbs. Just don't cook more than you need.
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Evil thread.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Really enjoying this thread! Giving me all sorts of ideas for future meals :bigsmile:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Tonight after dinner I'm having two pieces of corn bread, two pop tarts, a 5 cup bowl of cereal with milk and a pint of thin mint ice cream. EAT ALL THE CARBZ!!11!!!!1!!1!!!!!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Carbs....I'm eating a giant bowl or amaranth, quinoa and buckwheat! Not impressed?
  • magerum
    Options
    Carbs....I'm eating a giant bowl or amaranth, quinoa and buckwheat! Not impressed?

I am impressed you can actually swallow that TBH.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

I'm guessing this means that you like both sex and food? Will you be my girlfriend?
  • magerum
    Options

She actually, pretty much, stated that opinion in one of my previous Pop Tart threads.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

She actually, pretty much, stated that opinion in one of my previous Pop Tart threads.

Gah, I love the Pop Tart threads!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I just ate 5 Peeps. Big time sugar rush!! But its only once a year!! Carbs make you Sexy!