Pregnancy 2010 - July

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. This moths will be: to meet your highest exercise goal each week AND now that we're in summer to drink all your water everyday!

Welcome all!

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to the Canadians out there!

Challenge: I want to exercise 30 minutes/5 days this week starting today ending next Wednesday. My water goal is 10 glasses a day.
  • DeidreJean
    DeidreJean Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What is TTC?
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    TTC = Trying To Conceive
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.6 lbs this week!!! It's been a LONG time since I've seen more than .5 a pound coming off on the scale. I'm so excited!

I was worried because I had to weigh in a day earlier than usual because I'm leaving for the beach this afternoon. So I will catch up with you ladies on Monday! Have a wonderful 4th! :flowerforyou:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I lost 2.6 lbs this week!!! It's been a LONG time since I've seen more than .5 a pound coming off on the scale. I'm so excited!

I was worried because I had to weigh in a day earlier than usual because I'm leaving for the beach this afternoon. So I will catch up with you ladies on Monday! Have a wonderful 4th! :flowerforyou:

YEAH!!!!! That's so awesome!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    congrats Mwilson! I can imagine that feels awesome!

Glucose test today and OB appt. Please scale be kind!
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    congrats Mwilson! I can imagine that feels awesome!

Glucose test today and OB appt. Please scale be kind!

Have fun drinking the nasty sugar drink - ew! Fingers crossed for you!!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Challenge: I will walk every morning at 5:30am and get some strength training in at least 3-4 times a week. I need to drop at least 15lbs before TTC in August. :D
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    thanks Angela for setting July up.
    I can't believe it's July 2010 already.

We haven't asked any challenge questions the past few weeks...so I figured I'd ask...

How many kids did you want to have? How many kids do you think you'll end up having?

I would love 2, my hubby wanted 3 before we got married, but reading about the expenses by the time they are 18 etc. We may end up with 1 (2 at the most).
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela - did you see my last June post? I was wondering, it's about gestational diabetes.

challenge question - I'm pregnant with our 4th child (my husband had a boy before we got married). We have not discussed closing the factory :blushing: I think I'll like to have 5, if God so chooses to bless us.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    thanks Angela for setting July up.
    I can't believe it's July 2010 already.

We haven't asked any challenge questions the past few weeks...so I figured I'd ask...

How many kids did you want to have? How many kids do you think you'll end up having?

I would love 2, my hubby wanted 3 before we got married, but reading about the expenses by the time they are 18 etc. We may end up with 1 (2 at the most).

I want at least two, if financially possible up to 4 :-) Living in Seattle (where there are more dogs than children) I want to make up for everyone elses lack of reproduction.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Angela - I had gestational diabetes with my first child 13 years ago. She was born 10. 7 lbs. and my placenta was the size of a newborn. I had two glucose tests done: the first one was high and the 2nd one was normal, but apparentely I still had it. I went up to 176 lbs and a week after I had her I was down to 138 lbs. It was all water and baby stuff gain. My second pregnancy was normal, but I still gained almost 50 pounds. I didn't really exercise with any of those pregnancy, that's why I'm a little bummed out about gaining weigh with this one because I'm actually trying to work out and eat healthy. My mom says I'm just one of those women who gain a lot of weigh during pregnancy, I'm not buying it :sad:
    Anyway, I hope just test shows good results. I'm having mine next week, double yuck!

I need to be better at exercising. I was doing really well for awhile, but the last two weeks have not been very good. That's partially why I posted this months challenge. I'm planning on walking 30 minutes at lunch and then maybe swimming tonight for 30 minutes. I don't feel worried at this point about getting gestational diabetes, I'm more worried about being unhealthy and struggling with that after I give birth, and then having a unhealthy baby. :-( I want to do this right for my little man. ;-)
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I need to be better at exercising. I was doing really well for awhile, but the last two weeks have not been very good. That's partially why I posted this months challenge. I'm planning on walking 30 minutes at lunch and then maybe swimming tonight for 30 minutes. I don't feel worried at this point about getting gestational diabetes, I'm more worried about being unhealthy and struggling with that after I give birth, and then having a unhealthy baby. :-( I want to do this right for my little man. ;-)

it's ok to swim when you are pregnant?
    I know some people do the zumba...is there anything you can't do pregnant???...I'm worried that I'll be afraid to walk let alone dance in case it effects the baby.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

it's ok to swim when you are pregnant?
    I know some people do the zumba...is there anything you can't do pregnant???...I'm worried that I'll be afraid to walk let alone dance in case it effects the baby.

You can do pretty much the same stuff you did before you got pregnant and anything low impact if you didn't do anything before hand. I cut out jumping and all that about a month and a half ago. But before then I was doing everything normal. The baby is protected pretty well in there and if you're doing something you shouldn't your body will let you know. My exercise routine keeps me sane. :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    swimming is one of the most recommended activites. It works all the muscles that support your baby and works your back to help reduce back pain, plus it takes pressure off of everything which helps if your feet, ligaments. back etc hurt. :-) I believe there are some yoga poses they don't recommend you doing, and they usually use caution when someone who is pregnant starts any workout that they didn't do before. Other than that I think most activities are fine. I've heard of women who ran throughout their pregnancy ... which I think is crazy because I have a lot of ligament pain from just walking haha.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Challenge ?: I would like to have three but my husband wants five. We have been married now for six years and we are finally TTC next month. I'm not sure if we will adapt so quickly, I mean our lifestyle is going to be very different so we'll see what he says after one. haha.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I practice yoga, walk and do zumba. The yoga poses that are not recommended for pregnancy are twists and inverted poses (like downward dog) for a long time. I did the downward dog until about last month, now I use a chair. For zumba, I don't jump but I dance as comfortably as I can, it's so much fun. Walking, I go at a comfortable pace. Exercising also keeps me sane!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Exercise makes me feel good about myself. :-)

So my OB appt went well, I only gained 5 pounds this month compaired to 12 the last two months. According to my doc's scale I'm 4lbs heavier than my scale. Whatever though I'm mostly going by my scale. :-)
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Happy July everyone!

Question: My hubby and I have agreed that we would like two children. They are expensive.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    So I took the nasty "sugar test" yesterday. And one of the symptoms I've been having lately is thirst. I've always been bad about drinking water so early in the pregnancy I just assumed I was dehydrated, but the last week or so I've been really really good about getting 8-10 cupes of water a day, but still feel super thirsty ... lips cracking etc. So I started to wonder if it was from the season change, but when I saw my OB and asked her about it she gave me "the look" and said that we'll just wait on my Glucose test result. :-( Come to find out that's a sign of it. :-( So now I"m extra worried because that's one of the main things I've been worried about this whole time. I don't want an unhealthy pregnancy. I don't want to put my baby at risk. :'-(