Calling all HAPPILY married people for 20+ years...

Options

Replies

• traceywaananenstieb
    traceywaananenstieb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We will celebrate our 17th anniversary in September...and we dated for 5 years...so we've had almost 22 years of amazing love! Would do it all over again in a heart beat and can't wait to see what the future holds for us!!
  • kmcgallery
    kmcgallery Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that someone even thought to start this thread! I've been happily married for going on 22 yrs now (still beating the odds after marrying at 21yrs old-yikes). The smartest thing I ever did was marry my best friend and I thank God for leading me to such a wonderful man.
  • padisneyfour
    Options
    we will be married 23 years in July.... dated all through college :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Our first kiddo is due the day before our third anniversary. :flowerforyou:
  • 608peg
    608peg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Celebrated our 45th anniversary this past December..we look at each other and wonder where all the years went. He still makes me laugh and still thinks I am hot!! Love it!
  • OneEyeUp
    OneEyeUp Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This thread fills me with happiness and hope.
  • kmmths
    kmmths Posts: 1
    Options
    It'll be 28 years this year. We've survived kids, jobs, financial messes.... and all the ups and downs that come with marraige. So happy we are in a calmer phase of life! :D
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Very happily married for 18 years. When we got married I told my husband, "Okay, this is a 60-year contract here. After that, we'll renegotiate for the next 60."
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    we got married in 86 so .....

Us too so 27 years! :drinker: Been together for just over 30 though.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i agree! whatever happened to the 'its us, together, against the world' mentality?
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Married 17 years and we've been together for 20.
    And lovin' it.
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i love this thread.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    42 years this month
  • mamaove3
    mamaove3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We celebrated our 20th in October. Yay us! Yay all of us. :)
  • Missyann52
    Missyann52 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    43 years to the love of my life!
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We were married for 16 years,got divorce,got remarried after 2 years, we now have a total of 27 years married. Life is good. There are many bumps in the road,and many different ways to handle them. After 27 years,5 kids and several dogs , turtles,and lizards,all is well. I love her dearly.
  • AdnerbW
    AdnerbW Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    33 years on Australia day for us :) We are both also loving myfitnesspal.
  • CSueB
    CSueB Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    We will be married 37 years in June, and like most everyone else...there have been ups and downs....good and bad.....but I am SO glad we have stayed together through it all. I think the key is that it really does take work, lots of it, but that isn't anywhere in the fine print on that marriage license! Mine is perfect for me and I love him great big bunches! :)
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    31 years here. If something ever happened to him I'd stay alone the rest of my life because no one could ever live up to him.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    31 years here. If something ever happened to him I'd stay alone the rest of my life because no one could ever live up to him.

I feel the same way. I do hope I'm wrong about that because I do know there are lots of amazing men in the world. I gave birth to two of them so I know it's true.