For Women: Do you exercise during your menstrual period?

Options
I'm just curious because for me i really get sluggish and weak during my menstruation.

Read the article below to find out more:

http://shine.yahoo.com/why-feel-weak-during-period-225000169.html.

Replies

• catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Of course I do!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Yep, sure do
  • RoamingDuck
    Options
    I usually the skip the first day because my muscles get pretty tender and sore, but I power through the rest of the time. A good workout will actually make you feel better.
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. But if I'm having a particularly hard cycle, I give myself a little leeway if I don't feel like hitting it as hard as I usually do.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    I definitely feel sluggish during TOM, but I still exercise and am sure to drink plenty of water. Literally nothing about my routine changes during that week, just my attitude and energy levels.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I do! I find it lessens the severity of cramps, and reduces the bloat feeling
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    yup - always. I do feel a bit tired during that time, but i usually just push through it on my exercise days. c:
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    the more I exercise, the less I want to kill other people...although that helps more the week before. Really, I just exercise to off set all the crap I want to eat.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Yes. I refuse to let Mother Nature dictate my workouts.

A weak workout is still a work out.
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    yep yep always do.
  • Joneisha07
    Options
    I do not! I am anemic so I feel like a big pile of doo doo during that time. I mostly get my calorie burn during TOM by walking at work. I would say my diary takes a hit in the sugar department too. I just fail for a week every month LOL
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    no, I also get weak, exhausted, I hurt all over and generally want to die. Even though I try to eat good and take vitamins.
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    heck yes!! Even if it's just a walk for 30 mins, I'll be danged if I'm letting mother nature keep me from a great workout and cramp relief!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious because for me i really get sluggish and weak during my menstruation.

Read the article below to find out more:

http://shine.yahoo.com/why-feel-weak-during-period-225000169.html.

I do and it's not for any other reason, but for the fact that it sure does make my monthlies more bearable despite the obvious inconvenience.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Last week I had to spend almost the whole weekend in bed.
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, but on Day 1 I lower the effort/intensity as I'm very tired.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, it makes my cramps less severe which is a huge plus because sometimes they hurt so bad I can't move.... I've always had awful cramps until I started working out regularly.
  • meFreshwater
    meFreshwater Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I work right through it and never notice any difference. But, that being said, isn't it more important to do what YOUR body feels is best? Taking it a bit easier for a few days won't be the end of the world. Try different levels of exercise, or different methods, like maybe yoga instead of aerobics, for instance. See what feels best to you.
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I find exercising easy my cramps and makes me feel better.
  • taylorxpaige
    taylorxpaige Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually skip the first day, and resume my exercising the second day. I feel much more sluggish though, for sure.