Diet sodas are not bad after all!!!

Options

Replies

• toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Why is diet soda being discussed on a food and nutrition forum? It is neither and shouldn't belong here.

I'm glad you found an article to justify your addiction to diet soda. Enjoy.

Thanks, no need to be rude. And also, who told you I was addicted to diet soda? I never said that, lol. Why shouldnt it be discussed on a nutrition forum? Just read the article and everything else it mentions.

Anyways just thought I would share, because I've read million of articles about the dangers of diet sodas... this is the first one of the kind!!!

I have read a few of the comments he likes to post on peoples topics, dont take it personal he is usually rude!!!! or maybe having a crappy month and feels a better than every else attitude is the way to put sunshine in his life!! :happy: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Diet Sodas are terrible! I am against ANY ARTIFICIAL SWEETENED PRODUCT! Seriously why people can not see synthetic is NOT GOOD!
  • Jessiebell527
    Jessiebell527 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Why is diet soda being discussed on a food and nutrition forum? It is neither and shouldn't belong here.

Have you found an article to explain why you are right about everything OTHER people put into their bodies. For that matter, open up your diary and stop being so negative on EVERY POST.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Diet Sodas are terrible! I am against ANY ARTIFICIAL SWEETENED PRODUCT! Seriously why people can not see synthetic is NOT GOOD!

Please explain.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I have only read 3 of your posts. I am curious,,,, are you always so negative?

Just want to see people be as healthy as they can be! I don't like BS and don't like seeing others fall for the BS either. Maybe I'm completely wrong about everything but you know what, I know what it feels like to be sick and I know what it feels like to live at a 10. If someone shouts at the top of their lungs that diet soda is "not bad after all" and shows me a random study, then I feel they are missing the entire point. Just look at anything you are putting into your body and ask yourself if it will add vitality to your life. The answer should be simple. Nutrition becomes simpler. Every single time I eat the healthiest food on the planet (produce) I've felt like a million bucks (except for those medjool dates that had larvae in them :sick: ). I think we should strive to eat as close to nature as possible --- why bother with anything else? That's when you see REAL results. There's much more at stake than numbers on a scale. Drinking a diet pop a few times a week might strike you dead one afternoon or it might not be harmful at all, who can really prove it either way? But I do know that life brings life and diet pop just does not fall under the guise of health/food/nutrition. Happy Friday to you, sir. :flowerforyou:
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    LOL

They have zero nutrition and are all chemicals. Thats not okay for my body.
  • toni_myers0915
    Options

Have you found an article to explain why you are right about everything OTHER people put into their bodies. For that matter, open up your diary and stop being so negative on EVERY POST.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^ :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    First of all artificial sweeteners do not hit the brain receptors to indicate you have taken in sugar. They will not slake your craving for sugar, and so you will consume more calories trying to get what your body needs or wants. It is best to have something naturally sweet. (like a piece of fruit). I mean I love technological advancement, but not in my food! Eat clean, Eat Well, and enjoy variety!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

If it is so great how come Dannon took it out of their light and fit yogurt?

wee-bey-gif.gif

As if that can even be considered to be a remotely logical or relevant argument.

I don't know why you care so much about people drinking diet pop personally. Whatever works. Team IIFYM
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

If it is so great how come Dannon took it out of their light and fit yogurt?

wee-bey-gif.gif

As if that can even be considered to be a remotely logical or relevant argument.

I don't know why you care so much about people drinking diet pop personally. Whatever works. Team IIFYM

Thats one small part of many statements I have made on this subject.....still doesn't change the FACT that it isnt as good as water and other natural options. Doesnt change the fact it is chemically altered and has empty calories to satiate a craving that has an underlying reason for being a craving and isnt getting dealt with. Aspartame is only one aspect of why soda isn't good for you we havent even touched on the other things in it that cause other problems to your over all health.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Aspartame
    Monsanto
    FDA
    Arrogance
    Tin foil hats

This thread has it all.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

You have to find out who backed the study. If the study was sponsored by the makers of the artificial sweetener industry you can bet it has absolutely no validity because there is no objectivity. The artificial sweeteners are not really good period but nor is HFCS or sugar. Basically, limit all your intake of sweet stuff.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You can find a study to support almost any view, good or bad.

Just because one study says someting is ok doesn't mean it is.... and for the record, I am not against diet pop at all.

That is so unbelievably true. I'm a marketing writer, and I read health studies all day, every day. Coffee is a big one that gets defended and attacked constantly.

I LOVE Diet Coke, but the key to anything is moderation, right?

The study even says, "But they don’t prove pounding back diet drinks is harmless." So, don't go overboard in celebration.

So does chocolate.
  • toni_myers0915
    Options
    You can find a study to support almost any view, good or bad.

Just because one study says someting is ok doesn't mean it is.... and for the record, I am not against diet pop at all.

That is so unbelievably true. I'm a marketing writer, and I read health studies all day, every day. Coffee is a big one that gets defended and attacked constantly.

I LOVE Diet Coke, but the key to anything is moderation, right?

The study even says, "But they don’t prove pounding back diet drinks is harmless." So, don't go overboard in celebration.

So does chocolate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ CHHHHHOOOOOOOCCCCCOOOLLLAAATTTEEE!!!!! MMMMMMMMMM :bigsmile:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options

Thats one small part of many statements I have made on this subject.....still doesn't change the FACT that it isnt as good as water and other natural options. Doesnt change the fact it is chemically altered and has empty calories to satiate a craving that has an underlying reason for being a craving and isnt getting dealt with. Aspartame is only one aspect of why soda isn't good for you we havent even touched on the other things in it that cause other problems to your over all health.

Well we don't have to make all our drink choices based on a comparison to water to be healthy.

And I've seen you mention empty calories twice now but diet pop has barely any calories... Also what is inherently bad about "chemically altered"? I didn't think that phrase had a natural negative connotation to it.

I don't care if you don't like it, or have something against it - fair enough whatever works for you. Your tone is just a bit arrogant - and for someone who capitalizes FACTS you haven't really presented any...
  • NikoM5
    Options
    First of all artificial sweeteners do not hit the brain receptors to indicate you have taken in sugar. They will not slake your craving for sugar, and so you will consume more calories trying to get what your body needs or wants. It is best to have something naturally sweet. (like a piece of fruit). I mean I love technological advancement, but not in my food! Eat clean, Eat Well, and enjoy variety!

Please see the study the OP posted.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Well we don't have to make all our drink choices based on a comparison to water to be healthy.

And I've seen you mention empty calories twice now but diet pop has barely any calories... Also what is inherently bad about "chemically altered"? I didn't think that phrase had a natural negative connotation to it.

I don't care if you don't like it, or have something against it - fair enough whatever works for you. Your tone is just a bit arrogant - and for someone who capitalizes FACTS you haven't really presented any...

Your opinion is just that an opinion but instead of trying to comment about my comments why dont you comment on the topic genius? Not all diet sodas are zero calories but contain aspartame so empty calories is what that means. I am not for or against sodas and if you find arrogance in my typing tone that sounds like a personal problem YOU need to deal with sir lol I am however for better choices and being aware of what is really going on with a persons body and understanding that and dealing with it and not just grabbing the quickest fix you can to mask it. So sorry that my FACT that water is always the best option isn't a fact for you lol So sorry that my FACT it is genetically engineered in a lab and sent out to consumers isnt the a fact for you. I stated water was the best option I never stated all the other options just as readily available as diet sodas are. So before you find someone else to pick out of the crowd because YOU think they are arrogant and then contribute nothing other than that you lost weight drinking diet soda because it stopped your cravings (which I have clearly stated over and over is an underlying issue that needs to be dealt with through diet) good luck to you lol You can have my share of diet sodas because I have better smarter options that my body appreciates more.
  • NikoM5
    Options

I have only read 3 of your posts. I am curious,,,, are you always so negative?

Just want to see people be as healthy as they can be! I don't like BS and don't like seeing others fall for the BS either. Maybe I'm completely wrong about everything but you know what, I know what it feels like to be sick and I know what it feels like to live at a 10. If someone shouts at the top of their lungs that diet soda is "not bad after all" and shows me a random study, then I feel they are missing the entire point. Just look at anything you are putting into your body and ask yourself if it will add vitality to your life. The answer should be simple. Nutrition becomes simpler. Every single time I eat the healthiest food on the planet (produce) I've felt like a million bucks (except for those medjool dates that had larvae in them :sick: ). I think we should strive to eat as close to nature as possible --- why bother with anything else? That's when you see REAL results. There's much more at stake than numbers on a scale. Drinking a diet pop a few times a week might strike you dead one afternoon or it might not be harmful at all, who can really prove it either way? But I do know that life brings life and diet pop just does not fall under the guise of health/food/nutrition. Happy Friday to you, sir. :flowerforyou:

The forum isn't called "healthy food and nutrition". If it goes in your body it belongs here, good or bad.
  • armymom5
    armymom5 Posts: 115
    Options
    Honest truth.......diet coke with Vanilla Vodka is yummy and I call it a skinny bi*ch :) It is a fun treat on a night out once in a while!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

^^^^ This. If you are serious about dieting and getting your health in order... WHY ARE YOU STILL DRINKING SODA?! No Soda is "okay" for you. End of story.
    Health just isn't about food. There are other factors involved. Weight, exercise, rest, reduced stress, environment, geneticsand emotions to name a few. If one is "serious" about getting their the ALL of them should be addressed. If not then that serious person is wasting their time..............so no, not end of story.
    And yes I drink diet soda.:smile:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition