What is a strange fact about you?

Options

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I was in the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake (lived in San Francisco)

I was in the '94 Northridge earthquake (lived 5 miles from Northridge)

I've been in 8 car accidents; was always a passenger not the driver

I've broken almost every bone in my body

I've "died" twice. 1st time at age 18 months from viral spinal menegitis, 2nd time from untreated mastoiditis

I think I'm lucky to be alive. :bigsmile: :wink:

Wow, I think you are very lucky too. Not so much luck I think but divine intervention. ????
  • MelodyinGa
    MelodyinGa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    NM
  • knwells16
    knwells16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a cactus growing in my lung....they say that it wont start sprouting till I am in my 80s. What I think about is them grave robberrs 100+ years down the road who only find a huge casket full of nothing but cacti!
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    -I have an EXTREME fear of death and hyperventilate when I think about it.
    -I like to eat chalk. Haven't in quite some time, but used to eat it fairly often... same with dried mud.
    -Also can pick up lots of things with my feet.
    -I am double jointed and can bend my fingers & toes all the way back.

:bigsmile:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I count pretty much everything but specifically words and letters.
    So for example, if someone sends me a birthday card I will count every word and letter in it as I'm reading it and I can do it super fast.

There are certain numbers I don't like and if everything adds up to one of those numbers, I get pretty annoyed.

I also have to add up ANY numbers I see ANYWHERE, number plates when I'm driving, prices in the supermarket, all the numbers of credit card details I'm given at work, the list goes on.

If an ad comes on the TV with a phone number and it changes before I'm done adding up, it really p's me off :laugh:

OMG, me too! Do you prefer it to add up even or odd? I prefer odd for some reason. Oh, and I do this with letters, number, those little dots on the road...everything.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was in the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake (lived in San Francisco)

I was in the '94 Northridge earthquake (lived 5 miles from Northridge)

I've been in 8 car accidents; was always a passenger not the driver

I've broken almost every bone in my body

I've "died" twice. 1st time at age 18 months from viral spinal menegitis, 2nd time from untreated mastoiditis

I think I'm lucky to be alive. :bigsmile: :wink:

The Chosen One, right there.

I don't know about the chosen one....but glad that I haven't been done in yet. :wink:
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    When I do my walking outside, after 20 min my legs get itchy. This doesn't happen on the treadmill, maybe because of temperature change or something? Anyway I hate it and think it is weird and it makes my walks outdoors uncomfortable and not much fun. Anyone else share this weird condition?

I have this, especially worse when I come in from the cold and start to warm up. causes itching like crazy. Search Physical urticaria. See if it might give you answers.:)
    Its not as extreme as my dermogrphism. Im literally allergic to touch, pressure. Scratching at an itch can cause my body to be covered in hives and welts. Its cause is unknown, and may magically disappear tomorrow or last a lifetime. For now I'm on allergy meds everyday.

Certain words spoken (or written) will cause me different degrees of pain in my ears. My kids love saying them to torture me.

I can see in a room with no light. My SO says im a bat

If im chopping, sweeping, chewing, going up/down stairs ect. I count,
    Example: chopping up and apples and having them have the same amount of slices each makes me happy. Starting stairs with my right and ending on my right makes me happy.
    Doing an exercise video and they don't have the same number of reps per side, I get royally pissed.

I cannot stand the thought/sound of 2 nail files rubbing together.

I can not wear turtle necks or chokers,tight scarf... I gag

Biting/touching my knees (or pretending too) will result in me punching you. I give fair warning before hand.

Im sure there's more but that's all that comes to mind lol
  • ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly afraid of dinosaurs. I've never seen Jurassic Park, and the one time I tried to watch Land Before Time I went bat %#!%, had a panic attack and night terrors for months.

I'm also deathly allergic to cashews.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    When people tell me I'm weird, I take it as a compliment.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I have an unhealthy preoccupation with tragic freak accidents and often fantasize about myself or loved ones dying or being horribly disfigured in them.

me too :/

I often imagine what it feels like to die....in all sorts of horrible ways!
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of butterflies.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I am perfecctly normal.:huh:
  • alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have dermatographia, so I can write on my skin by scratching it lightly.

34957x0.jpg
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I hate hiccups, having them makes me irrationally angry and hearing them makes me want to vomit.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to watching Discovery ID, which I now refer to as the murder channel. I have no idea why violent crime fascinates me, as I am more of a lover than a fighter. The fact that I watch it a lot makes my hubby very uneasy though!! BWAAAAAHAHAHA!! lol :wink:
  • Lola_Rogers
    Lola_Rogers Posts: 107
    Options
    Ok so this is a bit odd and actually affects my soical life . Dont know what to do about it but dont wanna change it either.

I only wear high heels and i dont go to places where i cant wear heels such as hiking, bowling, picnics, my japanese friend's house (they have this culture that no shoes allowed in the house)
    I only have one pair of running shoes and thats for the gym. I wear heels on bike, in my apt, in shower, in bed during sex, anything you can imagine.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I haven't had T.V. access in 15 years

I'm left handed/write with my left hand--but golf, bowl, shoot, do most sports with my right hand

When I see people's name or store/truck signs...I spelled them backwards to see what they say

I love God with ALL of my mind, heart, soul and strength and love my neighbor as I do myself (at least I purposely try to daily)

I LOVE seeing people (like cashiers, waiters/servers, or people I'm interacting with in business) when I see them looking sad or mad or troubled....I LOVE to say "how ya doing happy" or smile at them and ask them how they are doing and feeling today? I LOVE the reaction, it's instant smiles and I see whatever was/is troubling them absolutely disappear and replaced by smiles, and a brighter even taller stance--LOVE that!

I totally embrace being strange and wouldn't want to live life any other way...I'm so anti-follow the crowd/with the majority--I love being the "odd ball":smooched:
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to have 14 kids. Dead serious. My husband also chose that number before I met him. :)
  • koiphish777
    Options
    my penis crooks both directions
  • saralee61386
    saralee61386 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This post is hilarious!!!

Mine are...
    -I hate squirrels. They freak me out! Especially the big fat ones. Gag!

-I cannot stand when someone stands behind me. It gives me this weird tingling feeling in my back!